Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Why adding a public hive to the mail system would ruin the CH economy.

I have heard this spring around a lot lately and even read many say how the ability to mail your items to other servers would be so much better. A lot of you could probably have figured this out if you really thought about it, but this would destroy the economy and the value of many items would either plummet, or even worse, inflate. How? Well look at it this way. Say OTM adds this feature, everyone is happy they don't need to worry about getting scammed out of world transferring, they are gearing their toons on the other worlds like Mabon and Sulis. Now listen up. Let's take a rare for example, an Avalanche Sled. Not the rarest mount, but its's up there. Say there are 15 Avalanche Sleds on Rosmerta, but only 12 on Rhiannon. The price of the sleds in Rhiannon are higher than the price of them on Rosmerta. Somebody quickly realizes this and goes to Rosmerta with loads of money to buy some sleds and make some profit. Let's say he buys 6 Avalanche Sleds. Now there are 9 on Rosmerta and 18 on Rhiannon. The price of an Avalanche sled slightly lowers in Rhiannon, as this gentlemen decides to sell his 6 for a tad less than the normal price. This guy now tells his buddy of this new tactic. His buddy now goes and buys many Avalanche Sleds on Rosmerta. Say there are now 3 left on Rosmerta, but nobody knows this exactly. That's the point when the value on Rosmerta rises, and Rhiannon increases, because now there are 0 left on Rosmerta and 27 on Rhiannon. They're pretty common on Rhiannon, you see them normally as you would an elder staff, so now the price on Rhiannon drops as players keep exchanging them for lower and lower prices. Now picture the situation with the Avalanche Sled, with EVERY RARE, LUX, FASHION, ETC. It's a lot to take in, but if we look at it like real life, it's easy to understand. I know my examples are pretty stupid and many of you probably already knew how the situation would play out, but I'm just trying to reach out to those who keep complaining about why they cannot mail items to other worlds. The only real way to make this work is by adding a global economy and market. Basically pulling a RuneScape and adding a Grand Exchange.

That's a lot of Avalanche Sleds. 8-)

Re: Why adding a public hive to the mail system would ruin the CH economy.

I have heard this spring around a lot lately and even read many say how the ability to mail your items to other servers would be so much better. A lot of you could probably have figured this out if you really thought about it, but this would destroy the economy and the value of many items would either plummet, or even worse, inflate. How? Well look at it this way. Say OTM adds this feature, everyone is happy they don't need to worry about getting scammed out of world transferring, they are gearing their toons on the other worlds like Mabon and Sulis. Now listen up. Let's take a rare for example, an Avalanche Sled. Not the rarest mount, but its's up there. Say there are 15 Avalanche Sleds on Rosmerta, but only 12 on Rhiannon. The price of the sleds in Rhiannon are higher than the price of them on Rosmerta. Somebody quickly realizes this and goes to Rosmerta with loads of money to buy some sleds and make some profit. Let's say he buys 6 Avalanche Sleds. Now there are 9 on Rosmerta and 18 on Rhiannon. The price of an Avalanche sled slightly lowers in Rhiannon, as this gentlemen decides to sell his 6 for a tad less than the normal price. This guy now tells his buddy of this new tactic. His buddy now goes and buys many Avalanche Sleds on Rosmerta. Say there are now 3 left on Rosmerta, but nobody knows this exactly. That's the point when the value on Rosmerta rises, and Rhiannon increases, because now there are 0 left on Rosmerta and 27 on Rhiannon. They're pretty common on Rhiannon, you see them normally as you would an elder staff, so now the price on Rhiannon drops as players keep exchanging them for lower and lower prices. Now picture the situation with the Avalanche Sled, with EVERY RARE, LUX, FASHION, ETC. It's a lot to take in, but if we look at it like real life, it's easy to understand. I know my examples are pretty stupid and many of you probably already knew how the situation would play out, but I'm just trying to reach out to those who keep complaining about why they cannot mail items to other worlds. The only real way to make this work is by adding a global economy and market. Basically pulling a RuneScape and adding a Grand Exchange.

I don't really think the game needs a way to transfer items to other servers, I agree it would ruin the economies. Toons with only NO TRADE gear and items are different story however but still a territory I have mixed feelings about. The auction houses realeased in the Under the Hammer update was a great step for otm to take and a grand exchange is unnecessary. I think the next step we should be looking forward to is connecting the android and apple severs to be played on either device.
MAIN: SangsDruid 220+ | ALT: Manifestus 220+ | ALT: Sang3000 223+
CLASS: Druid | Warrior | Rogue
WORLD: Arawn | Sulis | Sulis

I don't really think the game needs a way to transfer items to other servers, I agree it would ruin the economies. Toons with only NO TRADE gear and items are different story however but still a territory I have mixed feelings about. The auction houses realeased in the Under the Hammer update was a great step for otm to take and a grand exchange is unnecessary. I think the next step we should be looking forward to is connecting the android and apple severs to be played on either device.
Oooh that would be fun, could quad log with my sh**y android ereader tablet that idk why I have .-.
would prob be laggier than my iph4...

But ya this is an old as hell topic that went into great discussion back when OTM didn't clarify if AH would be server specific. Consensus from Muldar and most players was that it would kill the game.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

It's a very complicated topic to discuss about. Rare items don't run the economy, plat items do, and pretty much every server has the same set prices on plat items; 20k per chest, 8k per combo, 4-5k per exp, etc... So in that sense the economy would be stable. Raid items wouldn't cause any problems either because raid items are constantly flowing into the game, same goes for quest items. Rare items would vary because there is no set price on rare items and it all depends on the seller. The server to server trade system would change the X number of "insert name of rare" in the server to X number of "insert name of rare" in the game, thus creating a global economy. It's kinda hard to explain and sorry if you don't understand it quite that well. So pretty much the economies would remain in tact and there shouldn't be any inflation or depression in the economies.

The real problem would be the amount of people migrating from server to server because a server could quickly become a ghost town if everyone decides to move their stuff to a different server. It might not be that bad on Android as there are only 4 servers but on IOS it could lead to disaster for a couple servers.

There are 2 ways to prevent this from happening:

First way is to merge together the least populated servers into 1 or 2 new servers, but this would obviously be extremely difficult because of the amount of accounts on each server.

The second way is to make it so that you can only move gold to the server of your choice, however, you will be taxed if you decide to move gold and that amount taken off the amount of gold you're moving would work the same way the auction house works; the less gold you move, the less you'll be taxed and the more gold you move, the more you will be taxed. There would be no way easy way to cheat the system because if you decide to move small amounts at a time thinking you won't be taxed as much as you would when moving large amounts, well you'd be wrong because that small amount of gold taken each time you move small amounts would eventually add up to the same amount of gold taken when moving all of your gold at once. This would definitely help regulate the amount of people moving from server to server.
Level 210+ Warrior, Lugh

-You know a world transfer is legit when it is posted on the forums-
BOYMCLIR: AUTOPLAY HEROES, REVENGE OF BOB THE GOD

It's a very complicated topic to discuss about. Rare items don't run the economy, plat items do, and pretty much every server has the same set prices on plat items; 20k per chest, 8k per combo, 4-5k per exp, etc... So in that sense the economy would be stable. Raid items wouldn't cause any problems either because raid items are constantly flowing into the game, same goes for quest items. Rare items would vary because there is no set price on rare items and it all depends on the seller. The server to server trade system would change the X number of "insert name of rare" in the server to X number of "insert name of rare" in the game, thus creating a global economy. It's kinda hard to explain and sorry if you don't understand it quite that well. So pretty much the economies would remain in tact and there shouldn't be any inflation or depression in the economies.

The real problem would be the amount of people migrating from server to server because a server could quickly become a ghost town if everyone decides to move their stuff to a different server. It might not be that bad on Android as there are only 4 servers but on IOS it could lead to disaster for a couple servers.

There are 2 ways to prevent this from happening:

First way is to merge together the least populated servers into 1 or 2 new servers, but this would obviously be extremely difficult because of the amount of accounts on each server.

The second way is to make it so that you can only move gold to the server of your choice, however, you will be taxed if you decide to move gold and that amount taken off the amount of gold you're moving would work the same way the auction house works; the less gold you move, the less you'll be taxed and the more gold you move, the more you will be taxed. There would be no way easy way to cheat the system because if you decide to move small amounts at a time thinking you won't be taxed as much as you would when moving large amounts, well you'd be wrong because that small amount of gold taken each time you move small amounts would eventually add up to the same amount of gold taken when moving all of your gold at once. This would definitely help regulate the amount of people moving from server to server.

mhm

For anyone that wants further reading on this discussion go back to this thread:
http://celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89304
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

All of the above is just a rehash of what have been said before.
i havent seen anything that convinces me that server transfers of any kind is beneficial to the game or to OTM.
OTM keeps saying it will be a feature soon but I really wouldnt bet on it.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

I support cross server mail... as long as it's only text, items not listed as "important", and gold.
The important label needs to be removed from all things that are available in normal shop, such as ancient armor.
This way I can get a decent start on a different server, but not a GREAT one. Server economies would stay the same because only relatively widely available items would be transferable, alongside gold, and it allows you to message people on other servers. Imo there should be a tax though, such as costing twice the stamps or even charging 10 plat for the ability to permanently mail between servers.
Wafflez.
(|%}^=