Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Dragons Not Created Equal

If it’s nerfed because of Carrow that makes no sense. Ice and fire are over powered inside Tower and on majority of legacy bosses. It’s not like any end game player is bringing tier 6 dragons to Snorri because a locker can’t use maxed ones. Then ofc course It’s usless at Necro. The bloodthorn sets don’t give less damge than other sets just because of Carrow, so why should a dragon thats VERY hard to upgrade be nerfed...

And to the other poster, I think my green dragon is cute :evil:
If poison did as much dmg as the others then the rich over geared Carrow lockers would become way overpowered lmao. There’s op, like the way they are now, and then there’s broken, like a buffed poison dragoon in Carrow. Maybe you should have looked twice before choosing a poison dragoon, cause tbh poison wouldn’t be good on an endgame toon doing endgame bosses anyways when compared to the others.
I didn’t know the drop rates were going to be THIS bad, my plan was to get two of them for situational purposes lol ..I bring ranger to Necro and proteus anyway so poison on rogue is just as good as any other.

I’d still be curious if other dmg types are more evenly balanced when trained or if it’s solely poison with biggest nerf. It’s not like theres a whole lot tier 6 on one server to compare.
LadyNymeria
Level 230+ Rogue
General of Ascension
LadysHeart Level 220+ Druid
Level 220+ Ice Mage Valyria
Heartsbane 220+ Warrior
Level 220+ Ranger Sweet Tansy
Dreamfyre Level 220+ Lure Mage
190 Locker Rogue Catspaw

Danu

I don't think its because poison is strong in carrow. OTM isn't dumb enough to care about a few dragons dominating a zone that came out 4 yrs ago. Maybe poisons going to be the best damage in the Corrupted Gardens, so they don't want players having too much advantage with a huge poison skill that's also an AOE.
Adrohan - 226 Rogue, Fingal
Get kills or die trying!
First Mordris n Necro kill on Android, nuff said
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=Adrohan

I don't think its because poison is strong in carrow. OTM isn't dumb enough to care about a few dragons dominating a zone that came out 4 yrs ago. Maybe poisons going to be the best damage in the Corrupted Gardens, so they don't want players having too much advantage with a huge poison skill that's also an AOE.
At this point in time Carrow is still a very relevant area even for endgame players with snorri, mord, and a few legacies. I have a feelin corrupted gardens wont come out till 2018 considering we have no info on even the beta /: (unless if Muldar posts something later today). Carrow will continue to be a relevant area even if the corrupted gardens bosses drop superior loot, because that superior loot won’t come all at once and mord will instantly become irrelevant to endgame. And then there’s always the annoying dL weapon bottleneck that affects endgame rogues in particular that rushed ahead
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

I was thinking this and i really hope thats why or at least they've decided to make it about 50% resists so its better then tower but not as good as carrow but if they won't be then +1 to buffing the poison dragon.

Seriously OTM have players test these things properly, get real feedback, host proper closed beta tests with 100% transparency and let players feedback be meaningful, would have though they would have learnt since all the doch complaints.

There Is no way to tell the dmg difference of each dragon until you purchase it. They should make this transparent before purchase so the player can decide. Sure we know now, but that doesn't help the people that already spent thier eggstremely rare egg(s) to make this information possible to us.
Server: Danu since 2011
Clan - Ascension
Sockthief -- Level 227 Ranger
Siegengine -- Level 182 Warrior
Stinkysock -- Level 180 Rogue

This was intentional as Poison resistance values are much lower pre-tower, this is balanced out by the DOT effects.
However you are correct about the lures, a maxed lure means you will hit harder than the poison damage despite being better at base.

This was intentional as Poison resistance values are much lower pre-tower, this is balanced out by the DOT effects.
However you are correct about the lures, a maxed lure means you will hit harder than the poison damage despite being better at base.
Kinda wish this was made known before actually purchasing :/ I still love it and think it’s awesome, but I would have chosen a different color if I was aware beforehand. Otm should consider making a future pet with a poison lure as a skill so we aren’t under powered inside tower :twisted:
LadyNymeria
Level 230+ Rogue
General of Ascension
LadysHeart Level 220+ Druid
Level 220+ Ice Mage Valyria
Heartsbane 220+ Warrior
Level 220+ Ranger Sweet Tansy
Dreamfyre Level 220+ Lure Mage
190 Locker Rogue Catspaw

Danu

This is actually quite bad design when you just consider raid bosses. Where is poison strongout of raid bosses?

Aggy- poison is the weakest.
Hrung- poison is the strongest
Mordris- Poison strongest
Necro- Poison ineffective
Prot- Poison much less effective
Gele- Poison much less effective

So there is 2/6 'raid' bosses where poison is superior to other damage types and the two where its superior by OTM's own words will be obsolete by the garden update.
Oderint Dum Metuant.