Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Lure of Assassins, Giants, Soldiers

Why are these either Fire Magic or Ice Magic based?

Ice Mages suffer from having inferior Lure of Assassins - I don't understand the reasoning why piercing lure is a fire-based ability.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Re: Lure of Assassins, Giants, Soldiers

Asked Design regarding this:

All mage skills that ramp up in power are tied to one ability or the other, there was the potential of making a third ability but instead, it was decided to be split among the existing types.

The ability thing was done in a skill rebalance that happened in April of 2012. At that time, we were not sure which builds would end up most prevalent - in fact, the idea of different "builds" was barely a thing back them. Before that update, everyone used every skill.

So if you really need a great lure of assassins, just train fire magic as well, even if it's not the core of your build so you'd only miss out on ability boosts from gear which aren't going to have a massive impact when you've got a maxed ability and 1000+focus.

Theoratically not all mages need lure of assassins. Ice mages could spec for magic lure wich can be pretty usefull now due to dg rogue armor sets and druid dps on gele poison xtals, gele weapon skills.

Just let the mage with the highest fire magic carry a max assassins lure? One or two mages at every raid are often enough
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

So if you really need a great lure of assassins, just train fire magic as well, even if it's not the core of your build so you'd only miss out on ability boosts from gear which aren't going to have a massive impact when you've got a maxed ability and 1000+focus.
I don't have hard numbers right now, so I can't give examples. But the difference between a fire mage's fire and ice magic ability is usually 8k vs 3k. That's 5000 ability points and is a big enough difference, imo.
Theoratically not all mages need lure of assassins. Ice mages could spec for magic lure wich can be pretty usefull now due to dg rogue armor sets and druid dps on gele poison xtals, gele weapon skills.

Just let the mage with the highest fire magic carry a max assassins lure? One or two mages at every raid are often enough
If you have the same "one or two" fire mages in every raid, that's called sharing accounts and is against OTM ToS.

I don't have hard numbers right now, so I can't give examples. But the difference between a fire mage's fire and ice magic ability is usually 8k vs 3k. That's 5000 ability points and is a big enough difference, imo.

If you have the same "one or two" fire mages in every raid, that's called sharing accounts and is against OTM ToS.
Hotbar items. Lure lasts two minutes so it's not terrible. Hotbar a dedicated ammy, charm, brace, ring and mainhand, helm too if you have one. It's not that much of a hassle because you don't need it for mobs (mages don't even have pierce weapons lol) but it's a raid thing and you will only need to do it 8-10 times tops per raid on one toon. You should be able to pick up 4-5k points doing just the above, just for lure, and go back. A good player can make this change in around 2.5 seconds all items and another 2.5 going back. It's possible to do in 1 second if you time it right and have a good device and connection.

It's kludgey but it works, at least we have a way to do things like this now. Good luck getting OTM to do something and this can be done today.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Lures last for TWO MINUTES?! I don't think you play a mage at all.
Try doing all that swapping while running around Gelebron's crystals and tell me it's easy. 8-10 times per toon. LOL?

I think he means that if you have one or two fire mages at every boss, with pierce lure, that should be enough...I don't see anything in his post about sharing accounts haha. Although that does happen a lot on Sulis...I'm at the point where I don't really want to talk to many people because I don't know who they really are...

Anyways, back to the op. I don't really see how there can be a fix for this...lures are skills, and therefore need to be tied to an ability, and really the only other ability they could be tied to is wand ability...which would suck. I think keeping them tied to fire or ice works out pretty well, if your fire ability is low, consider adding firebolt to your skill panel and launch it with your ice skills, you don't even have to put any points in it or worry about doing damage with it, just training fire. Either that, or else change to a fire build for a week or so, depending on how much fire gear your clan has lying around.
Last edited by Eragon123 on Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

I think he means that if you have one or two fire mages at every boss, with pierce lure, that should be enough...I don't see anything in his post about sharing accounts haha. Although that does happen a lot on Sulis...I'm at the point where I don't really want to talk to many people because I don't know who they really are...
There is no way you can have the same mages in every raid. People are in different time zones and no player can be 100% 24/7 available, unless the account is shared.

When fighting Smolach, we usually bring our ice mages, and most of our fire mage changed their builds to ice. That means our pierce lure is not as optimal as it can be, because Ice Mages get gipped because pierce lure, for some reason, favors Fire Mages.

There is no way you can have the same mages in every raid. People are in different time zones and no player can be 100% 24/7 available, unless the account is shared.

I'm not saying having the same mages at every raid lol. I'm saying that if a clan has 5-6 fire mages total, if they just had one or two of them at each raid (which is probably pretty possible that at least one of them would be available at the time of the raid), then they would be set.

Unless of course your clan only has 1-2 fire mages, in which case you would be sunk :? .
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!