Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Mage vs Rogue dps

Ty for all your advice... may I ask what advantage fire mages have over ice mages for dps? And for Rogue is dex build the best way to go?
Fire mages have faster cooldown on skills..... Different rogue build work out on different people... Totally depends on what kind of rogue you want and what gear you have

Ty for all your advice... may I ask what advantage fire mages have over ice mages for dps? And for Rogue is dex build the best way to go?
It's the damage per hit/hits per minute ratio that makes fire mages better. Also firebolt is insta cast, -!: the build leaves spots open for a lure or two.
For rogue I personally prefer going strength build until about level 120 when you enter carrow. At that point go dex.
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

For rogue I personally prefer going strength build until about level 120 when you enter carrow. At that point go dex.
Pardon my ignorance, but why is that? My rogue is ~121 so I am intrigued by this - just interested in the reasons behind it.

Many thanks.

Rogue is best dps class in game, fire mages have higher dps than Ice mages
Rangers are the best dps class in the game.
I don't thinks so, rogues lvl waaay faster bc there higher dps. Rangers get kills on proteus and gele bc rogues need alot of health for it and rangers can just range. Rogue will get all kills if they dont need to invest in health and go full out dps. Too bzd this sint atm at eg. Ofc some warriors/mages get kills also on certain bosses but mostly rogues. Just not on proteus and gele

Fire and ice skills used to be closer in dps, the slower bigger hits were ice, faster smaller hits fire. But when the cast time was removed from firebolt to make it instant (sort of anyhow) the balance tipped to fire mages for dps. Practically at end game however, ice is better because of the 205,210 edl bosses, the few % dps gain from fire isn't more than the lower ice resist.

For leveling fire can be significantly better than ice for the same gear (depending on mobs ofc).
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Pardon my ignorance, but why is that? My rogue is ~121 so I am intrigued by this - just interested in the reasons behind it.

Many thanks.
It's likely because higher dex means you evade more autos. At low levels autos from mobs aren't too bad, esp with good armor/gear. The higher you go the worse it gets and solo dex builds get to be much more appealing.

I prefer a str build at end game as I find quick strike, sneaky and riposte (mostly for adds) to be better dps, double strike is also good on bosses where autos miss often (even at lvl1 IMO). Your autos are much better as well, you should have plenty of attack from gear. Shadowstrike is the only good dps dex skill and poison weapon isn't good unless you are in a large group and continually buff a large number (5-6+) of people.
220+ toons

Toon histogram:

I don't thinks so, rogues lvl waaay faster bc there higher dps. Rangers get kills on proteus and gele bc rogues need alot of health for it and rangers can just range. Rogue will get all kills if they dont need to invest in health and go full out dps. Too bzd this sint atm at eg. Ofc some warriors/mages get kills also on certain bosses but mostly rogues. Just not on proteus and gele
It's all gear dependent. Rangers can have way higher dmg out put than rogues or visa versa. If you're basing best dps on leveling speed then rogue, mage, and warrior have the same dps as those 3 classes can level at the same speed.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

U act as if rangers don't need hp for prot or gele
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

U act as if rangers don't need hp for prot or gele
While it helps you don't need any points in vit or any gear with vit for either. You can stand back on proteus and be fine unless the adds run wild or you need to step in and bola at the wrong moment. on gele you only need enough to survive the aoe, or with a Druid and fire ward the base health may be enough. The only thing that will get you is the damage cloak on the xtals or if an add gets loose.

Personally I chose gear that adds some health because with the gear I have I can get a big improvement in health for a small loss of dps. If I want full dps I don't need to alt as I don't add points in vit.
220+ toons

Toon histogram:

Really depends on gear as well, my ice make is geared very well, I beat most level 230s and I'm level 192 right now, so yeh... there is one dude I can't beat because of his darn shield bash, ugh.
It is within you to succeed
My character Souleste was named after myself -

- my middle name is Celeste, so Souleste seems fitting...
Ice all on me