Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Revival Chests - A Veteran Players Unpopular Opinion

The recent addition (and now removal) of Revival Chests has players incredibly frustrated. As an old player myself, I am not actually all that mad. Let me tell you why.

First off, OneThumbMobile (Celtic Heroes) is a business. This means that they need money in order to run, and are motivated by money. Now, before you go saying OTM just wanted to make a quick buck, which they did, realize this is what every business does.

Put it this way. Imagine OTM is running out of money and will close down if they don't have enough. Would you rather these chests be added, or the game to be shut down. OneThumbMobile needs a way to generate money. I can't speak for other serves, but on Gwydion, the platinum sales were basically dead before these chests. When the new chests came, nearly everyone in my clan was dropping hundreds to open these. People were genuinely excited.

On the argument that OTM said the items would be "limited", I tell you they still are. These chests won't be around forever, they're already gone in fact. Your limited items are still limited.

Long story short, OTM is a business that needs money, like any other business. They make decisions based on one underlying goal, that being money. With that in mind, they definitely made the right decision with these chests, because at least in Gwydion, they made a ton of money!
World: Gwydion

Wiffle- LVL 152+ -Rogue

Started playing on May 3rd, 2012.

Re: Revival Chests - A Veteran Players Unpopular Opinion

The recent addition (and now removal) of Revival Chests has players incredibly frustrated. As an old player myself, I am not actually all that mad. Let me tell you why.

First off, OneThumbMobile (Celtic Heroes) is a business. This means that they need money in order to run, and are motivated by money. Now, before you go saying OTM just wanted to make a quick buck, which they did, realize this is what every business does.

Put it this way. Imagine OTM is running out of money and will close down if they don't have enough. Would you rather these chests be added, or the game to be shut down. OneThumbMobile needs a way to generate money. I can't speak for other serves, but on Gwydion, the platinum sales were basically dead before these chests. When the new chests came, nearly everyone in my clan was dropping hundreds to open these. People were genuinely excited.

On the argument that OTM said the items would be "limited", I tell you they still are. These chests won't be around forever, they're already gone in fact. Your limited items are still limited.

Long story short, OTM is a business that needs money, like any other business. They make decisions based on one underlying goal, that being money. With that in mind, they definitely made the right decision with these chests, because at least in Gwydion, they made a ton of money!
Plat sales would go up if the made some new designs. Not just use old ones. People wanted mounts and new fashion in chests if they did this I bet they would go back to being good. Didn't need to tarnish the rareity of over 6 years of fashion
“In 900 years of time and space, I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important”
— The Doctor, Season 6, Christmas Special

Gwydion
Rogue: FlameBlade21- 223+
Ranger: Ethain- 215+
Mage: Stump 211+

Epona
Rogue: Caliber 217+

Removing the chests was a bad idea and OTM shouldn't cave in to their greedy hoardish players this game is for everyone including the ones that haven't played it yet.

And this transcends to quest drops as well such as DL and raid drops. This is how all the dominant people are they just want it all for themselves. And if they don't get it their way they CRY. This entitlement needs to end. Who's game is it? The crybabies game or OTM's game?
222.9 rogue
188 rogue
193 rogue
Dozen other rogues 100-180
163 Druid
176 Druid
176 ranger
180 warrior
180 mage
178 mage
191 rogue(newest)
Dozens of other lvl 5-120 toons
Pro multiboxer
Retired from competitive servers after rarely losin. Learn2play

Removing the chests was a bad idea and OTM shouldn't cave in to their greedy hoardish players this game is for everyone including the ones that haven't played it yet.

And this transcends to quest drops as well such as DL and raid drops. This is how all the dominant people are they just want it all for themselves. And if they don't get it their way they CRY. This entitlement needs to end. Who's game is it? The crybabies game or OTM's game?
But but but... they are Otms most "loyal customers" and will quit if they don't get their way lol
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Plat sales would go up if the made some new designs. Not just use old ones. People wanted mounts and new fashion in chests if they did this I bet they would go back to being good. Didn't need to tarnish the rareity of over 6 years of fashion
+1

What people dont get is OTM can still make a lot of money by releasing new mounts and fash, revival chests with legacy items werent needed.
Morrigan ~ Avalon ~ DG Void Ranger ~ Retired
Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I can assure you, its much more than that.

But but but... they are Otms most "loyal customers" and will quit if they don't get their way lol
I got some French cries and Whinekiens for them
222.9 rogue
188 rogue
193 rogue
Dozen other rogues 100-180
163 Druid
176 Druid
176 ranger
180 warrior
180 mage
178 mage
191 rogue(newest)