Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Guide: Quick Gold in Celtic Heroes ( without purchasing plat ) - for new players

#11
Advice on gold for new players I wish someone would have told me when I started:
- Determine what item you are interested in, and know the gold cost
- Refrain from purchasing ANYTHING else (you can easily spend all your gold on fash without even thinking about it)
- Stay away from the castle - If you goal is to farm gold (rather than buying/selling items for gold), you can't do that in the castle.
- When you get to ~75% of the total item cost, start looking around with somebody selling a "used" one
* If you don't find a used one and you get to 100% of the cost, go buy it from the vendor

Kind of like in life; set a goal, and make it happen.

Bonus tip - Sell your garbage drops at the skill vendor. Generally speaking (not 100% of them) trash drops have the highest sale price in this shop

You won't get gold by:
- Castle camping and begging folks for gold
- Spending all your gold as soon as you get it
- Dicing - it seems like a good way to get some quick gold, but the odds are in the favor of the host
- "Lending" items to other players

Re: Quick Gold in Celtic Heroes ( without purchasing plat ) - for new players

#12
Robbo5000 wrote:
Frozensoul wrote:
Curry30423 wrote:He was probably referring to the xp being faster

yeh, the xp is faster which means you're higher level and can take on higher mobs that give more gold. That is what I meant.

This makes zero sense.
You lix up to level 100 in, let's say 4 days, against someone who goes the long way and takes, say 3 weeks, being at maybe level 50 in 4 days. The player lixing will have earnt less gold at lvl 100 than the slow player at level 100, because they will have killed less mobs, by quite a considerable margin. Earning 4x as much xp from lix means killing 4x less amount of mobs to get to lvl 100, therefore earning 4x less amount of gold from killing the mobs. Also, in order to gain maximum benefit from the lix you cannot waste time questing, therefore you will lose out on all gold that can be earnt from quests. On top of this, the player lixing needs to spend gold in order to purchase the lix.
Yes after 4 days the player lixing will have more gold and the ability to earn more gold, but this is totally irrelevant. The gold needs at level 100 are a lot more than you need at level 50. In real terms the slow player is better off as he will have a much better ratio of actual gold against gold needed at their current level.
The rate at which you earn gold against time played is totally irrelevant. It's the rate against character level progression that matters when measuring a toons wealth.
As shown, lixing puts a serous dent in the amount of gold earnt against your level increase.

What I meant, again, is so that you can farm higher level mobs that give more gold, and better drops to sell for gold.

Also, no need to be so rude, I am just trying to help new players by giving some suggestions, so tune down your rudeness level a bit, really don't like people who have to find anything they can say to bring negativity to a post.
It is within you to succeed
My character Souleste was named after myself -
Image

- my middle name is Celeste, so Souleste seems fitting...
Ice all on me

Re: Quick Gold in Celtic Heroes ( without purchasing plat ) - for new players

#13
Frozensoul wrote:
Robbo5000 wrote:
Frozensoul wrote:yeh, the xp is faster which means you're higher level and can take on higher mobs that give more gold. That is what I meant.

This makes zero sense.
You lix up to level 100 in, let's say 4 days, against someone who goes the long way and takes, say 3 weeks, being at maybe level 50 in 4 days. The player lixing will have earnt less gold at lvl 100 than the slow player at level 100, because they will have killed less mobs, by quite a considerable margin. Earning 4x as much xp from lix means killing 4x less amount of mobs to get to lvl 100, therefore earning 4x less amount of gold from killing the mobs. Also, in order to gain maximum benefit from the lix you cannot waste time questing, therefore you will lose out on all gold that can be earnt from quests. On top of this, the player lixing needs to spend gold in order to purchase the lix.
Yes after 4 days the player lixing will have more gold and the ability to earn more gold, but this is totally irrelevant. The gold needs at level 100 are a lot more than you need at level 50. In real terms the slow player is better off as he will have a much better ratio of actual gold against gold needed at their current level.
The rate at which you earn gold against time played is totally irrelevant. It's the rate against character level progression that matters when measuring a toons wealth.
As shown, lixing puts a serous dent in the amount of gold earnt against your level increase.

What I meant, again, is so that you can farm higher level mobs that give more gold, and better drops to sell for gold.

Also, no need to be so rude, I am just trying to help new players by giving some suggestions, so tune down your rudeness level a bit, really don't like people who have to find anything they can say to bring negativity to a post.

There was zero rudeness in my post.
I was pointing out a clearly demonstrable fact that lixing is detrimental to the wealth of a toon.
The point of the post was trying to help players maximise their wealth.
Unfortunately lixing is not a good way to maximise wealth and I was pointing that out. I was showing that if you lix to 100, you will have far less gold than if you 'walk to level 100. Nothing negative about ensuring people have the correct facts.
clanless in a clan filled world
- and happy to be so

Re: Quick Gold in Celtic Heroes ( without purchasing plat ) - for new players

#14
Robbo5000 wrote:
Frozensoul wrote:
Robbo5000 wrote:This makes zero sense.
You lix up to level 100 in, let's say 4 days, against someone who goes the long way and takes, say 3 weeks, being at maybe level 50 in 4 days. The player lixing will have earnt less gold at lvl 100 than the slow player at level 100, because they will have killed less mobs, by quite a considerable margin. Earning 4x as much xp from lix means killing 4x less amount of mobs to get to lvl 100, therefore earning 4x less amount of gold from killing the mobs. Also, in order to gain maximum benefit from the lix you cannot waste time questing, therefore you will lose out on all gold that can be earnt from quests. On top of this, the player lixing needs to spend gold in order to purchase the lix.
Yes after 4 days the player lixing will have more gold and the ability to earn more gold, but this is totally irrelevant. The gold needs at level 100 are a lot more than you need at level 50. In real terms the slow player is better off as he will have a much better ratio of actual gold against gold needed at their current level.
The rate at which you earn gold against time played is totally irrelevant. It's the rate against character level progression that matters when measuring a toons wealth.
As shown, lixing puts a serous dent in the amount of gold earnt against your level increase.

What I meant, again, is so that you can farm higher level mobs that give more gold, and better drops to sell for gold.

Also, no need to be so rude, I am just trying to help new players by giving some suggestions, so tune down your rudeness level a bit, really don't like people who have to find anything they can say to bring negativity to a post.

There was zero rudeness in my post.
I was pointing out a clearly demonstrable fact that lixing is detrimental to the wealth of a toon.
The point of the post was trying to help players maximise their wealth.
Unfortunately lixing is not a good way to maximise wealth and I was pointing that out. I was showing that if you lix to 100, you will have far less gold than if you 'walk to level 100. Nothing negative about ensuring people have the correct facts.

Yes, but like I said, I pointed this out so that players would be able to farm at higher level enemies, that was the point.
It is within you to succeed
My character Souleste was named after myself -
Image

- my middle name is Celeste, so Souleste seems fitting...
Ice all on me

Re: Guide: Quick Gold in Celtic Heroes ( without purchasing plat ) - for new players

#16
How to make quick gold:
1. Save save save... Don't buy anything you don't NEED.
2. Sell anything you have that you don't need. Fashion, random junk, etc...
3. Buying/selling... Aka merching
4. Save some more

By far the most effective way to get gold. Can go from broke to rich in a matter of days if you are smart with your gold and know what your doing. All of the OP methods are great but aren't truly quick ways to get gold. I've done this many times when I was in need of gold and I've gone from 50k to over 1m in just a week or so
Level 210+ Warrior, Lugh

-You know a world transfer is legit when it is posted on the forums-

BOYMCLIR: AUTOPLAY HEROES, REVENGE OF BOB THE GOD

Re: Guide: Quick Gold in Celtic Heroes ( without purchasing plat ) - for new players

#17
GhostlyBlaze15 wrote:How to make quick gold:
1. Save save save... Don't buy anything you don't NEED.
2. Sell anything you have that you don't need. Fashion, random junk, etc...
3. Buying/selling... Aka merching
4. Save some more

By far the most effective way to get gold. Can go from broke to rich in a matter of days if you are smart with your gold and know what your doing. All of the OP methods are great but aren't truly quick ways to get gold. I've done this many times when I was in need of gold and I've gone from 50k to over 1m in just a week or so



Dicing is a way to lose money, but also a way to make money ( alot)

Re: Guide: Quick Gold in Celtic Heroes ( without purchasing plat ) - for new players

#18
Bake wrote:Advice on gold for new players I wish someone would have told me when I started:
- Determine what item you are interested in, and know the gold cost
- Refrain from purchasing ANYTHING else (you can easily spend all your gold on fash without even thinking about it)
- Stay away from the castle - If you goal is to farm gold (rather than buying/selling items for gold), you can't do that in the castle.
- When you get to ~75% of the total item cost, start looking around with somebody selling a "used" one
* If you don't find a used one and you get to 100% of the cost, go buy it from the vendor

Kind of like in life; set a goal, and make it happen.

Bonus tip - Sell your garbage drops at the skill vendor. Generally speaking (not 100% of them) trash drops have the highest sale price in this shop

You won't get gold by:
- Castle camping and begging folks for gold
- Spending all your gold as soon as you get it
- Dicing - it seems like a good way to get some quick gold, but the odds are in the favor of the host
- "Lending" items to other players


I alsays said, dicing is a way to get poor, but also a way to get incredibly rich.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests