Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Edl/Dl Spite

A lower skill cannot overwrite a higher level skill. That's how it is with incinerate, frostbite, vines, bees, shatter, etc. etc.
Think of DL spite as level 1, and Eldritch Spite as level 2. It's only logical.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

As it stands the rogue offhand skill is the worst out of all 3. Its behind mage offhand skill in the realistic scenario. Please don't pull the numbers 1v1 coz it doesn't exist anymore on raids. On an average 4-5rondels are usually there in most raids. 7-8 in major raids. There is very well a chance of doing 0 total spite dmg for a rogue, not to mention lapping of the Spite over n over and affects boss dps because the tic gets pushed back.
Rogue offhand does divine damage every hit, does it not? That alone is much more than the crap mage offhand skill.
I'm talking about the skill. Sure does dmg per auto, but so does mage offhand if it is autoed. It's just the autos are broken for casters, which is another broken aspect that needs a look. Also caster offhands has focus add to make up for the pierce dmg of rogue/ranger offhand. 5 runes aren't farmed to get just +100 auto dmg to my attacks. Its even worse for dl rondel which is only for the auto dmg rn, for 8 crowns.

Regardless of what anyone says its either a broken skill as game progresses or the system of DoT is broken. A fix to either whichever is simpler is due.
Adrohan - 226 Rogue, Fingal
Get kills or die trying!
First Mordris n Necro kill on Android, nuff said
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=Adrohan

You realize that 50 focus adds like 5 dmg per skill on bosses right? I'm not sure how you can so certainly say that rogue offhand is worse than mage. But I guess the only comparison people make nowadays is ranger vs mage, because mage is so far out of the picture anyways.

Might as well keep mage as the worst class in the game because everyone complains about how their other classes suck more often. My main strengths are crystals (omg fun!!), ring bosses (whose drops I can't use, and never spawn 6* anyways), event bosses (which don't drop anything good and no longer spawn regularly) and luring (if there's another lure mage present I'm useless). Otherwise, being the best mage on my world by far, I could probably lose most raid kills to an afk alt melee toon with no raid gear.

I'm not sure why warriors and rogues complain so much when mages clearly need fixing more. And pls no comments from farcrag campers complaining that an icemage beat them in pvp either. Nobody cares about pvp.
Level 220 mage- InnerCircle of Rhiannon
Necro, proteus, unox kills :D
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=runvs

mages clearly need fixing more.
All of the classes in game have severe issues, be it skills or gear or loot.
It all needs to be fixed. Its not something where one class is more broken than another.
PM me and I will do my best to help you with whatever you need.

As I said, again, the rogue offhand SKILL is worse compared to mage offhand SKILL once the game progresses more n more. More edl rondels means individually one rondels skill dmg is diminished more n more till it becomes 0-indeterminate on a boss. 50 pierce gives more 516 dmg, @1500 str I run, which is after resists hits like 40-60 per, @ max lures. Clans we are in, urs and mine will all eventually have every endgame rogue having the edl rondel. At that point, which isn't far imo, (have 6/7 E rondels in my server rn I believe) every rogues spite is cruelly gimped, making even a DL mage book's skill do more dps. This is the inevitable future I want to change, not boost us in any way, just getting what's only fair coming from a dps class. The offhand as it is better than the book, I never said it wasn't, because of us being an auto class n urs being a skill exclusive class. OTM added divine to ur autos instead of skills that's the flaw.

Also, I don't believe mages are broken on raids honestly. The class isn't broken, the insane resists on bosses are imo. A great ice mage no class will ever beat on rev/crag 6 besides another ice mage, despite it being slightly weak to pierce and all the divine components in autos on rogues/rangers. This just shows the resists are the single most limiting factor in making a mage what it is atm on raids, not their class. Aggy is another example. The resists being so large the boosts need to given would be so great that it would simply make the class too OP. Best is to lower the resists on bosses/add divine something to ur skills.

Also, I just saw in ur sig a necro kill.. Was that on ur mage or warrior?
Get kills or die trying!

Mage. One necro, 2 prot base, no mord kills out of prob 100 attempts timing every skill perfectly with 3 godly cooldown reduction items and spamming e pots to avoid waiting a few extra secs for my 6k sigs to tick. Meanwhile my level 190 rogue and 200 warrior combined for 5 kills out of 7 attempts on mord while in lock group. Btw, the examples you brought up were 205/210 and aggy. Compare those to: mord, necro, prot, 215, gelebron. Also, ice mage is much lower dps than fire. Meaning you further handicap yourself on the important raid bosses
Level 220 mage- InnerCircle of Rhiannon
Necro, proteus, unox kills :D
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=runvs

Mage. One necro, 2 prot base, no mord kills out of prob 100 attempts timing every skill perfectly with 3 godly cooldown reduction items and spamming e pots to avoid waiting a few extra secs for my 6k sigs to tick. Meanwhile my level 190 rogue and 200 warrior combined for 5 kills out of 7 attempts on mord while in lock group. Btw, the examples you brought up were 205/210 and aggy. Compare those to: mord, necro, prot, 215, gelebron. Also, ice mage is much lower dps than fire. Meaning you further handicap yourself on the important raid bosses
My point was its the resists that determine what class is better on a boss. It doesn't really mean the class is broken imo. If mord/necro/gele resists were lowered somewhat the dps of mages would increase much more than how a dmg buff to skills wud . Pure ice mage is worse off I agree, but shards/blast/bolt combo isn't too bad, especially if the gears align very well having cd and dmg boost gears. Fire gears are much more competitive in my clan than ice so that's one perk.

I'm ending the offtopic rn tho. Back to the unfairness of the Spites.
Get kills or die trying!

I agree it needs to do like 2X divine damage on initial hit (so EDL spite would hit up to 4000 initially while DL would hit up to 3000 initially). Just like the shinestone stalker necklace. And 3 seconds should count as 1 tick instead of every 5 seconds, so up to 10 ticks over a 30 second period instead of 6.

Remember, rogues are meant to deal massive damage quickly. If this causes you to feel like you choose the wrong class, go make a rogue?
Rangers are NOT supposed to win kills over rogues on nearly all endgame bosses.
World - Sulis
Clan - Toxic

H3ROsRogue - lvl 220 rogue
H3ROsRanger - lvl 200 ranger
H3ROsMage - lvl 220 mage
H3ROsDruid - lvl 220 druid
H3ROsWarrior - lvl 200 warrior
H3ROsLocker - lvl 190 rogue

Can't imagine losing kills to a ranger in 2019.

lol at override and more than 2-3 per boss for rogue offhand. All this talk about how rogues want even more dps and yet no one even uses offhand Druid skill on my world except on gele tank and we only need 2-3 Druid offhands max per server.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|