Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Warden or Darkshadow?

I’m in full Darkshadow for a while now and recently started collecting my Wardens, but despite the fact that I’ve already got 4 pieces they just sit in my bank, and it’s mainly because of the huge amount of Focus boost (+50) from the Darkshadow set. My spells are stronger, I have more total energy and that little armor bonus from the Wardens is irrevelant compared to the positive effects of the Focus boost. Only the resistance bonuses from the Loremantle set would come in handy, actually more and more often, since Stonevale is full of elemental damage and there are the Chaos bosses as well. Maybe with the aura it will be better, but I don’t have it yet, so I can’t compare.

Long story short, I need resistances but don’t want to lose Focus, don’t know which option gives me a better performance overall. Don’t know which way I can be more effective.

Any thoughts?

Re: Warden or Darkshadow?

Keep using shadow armor in the mean time, bt make sure to collect your warden and met armor as well. It’s necrssary to upgrade to frozen to dl to edl to dg.

Also the warden aura sucks. I’ve never used it and have always broken it up. Aura doesn’t really matter until dl/frozen. My Mage still doesn’t use aura based armor except at gelebron (cuz aura protects you from a special insta kill move).

Overall you seem to have the right idea. I’d use darkshadow till 105 then spirit shadow to 130, if you really like the shadow armor, then frozen to 140 mixing it with anc bb armor and dl.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

I personally never used Frozen armour except for OW firehorse/aggy add bounties... Went up thru Spiritshadow (op), and only phased it out with breastbone pieces that upped my ice skill dmg, and dl when I got it. I had some minor survivability issues, but it's a mage... Comes with the territory. One recommendation for you, though, is to get a nice spider helm, either the Druid or Icemage varieties. It adds more focus than the Shadow armour, and a worthwhile amount of vitality. I'm someone who leveled slowly and cared a TON about having the best gear at my level, and I used a lvl 110 req icemagic spider helm until I got the DL helm at lvl 170ish. Spider helms are OP AF. Another survivability tip, one mage to another, is at lvl 100, get a lux shield offhand. On my mage, I always had both a focus offhand and a shield, but if I had to choose one or the other to use always... I'd pick the shield every time. Armour is hugely underrated, and a shield will nigh on DOUBLE a mage's armour, while adding a nice amount of vitality, and perhaps some resistances and evades. Verrrrry helpful for difficult bounties, powerful lower level bosses, and pvp.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Thanks for the tips, I will keep wearing the Shadow armor. The broken Warden armor (chest still missing) doesn’t worth too much btw, I tried it. In the past few days I fought against a lot of Chaos bosses in Stonevale, and the 6* main bosses usually killed me with 2 of their skills (especially Chillmist) despite the maxed Energy Shield and the restoration potions. So I started to change my gear at the start of the battle to get some resistances but it didn’t helped too much, I didn’t noticed any changes, it felt the same.

Thanks for the tips, I will keep wearing the Shadow armor. The broken Warden armor (chest still missing) doesn’t worth too much btw, I tried it. In the past few days I fought against a lot of Chaos bosses in Stonevale, and the 6* main bosses usually killed me with 2 of their skills (especially Chillmist) despite the maxed Energy Shield and the restoration potions. So I started to change my gear at the start of the battle to get some resistances but it didn’t helped too much, I didn’t noticed any changes, it felt the same.
Lvl 127 and getting 2 shot by stonevale bosses? Spearhorn and fairy boss really only ones that do a lot of damage if i remember correctly. Or was this when u were lower lvl? I think you need more vitality. Ive noticed a few mages go for the "godly" dps and although that might work if you have an awesome tank, for solo purposes on bosses its a terrible way to go.
Brevity is the soul of wit so i will talk your ears off.

Lvl 127 and getting 2 shot by stonevale bosses? Spearhorn and fairy boss really only ones that do a lot of damage if i remember correctly. Or was this when u were lower lvl? I think you need more vitality. Ive noticed a few mages go for the "godly" dps and although that might work if you have an awesome tank, for solo purposes on bosses its a terrible way to go.
Falgren isn't soloable at lower levels (130-) if i remember right, at least not without resto spam...
But getitng 2 shotted doesn't seem right.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

When I asked this question I was around level 70-80. Now most of them would be much easier to defeat I'm sure, even the feared Chillmist, but didn't tried to kill any of them since I barely visit Stonevale nowadays. But last time when I was there accidentally bumped into Chillmist and his "super strong" spells can't even broke my Energy Shield. So with (or without) some restos I can able to solo most of them I think, except Falgren and the three Meteoric bosses.

Falgren isn't soloable at lower levels (130-) if i remember right, at least not without resto spam...
But getitng 2 shotted doesn't seem right.
I doubt many at that lvl could solo falgren. He regens quite a bit so you would have to have a decent amount of damage as well as having enough vitality to be able to heal yourself and use pots. I tried at about 130-140 as a hybrid warrior and i can survive i just couldnt get his health lower than 15%. Not saying it cant be done but certainly most could not do it. My point was if u are getting killed in 2 hits by fal u probably ought to change stats. Theres no need for high dps mages at that lvl. They are best for 6 star boss locking and literally that mostly helps with frozen 6 stars and thats about it besides ur occasional event boss. Warriors, rogues, rangers can outlock mages unless they get lucky crits.

When I asked this question I was around level 70-80. Now most of them would be much easier to defeat I'm sure, even the feared Chillmist, but didn't tried to kill any of them since I barely visit Stonevale nowadays. But last time when I was there accidentally bumped into Chillmist and his "super strong" spells can't even broke my Energy Shield. So with (or without) some restos I can able to solo most of them I think, except Falgren and the three Meteoric bosses.
Biggest issue with chillmist is not the dying factor its the fact that he has a shield himself and if u are solo that hurts ur chances of solo locking as his shield lasts quiteva few seconds where u do little to no damage. All it takes is some big clan to see it before u get a chance to hit and you wont win unless its a few low lvl with crap gear. Me personaly i have outlocked as many as 20 people on a 4 star and as many as 4 others on a 5 star but 6 stars are nearly impossible to outlock more than one person.