Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Energy Harvest: Is it really THAT BAD?

I'm a total noob when it comes to playing a Druid, my question about harvest is this. Can it sap a mobs energy to 0 so they can't cast skills?
One problem with Energy Harvest is it only works on mobs that cast spells (and, therefore, have energy): luckily most mobs after level 90 do so! However before then...
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

Now I know that it's a very small number of druids that appreciate obscure skills like Harvest, but like an incredibly strong wine, I've found it to be an aquired taste. Now don't get me wrong, if you're a support Druid, this skill is useless to you. Rely on your sigils and enjoy your paint-by-numbers gameplay. But if you're a balls-out DPS Druid like myself, it's got a heck of a lot more to offer than you might think.

I, like many of you, struggle to maintain energy. And maintaining energy is even more difficult when you're constantly using swarm, vines, strike, storm, and the occasional heal. Even at around 11k energy, I still only have a few short minutes of energy to last me. I won't lie to you and say that Harvest is the answer to all your prayers, because on its face it probably won't be enough, but if you have the points to max it, it'll add right around 1000 energy a pop, and when used with a rabbit and lix, you can easily find yourself carrying out some hardcore damage for 7-10 minutes.

But assuming '1000' isn't a number that impresses you, think about it this way; if that goes off even five times in the course of one boss fight, that's an extra 5000 energy to use however you'd like. And if you only care about training, that's far more energy over the course of fifteen minutes!

So, tell me your thoughts, let me know if I change any minds!
Just use e boost and be a v1 druid
Hi

Energy Harvest could easily be more useful, while not overpowered, if mobs actually had normal amounts of energy instead of infinite
I can see two ways Energy Harvest and mob energies can be changed, to improve the skill:

1. Mobs have "infinite" energy, and harvest is powerful enough to supply a Druid's energy costs (net 2000+ energy at 45)

2. Mobs have finite energy, and harvest is powerful enough to easily drain that energy after 1-2 casts. Mixed with wind, this should be an effective leveling build.

Either route should work... currently, we have:

Mobs have "infinite" energy, and harvest is not powerful enough to drain that energy nor supply a Druid's energy costs.
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

For lvling its useful. My friend used a godly E harvest mord brace + ring that has vines and harvest for lvling (Also godly I think) while lvling, he didnt use pots at all.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex