Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: To the player base.

in your example you talk about parents being mad the child didn't do better. While it may not be the best analogy. I get where your coming from. That being said you need to take in account we know otm cares and we know then can do better, and make a better product. They have shown they can and shown they are willing to listen.
But if we as players don't give feedback in one form or another nothing will get changed. most of the really negative posts come after a big issue arises i.e. Server issues lately. Every beta new update brings it out but imo not out of spite or hate just a lot of passion. Passion for a game many ppl play for various reasons, but where most if not all of us have formed friendships inside and outside the game. Emotion can run hot or cold depending on the current circumstances irl or in game.
The forums are where we can vent, rant whatever and know our ideas feeling will be seen by otm members. with the forums you see what people are willing to take the time to write out. Time for everyone is precious and just knowing someone takes the time to provide feedback positive or negative should be an indicator to otm. That we care enough or are passionate enough to voice our opinions.
You're completely right.
However my point stands for other issues. Especially that post where a player asked if he should return after 2 years. Most of the people were telling him to not play. What kind of a community is that? It pissed me off.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. If people want to give feedback in a negative manner so be it. Otm are grown adults and as developers they should be able to take in that criticism(and they do). Without the constant negativity it'd be impossible to see the real issues that lie within the game.

But I salute otm for making all these amazing changes based off of our feedback. I personally really like how otm are taking these issues. For once in years we're really seeing a push from otm to implement player feedback.
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

"Especially that post where a player asked if he should return after 2 years. Most of the people were telling him to not play. What kind of a community is that? It pissed me off."
That to be honest bummed us out a bit too. With all the calls of "the game is dying" "No players" etc it helps no one to push away new or returning players.
Part of the reason I love the forums so much is introducing new players to our internet community, I don't want to see people pushed away.
We appreciate your honesty but please do try to help in fostering the community.

To just give my own two cents, while Curry is correct in "We are adults we can take it" we do prefer it when feedback is presented in a respectful matter.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and we appreciate the feedback we receive from the community but when we open a thread that, true may have some valid criticism but starts with expletives and the usual OTM bashing it does sort of sour the post. We would rather that feedback than no feedback but when the post is almost vengeful towards the team it really benefits no one.

The feedback posts we appreciate the most are just the "Here's my feedback from playing" "Here is my proposed change" "Here is my argument for this change"
Understandable you may want it implemented asap but unfortunately we are a company with deadlines and schedules, we try to accommodate where we can.

The team and myself read all of your feedback and discuss it daily but wading through offense to find good feedback just makes everything a bit harder.
We understand, it is the internet, you are passionate but please do try to format feedback without trying to take a swing at either other players or the team.

It happens now and again and we get through it but well worded concise posts are greatly appreciated.

We want the forums to be a welcoming community, rather than it turning into a clique.

"Especially that post where a player asked if he should return after 2 years. Most of the people were telling him to not play. What kind of a community is that? It pissed me off."
That to be honest bummed us out a bit too. With all the calls of "the game is dying" "No players" etc it helps no one to push away new or returning players.
Part of the reason I love the forums so much is introducing new players to our internet community, I don't want to see people pushed away.
We appreciate your honesty but please do try to help in fostering the community.

To just give my own two cents, while Curry is correct in "We are adults we can take it" we do prefer it when feedback is presented in a respectful matter.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and we appreciate the feedback we receive from the community but when we open a thread that, true may have some valid criticism but starts with expletives and the usual OTM bashing it does sort of sour the post. We would rather that feedback than no feedback but when the post is almost vengeful towards the team it really benefits no one.

The feedback posts we appreciate the most are just the "Here's my feedback from playing" "Here is my proposed change" "Here is my argument for this change"
Understandable you may want it implemented asap but unfortunately we are a company with deadlines and schedules, we try to accommodate where we can.

The team and myself read all of your feedback and discuss it daily but wading through offense to find good feedback just makes everything a bit harder.
We understand, it is the internet, you are passionate but please do try to format feedback without trying to take a swing at either other players or the team.

It happens now and again and we get through it but well worded concise posts are greatly appreciated.

We want the forums to be a welcoming community, rather than it turning into a clique.
No offence, but the op in that thread asked some questions and they were answered honestly. The op in that thread considered ch as pay2win years ago, and it certainly has became worse.

There is plenty of feedback the whole community has agreed on (like gele/prot drop rate increase and their drops) and it was pretty much neglected.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

No offence, but the op in that thread asked some questions and they were answered honestly. The op in that thread considered ch as pay2win years ago, and it certainly has became worse.
As I said previously
There is plenty of feedback the whole community has agreed on (like gele/prot drop rate increase and their drops) and it was pretty much neglected.
The feedback has not been neglected I myself have replied:
http://celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewtopi ... 30#p697561
http://celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewtopi ... 40#p697607

Honestly Muldar, I'm a player since 2011. I haven't told anyone I know that they should try this game since 2012. It's kind of a problem when your player base honestly can't recommend the game to other people.

I understand what you're saying about the bashing threads, but even the well thought out, constructive posts get ignored.
“Brevity is the soul of wit.”

Honestly Muldar, I'm a player since 2011. I haven't told anyone I know that they should try this game since 2012. It's kind of a problem when your player base honestly can't recommend the game to other people.

I understand what you're saying about the bashing threads, but even the well thought out, constructive posts get ignored.
While you personally may not recommend it I think the sweeping brush statement of "your player base honestly can't recommend the game to other people." would be somewhat false.
We know the game is publicized a lot from word of mouth and friends playing together, true some people may not but many do.

Is there anything specifically you would say that prevents you personally from not recommending it? Are you an active player? iOS or Android? Wait you are iOS we've met in beta, I remember all.

No posts are ignored, we really do read every post, myself especially. But not all feedback can be implemented, some aspects are by design and we do work to a busy schedule.
I do try to answer any questions players may have, sometimes though that answer may not be accepted which is fine.

While you personally may not recommend it I think the sweeping brush statement of "your player base honestly can't recommend the game to other people." would be somewhat false.
We know the game is publicized a lot from word of mouth and friends playing together, true some people may not but many do.

Is there anything specifically you would say that prevents you personally from not recommending it? Are you an active player? iOS or Android? Wait you are iOS we've met in beta, I remember all.

No posts are ignored, we really do read every post, myself especially. But not all feedback can be implemented, some aspects are by design and we do work to a busy schedule.
I do try to answer any questions players may have, sometimes though that answer may not be accepted which is fine.
Kind of hard to say. It's a certain kind of customers service. Yes otm implements feedback, but always with some kind of twist.

I wouldn't recommend this game to a new player anymore if they had start from scratch due to the time it takes to hit end game vs what to do at end game. Except for bossing and bounties there is not much to do. So not much purpose for anyone to hit end-game. Like I said before, currently it's the players in Lugh that keep me here, not the 'spectacular' abundance of content. Sorry if this may sound offensive.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]