Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Why are 99% of the Bosses massive Giants?

It has always seemed weird to me, I suppose the semi- lazy excuse would be that some are infused with chaos or something, but there's plenty more who aren't. I'd kind of like to see a bit more variety to the bosses in this game rather than just, "MAKE EM GIANTS", especially the Human ones, many of whom make Jotuns look like midgets. The Osan/Halloween bosses look the most ridiculous, with their five ton horses.

I noticed some of the older bosses are relatively normal sized and less ridiculous, but it seems after a certain point OTM just decided to just made them all Huge, without any reasoning as to why.

:P
Hoping for the day when the glitchy Pict and Jotun charms are updated. :D

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Re: Why are 99% of the Bosses massive Giants?

I think it’s just make the whole boss experience more epic. When new players find a gigantic spider or an armored giant they know they found something and get extremely excited, just like two days ago when Synak Sunclaw appeared in Lir’s, all the noobs were there, they really enjoyed it. Their size just separate them from the other mobs, which is great I think. If it’s bigger it must be stronger. Imagine a human-sized Gelebron or a cow-sized Mordris, kinda meh if you ask me. They needs to be bigger than the players themselves.

Lazy.... sorry, 'shortage of manpower' (as usual) to create individual art and animation for any boss 'jus makem bigger'. I wonder if the revenue per manpower is short too?

Seriously this is the only non-modded game I've seen where bosses and henchmen share the same look. Can we at least have a more regular-sized death knight or a demon or are these not supposed to be in celtic mythology?
Last edited by CHsaviour on Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I understand that, but why do the humans have to be giant? Taller, yes, but full on giant is going ott imo.

It also loses its coolness when virtually every boss is doing it. Again I can understand giant monsters, but making every guy you fight 20ft tall is a bit weird, especially when you already have Jotuns who are actually smaller now than most of these guys.

maybe bosses should be spent more time on, to look cool and unique, like most mmo's. Rather than just made into giants, theres nothing epic about that imo. :/ just being honest. Again no variety, just giant after giant.
Last edited by Darkfell Pict on Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Lazy.... sorry, 'shortage of manpower' (as usual) to create individual art and animation for any boss 'jus makem bigger'. I wonder if the revenue per manpower is short too?

Seriously this is the only non-modded game I've seen where bosses and henchmen share the same look. Can we at least have a more regular-sized death knight or a demon or are these not supposed to be in celtic mythology?
It seems more like they go all out on Raid Bosses only. Gele being the most recent, all his henchmen are just reskins...and giant, versions of regular mobs.

A true variety of unique and fun enemies would keep people from getting bored a lot faster imo, if you are just fighting the same giant clones every day it gets a bit tedious. Nothing unique, nothing iconic.

In fact that would be (aside from the Jotun Charm's lady hands and my Pict Charm being outdated). The only real criticism of this game I could personally make.

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Croms corruption spreads far ;)

Osan Marach is undead, brought back to life by Donn to fight as a general in his army.
I have a feeling after being resurrected from the dead size is not a limitation for him.

Mainly it is just a visual thing, so you can differentiate from a distance, boss and mob.

Mainly it is just a visual thing, so you can differentiate from a distance, boss and mob.
I personally appreciate this distinction. I remember running up to Rockbelly back in the day and being able to tell from far away if it was just a ph or a 6 star. Other than that, I don't really care much about the appearance or size of the bosses. I understand the lack of variety but I would prefer more work be done on new content rather than going back over the old stuff.

I have noticed that the Jotun charm looks...let's just say "silly" on my female rogue. It adopted the way she holds her arms close to her body, for example, and it just looks wrong. After I wiped the tears from my face from laughing so hard I just handed the charm over to my husband. He always ends up with all the good stuff. :cry: