Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Aeon Mystery Chest

I 100% agree with Joan. This will just lower the prices of Rare fashion that some collectors spent so much on. And why bother putting the 'Aeon' tag? Aeon White Lanrik top looks the same as regular White Lanrik top , as Joan stated. And again, why don't you fix the current problems instead of creating more ? Smh
Andrew
220+ Ranger
220+ Mage
215+ Druid
190 Lock Rogue

The Gordon Ramsay of Clan Wasted Potential on Rosmerta.

Still not a fan tbh. Guess we will see how it affects prices.

Seriously we do need some new fashion and mounts. I already played with the old fashion and mounts, I want something new that looks good.
Herne:
Wardon- 220 Warrior
Cryptic- 220 Rogue

Epona:
Yeeticus- 220 Ranger

People want better graphics? People complain about devices not being able to run Celtic Heroes. People want cross-platform? People complain about login and lag issues that came with update. People want a chance at fashion/mounts they couldn't get in earlier events? People complain about fashion/mounts going down in price. Just keep keep on keeping on OTM you're doing a great job and me and many others will continue to invest in your company.

Adding a tag to differentiate the new fashion from the original was literally one of the suggestions by both sides. Now that they implemented it, there is moanjng about the tag...
Setth, 215 Warrior. Resurgence of Arawn

Lmao right it's just a game it's not that deep :) lol y'all just put your phone down go outside and enjoy fresh air, and plz don't stress yourselfs out about virtual items lol

TRIGGERED v v
"IT TAKES OVER 30+ LVL 225 SKILLED PLAYERS TO DEFEAT ME GOOD LUCK" :)

Adding a tag to differentiate the new fashion from the original was literally one of the suggestions by both sides. Now that they implemented it, there is moanjng about the tag...
2 people suggested that. An aeon white fg top will go for just as much as a regular white fg top because they look identical.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

I 100% agree with Joan. This will just lower the prices of Rare fashion that some collectors spent so much on. And why bother putting the 'Aeon' tag? Aeon White Lanrik top looks the same as regular White Lanrik top , as Joan stated. And again, why don't you fix the current problems instead of creating more ? Smh
Lol
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Suck it up man.

People value fashion because of how it looks. Not because of the description.
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

I think adding the "Aeon" tag to the items is a great idea. Although they may look the same, this differentiates from the old, collectors edition and the new edition. Similiar to the way the Heroic Amulet of Rejuvenation was altered; the name I just used was that which was used prior to the update. Now it has a new name and a slight change- that being that you need to be a certain level to equip it. Even though there is an actual change in the stats of the gear, (personally) I feel it is not enough to make a difference. What makes me desire the Heroic Amulet over the new version is simply that; the name. Having ownership over one of the older versions is kind of like a tag that says "I played since the time that this was available." That's all collecting is, really. Having the rarest gear available.

As a collector, if OTM had decided to label red as the rarest color, the collectors of the game, naturally, would have spent the most gold to purchase the red gear. They wouldn't care that the color looked average, they would just want equipment that shows they have the most experience and the best collection. Thus, adding the Aeon tag shows the gear is a new version, one that is not as rare as an original piece, because the original pieces are no longer obtainable, no matter how you look at it. For me, that's all the reason I need to choose to collect anything other than an Aeon piece.

That being said, putting myself in the viewpoint of others, I understand completely how these chests can be upsetting. From this side of the arguement, these chests are seen as an insult to the original players. Those that have been loyal to the company for a long time feel attacked to see that the very things that show their experience is no longer proof of it. As a player since Beltane 2013, I would give anything of mine right now just to get a black or white sunlit fashion set. Why? Because those pieces were only available during that particular event, and as such would show that I have been playing since then. It differentiates the old from the new players. This may seem like a trivial matter, but for some, especially those that have been loyal to the game for a number of years now and have spent a significant amount of time and cash on the game, it is very important. Why should the new players be looked upon the same way that the old players are? The older players earned their place over the years. The new ones only just got here, and already they're somehow considered to be just as experienced as the old ones? It's a matter of fairness, honestly. Life isn't fair, and we just have to get over it, because it can't be helped. But when it can be helped, like in this game, it aggravates some to see that instead of keeping it fair (which, may I add, is kind of the point of the game- for example, PvP is designed to be fair, and for very obvious reasons), the developers are off-balancing the scales.

The newer players will earn their place as experienced players eventually, and their gear from the new events will eventually be considered old and rare. But they need to wait for that time to come, just like the older players had to. The game was created in 2011. There are still some players from 2011 left. I joined 2013. At that point, all I wanted was a broom- an older piece of gear. So I know how the new guys feel. But they've got to try and understand, as I came to realize, that they've also got to work their way there. Now its 2017, and I'm considered an experienced player. The only thing I could use to show as proof of my experience is old gear; there isn't any other way to prove it. So to throw the new guys old gear that they didn't have to earn like we did is kind of a slap in the face.

Just let them gather new gear and showboat it when it becomes considered old, like we had to, but release new gear in the updates at a more moderate pace, like you used to. That's what would be the best solution. You could even have the players submit their own art with update ideas if you needed to, and then modify those ideas to adapt to the game itself. That way they could get their gear on time and in a form of their own satisfaction (because if we're honest, stuff like that highlander fashion was kind of a let down. It was way too plain and basic and the update could have been three times better if just a few modifications had been made to the fashion). I, again personally, could care less, because OTM added the Aeon tag and because those chests contain a ton of gear all in one; so it would be difficult to use them to make a full set anyways, but I also stand from the same side of things as some of the older players and can see why they're upset. You could just offer it to Nuada, yes, but that would still defeat the purpose of originality for some. Not to mention, if OTM releases an update with server transferring on the future, like they planned to, then that Nuada gear may be carried over to the other servers.

Thus, my overall opinion would just be to let it go. Get rid of these chests and offer new events. Each update doesn't have to contain some major game improvement, but if we could just get consistent updates with new fashion and mounts alone, how it was before, while major updates were worked on at a slower pace in the background, I believe that would satisfy the needs of both sides. However, if it really is that large of a deal (as this entire topic suggests based on the controversial and continuous replies), then let the new players have their Aeon chests, just (to the old players in-game) don't purchase any of that Aeon gear unless it's at a large discount. That would be the fair price to pay for the original rarity. That's my opinion and solution, anyways. :geek:

Side note: Yes, when I used "you" I was referring to OTM at some points (and at some others I wasn't). I alternated between speaking directly to them and only mentioning them often just because it gets old to hear the same term repeated a ton in such a large post. Sorry if it confused anyone!

Aetheon - 100+ Rogue on Lir
KserRogue - 90+ Rogue on Epona
Hero of Dal Riata since Beltane 2013

"Failure to plan is planning to fail."

"If serving is beneath you, leadership is beyond you."