Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Dps skills

I was thinking of dropping bolas to use another dps skill since there are usually other rangers present at bosses with bolas.

So far I max double shot, sharp shot, steady aim, sharpen weapons, and bolas. Since I will be dropping bolas I'll be able to max another dps skill.

-There's long shot, but only works at range which is a problem at times
-There's barbed shot, but the cast time is a little long. Although I can imagine it's great with crits n all.
-Then there's explosive arrow, but this skill seems to be the worst of the 3 so I probably will pass on it.

Any advice and thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks in advance

*edit* I am a hybrid build with more points in dex than str
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Re: Dps skills

You forgot one other option, which is rapid shot.
When soloing without bolas, then long shot only becomes useful against other ranged mobs, or weak mobs that are killed quickly. When in groups though, it is still useful as you'll be able to stay within range.
I used to use barbed shot, but found the long cast time annoying, I then found a post suggesting that it is very marginal, the long term gain of the dot over the loss of auto attack damage during casting. In theory the gain should be good, but apparently someone done a quick and dirty study of average damage each tick and concluded it was marginal in reality.
The last option is rapid shot. In theory it looks like a good option, but the long cool down means that, when soloing, you'll probably only be able to use it on alternate mobs. Though if it's maxed, the buff might last long enough for 2 fights, so the 3rd fight might be without while the cool down finishes. I have used it as a place for spare points, so have about 15 in it currently. Soloing, I try and alternate easier and harder mobs, so that I use rapid shot for the harder mob, then kill an easier mob without it while the cool down finishes.
clanless in a clan filled world
- and happy to be so

I use longshot, double shot, sharpshot, steady and bolas. Reason I don't use sharpen is because there's usually rangers with higher sharpen than mine at raids and such so I don't find it necessary to use it when the skill won't work 90% of the time.-. I would recommend this because although many may have bolas it can miss a lot on raids like prot.
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

I have long shot on my ranger but I'm really questioning its effectiveness/benefit of using it.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

I used longshot for a while but i found it to be more of a hinderance than beneficial. The pinning effect will wipe mele dps when the boss is being walked, it avoids far too much and imo needs a damage boost. If otm removed pin and made it unavoidable then i would use it. Till then i would pass on it.

Skills that i use are sharpen steady sharpshot dbl shot bolas with spares in rapidshot. Like i said, longshot is not worth using imo and barbed shot casts way too slow and doesnt tic close to high enough for me to ever consider using it.
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

I used longshot for a while but i found it to be more of a hinderance than beneficial. The pinning effect will wipe mele dps when the boss is being walked, it avoids far too much and imo needs a damage boost. If otm removed pin and made it unavoidable then i would use it. Till then i would pass on it.

Skills that i use are sharpen steady sharpshot dbl shot bolas with spares in rapidshot. Like i said, longshot is not worth using imo and barbed shot casts way too slow and doesnt tic close to high enough for me to ever consider using it.
I love longshot personally.-. At raids it's not only fun to troll melee dps at prot if it rages but it's a good skill in general. I personally only cast that along with double when I have edl wrath on. Double will hit anywhere between 2.5 to 3.5k and longshot will hit anywhere from 2 to 3k. It's a good skill overall, but if ur not really into trolling melee dps and pissing off tanks then i guess it's not a good skill for u._.
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

I tested both long shot and barbed shot at max and this is what I have to say of the two:

-Barbed shot is a terrible skill unfortunately. Cast time is too long, and the dmg per tic is minimal. Only thing I liked was the initial dmg or when I would crit

-Longshot is a great dps skill as it does heavy dmg, but the pin down effect is troublesome for melee classes and it only works at range which is kind of bs imo

Probably will use longshot as the dps is better and my clan has gear that can boost longshot
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge