Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Some questions from a new player.

Hey guys,

Sorry for the noob questions but I am very inquisitive and so am in need of some answers.

I have been reading guides and websites and such but I can’t find much information on this.

So I get that there are wold bosses and we can kill them but what’s the reason, is it good drops?

My wife and I have started to play having been avid World of Warcraft players as well as other games but with a young family it’s easier to play on iPhone and iPads so have started here.

We are mid 30’s on our main characters so obviously very low but I was wondering about the bosses and if there were instances/dungeons?

I know in Celtic Heroes there is ‘Bosses’ as low as level 8 but what is the benefit of killing it? Are they part of quests or just for the drops and if so how often do they respawn?

Do we have instances/dungeons or something similar and if so how do I sign up and at what level, do I need to be in a clan to do it with or can we log in individual and go when we have a random team?

Last question (for now) is about PVP, is this done like in battlegrounds and arenas, do I need a PVP team or can I get teleported to some kind of battleground? Also what rewards for PVPing?

Sorry for all the questions, I did try for guides on all of this but can't find any, did find some good class guides though so thank you to the writers of them.

Regards
"Once, they asked the wise man, 'Is he who gives you a wild tiger in a jade box being truly generous?' The Great Sage replied, 'How should I know?'"

Re: Some questions from a new player.

Up until the higher levels bosses are primarily killed for quest drops and gold. The quest drops are mainly for armor and those drops are completely random. You have to collect x amount of various things to turn in for each quest armor piece.

Bosses are open world and a free for all. At mid levels you can begin to solo the earlier armor quest bosses, but in the later stages being in clan is absolutley necessary to have a chance at killing one. Again the bosses are a free for all and competition is fierce. Others WILL attempt to steal these bosses from you so know that before going in.

PVP is an afterthought in this game. There is one large arena with no rewards and again it is a free for all. A level 200 can one shot a level 5.
Black Company of Taranis

Mercenaries don't care about sides or politics, they care about getting paid.

No instances or dungeons, all bosses and mobs are there and will always spawn in the same place.
Sometimes a different version of a boss or a legacy boss will spawn in the spot of a regular boss.

Rewards for killing the bosses are EXP, Items, Gold, and also the completion of quests. Some bosses are farmed strictly for Loot, which can be marketed or kept and used.

PvP is... barely PvP. No benefit whatsoever other than attaining a rank, which is just a title for your character in the examine screen.

Welcome to the game, hope you two enjoy. My partner and I enjoy playing together as well, it's great fun :)
Would you kindly?

Thank you for the responses, looking forward to finding out more :-)
If you ever need help give me a shout ;)
The community are great at answering questions, if you ever need specialized help we also have specific world and class sub forums too!
Muldar tryin' to add some input cos he got beat to the punch but this is his job so he's gotta do something hahahaha

Glad to see you're still doing a great job here Muldar, that isn't sarcasm either :)
Would you kindly?

Thank you for the responses, looking forward to finding out more :-)
If you ever need help give me a shout ;)
The community are great at answering questions, if you ever need specialized help we also have specific world and class sub forums too!
Muldar tryin' to add some input cos he got beat to the punch but this is his job so he's gotta do something hahahaha

Glad to see you're still doing a great job here Muldar, that isn't sarcasm either :)
The king of kings ;)

Good to see you back dude!

As a former WoW player perhaps I may add some insight.

As previously mentioned there is not any instances all mobs are open world mobs. Just like in WoW most of the lower level zones were once upon a time end game zones with bosses that dropped either end game items or items for the end game quest line (much like a class epic quest on WoW). Some examples: in the catacombs there are three bosses that would spawn and the armor they dropped was once considered the best armor you could get. In shale not ravine there is a boss that sits in front of the castle gates that once dropped ancient armor and weapons
, these same weapons are available to be bought in stores for around 10k a piece but at that time 10k was a lot of gold. Then they added stonevale and the wardens quest, the bosses there dropped the first end game quest line material to turn in to get end game armor. During this time top level players fought over the boss known as Falgren as he dropped the dragon disk, which was needed for the warden BP. As the game has developed OTM has stuck with this end game quest line for the best armor and weapons with each expansion. It goes warden - meteor - frozen - dragon lord - exalted dragon lord - doch gul. Each quest line requires completion of the previous (this is one thing I like that is different than WoW; in Wow when there is an expansion your previous gear becomes invalid. In CH you still have to grind out the previous end game quests in order to do the current one).

Raid bosses

With the expansion that brought the Otherworld CH introduced the first non-event raid bosses. Aggragoth is a dragon that when released required usually a cooperative effort of about 30 individuals to kill. His drops were by far the best in the game. Even to this day his gear is the best to have from level 120-180ish. Since then there has been 5 raid type bosses added to the game that require more than just a single group to kill and whose loot is the most sought after in the game.

Event bosses

For a few years CH had events during different seasons of the year during these events there would be four different bosses that would spawn through out the world. Typically the bosses were aimed for different lvl group (usually lvl 50,100,150, and then whatever the end game level was at that time.). In the last few years CH has stopped these events and instead the bosses from previous events (now referred to as legacy bosses by most) randomly spawn at different times at set locations through CH)

Hope this helps
World - Gwydion - semi retired in 2020
- restarted in 2022 on Herne - 220 (rogue)

Searching for the next adventure.

Welcome to Celtic Heroes! My name is Bitey and I run a website http://www.celticheroes.info. I've put a bunch of guides up there to help people out. I'm not sure what level you are exactly, but here are some guides that may help you out now and in the near future: I might have to update some of these a little, since they changed Lir's Reach around recently. They aren't too far off though.
If you're interested, you might want to check out my cooking and fishing guides too In my opinion, cooking is easier to level up than fishing, and you can make some great items that will really help you level up.

If you have any questions, don't be afraid to post. there are tons of people here that would be happy to help. Good luck and happy hunting! hope to see you fighting this guy soon
YouTube | Mystery Chest Simulator | Cooking Guide | Legacy Boss Guide

WOW, thank you all so much for the responses and it has certainly helped thanks.

A little more info I suppose is that my wife and my “mains” level together, she is a Druid and healing and I am a Warrior currently specced in damage but we are only level 36 on the characters.

We do have alts to play as well and have created a clan for our characters.

We have been trying to enjoy each area and do every quest there is (only do the dailies each once just now).

A couple of more questions if I can.

What’s the deal with fast travel, bag space and banks? It seems impossible to be able fast travel after about level 20 especially given we are both doing cooking and fishing as well, do we just bite the bullet and buy them or is there another way?

What can I use the tokens for as I am gathering up the hunters favours, don’t suppose these can be used for pet or mount?
"Once, they asked the wise man, 'Is he who gives you a wild tiger in a jade box being truly generous?' The Great Sage replied, 'How should I know?'"