Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Auction House

People have asked for this auction house for a long time, but it has done nothing but abused the economy, created even more alts for scamming, and driven the prices sky high, it takes one person to set the tone for an item price and everyone follows suit, I mean seriously wisdoms are 5k? It's nice to set something up for sale and wait till someone buys it, but I honestly believe it's been one of the worst things to be implemented into the game, I'd rather watch people shout all day to sell something.

Re: Auction House

I've also noticed that item prices are ridiculously high on my server as well. Whether this is because of the implimentation of the auction house or due to other factors such as a lack of plat circulation I don't know. I have definitely noticed it though (wisdoms at 5k is pretty extreme tho!!) :lol:

People have asked for this auction house for a long time, but it has done nothing but abused the economy, created even more alts for scamming, and driven the prices sky high, it takes one person to set the tone for an item price and everyone follows suit, I mean seriously wisdoms are 5k? It's nice to set something up for sale and wait till someone buys it, but I honestly believe it's been one of the worst things to be implemented into the game, I'd rather watch people shout all day to sell something.
The AH is great. It boosted the buy and sell aspect of the game. I haven't bought items in the last 5 years as much as I have in the last 3 months. I know some people like to camp the castle for people hawking their wares on the shout channel. But I bet majority don't. My time is best spent somewhere else, doing something else.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

I'm pretty sure the insane prices are due to lack of plat going around. Back when everyone bought chests, plat items were all over the place, now people don't really sell plat items...the majority of those who buy plat, use it for themselves.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

I called this along time ago in a past discussion about AH before it became a reality. It was blatantly obvious that the prices were going to become inflated and the AH would basically become a rich persons trading network.

But people demanded it over and over and over. Hope it was worth it.

Maybe an option to request and item? Say i want 5 super knows for 25k i could request that, 25k would be taken away from me and then someone could come along and fill my request and claim the money somewhat like the runscape 'grandexchange'

I don't think the auction house makes the prices go up... I actually saw some stuff going for less than they normally go for. Ofcourse some prices go up because some people are willing to pay more and there are more people looking in the auction house than on the application you normally use. So more buyers and probably less sellers, but still its a good addition to the game.
Peuleschiltje - level 226 rogue - Chieftain of InnerCircle Rhiannon

I don't think the auction house makes the prices go up... I actually saw some stuff going for less than they normally go for. Ofcourse some prices go up because some people are willing to pay more and there are more people looking in the auction house than on the application you normally use. So more buyers and probably less sellers, but still its a good addition to the game.

Because your one of the people running up prices lol

Because your one of the people running up prices lol
To be honest - I never bought something from the auction house or sold anything. I don't think anyone in Rhiannon saw peuleschiltje or one of my alts selling anything or buying anything. Beside this I find the prices way to high in Rhiannon to buy anything and I don't need to buy anything at the moment.

I just check if they sell raid loot in the auction house and if its the case I try to find out who selling it, thats all were I use auction house for.
Peuleschiltje - level 226 rogue - Chieftain of InnerCircle Rhiannon

Depends on the server. Fingal for most items specially plat items are cheap to reasonable. However, balor tends to be very pricey. But balor has always been that way. So the servers that were more expensive tended to stay more expensive than the servers that were cheaper.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue