Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Server Activity?

Is server activity a problem in any other servers?

Ive noticed a big lack of new players and a lack of players after an event has come in for at least 2 weeks...

Activity has seemingly slowed tremendously over a while

I for one know why my friends stopped playing the game. "Expensive Items" "Time Consuming" "Leveling takes too long"

Re: Server Activity?

Game is losing a lot of veteran players, and influx of new players who get past mid levels are also very small.
It's not fun enough and social engagement can only keep a game up for so long. I think many worlds are experiencing the same burnout due to repetitive content and cost of playing is too high and not enough rewards to justify it. It's hard to convince OTM that something is wrong with their game when players keeps buying chests and the cash is still rolling in.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Game is losing a lot of veteran players, and influx of new players who get past mid levels are also very small.
It's not fun enough and social engagement can only keep a game up for so long. I think many worlds are experiencing the same burnout due to repetitive content and cost of playing is too high and not enough rewards to justify it. It's hard to convince OTM that something is wrong with their game when players keeps buying chests and the cash is still rolling in.
When the game dies they'll know about it
I am Relentless
Level: 230
Class: Ranger
Clan: Relentless
Gear setup http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=Dem0n

When the game dies they'll know about it
Really hope that they are able to do something about a majority of the feedback...

-Difficult leveling(without plat i would think itd be way too hard to level let alone get the gold for leveling)
-Costly bosses(they require plat or an obscene amount of players)
-Plat driven game style(leveling takes plat items, Bossing takes plat items, "Luxury" items take plat to get the gold or an obscene amount of gold farming)
-Endgame players satisfaction(the loot isnt particularly worth the effort more than half the time)

To me those are the most pressing issues with the game as is, its turned into a hardcore game that i dont see very many casual players playing...

Actually there isnt enough people buying chests i guess because i cant seem to get any haste anywhere :lol:

Anyone else think that there are too many servers for how many players the game has?

Gwydion used to be more active.

It's still one of the more active ones compared to the rest.

Gelebron usually dies twice a week. All other raids killed on spot. Gwydions activity is mostly due to lock battles. We are a lock battle hungry server. Come for the thrills, stay for the pizza.

#NoPainNoGain #1$Pizza #BringSwagBack
Wattzon of Sulis

Gwydion used to be more active.

It's still one of the more active ones compared to the rest.

Gelebron usually dies twice a week. All other raids killed on spot. Gwydions activity is mostly due to lock battles. We are a lock battle hungry server. Come for the thrills, stay for the pizza.

#NoPainNoGain #1$Pizza #BringSwagBack
Arrogant but true.

LeGenDzZ, please leave your teenage girl fitnessfreak hashtags at home when you log in tomorrow :lol:
I am Relentless

Really hope that they are able to do something about a majority of the feedback...

-Difficult leveling(without plat i would think itd be way too hard to level let alone get the gold for leveling)
-Costly bosses(they require plat or an obscene amount of players)
-Plat driven game style(leveling takes plat items, Bossing takes plat items, "Luxury" items take plat to get the gold or an obscene amount of gold farming)
-Endgame players satisfaction(the loot isnt particularly worth the effort more than half the time)

To me those are the most pressing issues with the game as is, its turned into a hardcore game that i dont see very many casual players playing...

Actually there isnt enough people buying chests i guess because i cant seem to get any haste anywhere :lol:

Anyone else think that there are too many servers for how many players the game has?
I agree, your slight hint at server merges should be taken seriously but handled very delicately.

For example finding out what servers have little activity is a must, maybe take a list of all the servers yet to kill Gelebron and do some beta testing for the server merge between 2 or more of these servers and open this beta server for a brief period of time and see if any issues arise. If all systems are check possibly implement this to cause little harm to the established servers. OR give everyone the option the xfer out of a dead server that's closing and let them pick a world to take their character and items to.

The activity levels were great when everyone's devices worked, now that a lot of devices obselete + the terrible maintenance of problems , plat dependency and constant bottlenecks, activity is diminishing and these are just 2 possible fixes but I'm sure someone will point out all the problems however unrealistic they are, (furyion please don't make this topic about the collectors and their rare items, lugh should be fine in option 1 and if option 2 will never happen although it's a genius fix) should be seriously considered.
I am Relentless

I should just add I'd rather they fix the devices issue, maintenance of problems by not only listening(thanks muldar) but acting on feedback given, fix the plat dependency, insane prices for no reward, insane amount of effort for no reward(eg make bosses require less people or make the drops amazing) and bottlenecks for gear.

if you don't do that eventually you'll have to fix the little server inactivity problems by combining little servers together.

But otm won't do that they'd rather an inactive server die out slowly and people xfer out using more plat items leveling another character on another world cause they are literally that greedy..
I am Relentless

This event's been cancer. Our server lost a lot of endgame players over the past few months(like 15 215+),and as such the once kill on spawn for any boss usually takes hours or even days now. It's due to a multitude of reasons, but people get real tired of seeing the grand mighty dark items over n over with like one good drop per 5 kills. Besides raids there's nothing to do at endgame and some aspects of it are bit broken (like needing so much ppl at raids, having to use plat items for almost all of them, bad drop rates) and new players see the huge grind they need to reach endgame.

Addressing these issues and having players have other avenues in game like crafting, or even a completely redesigned arena for massive pvp fun even would make people log more. Basically the effort/reward ratio should be bumped up. Not every server can be like arawn or gwydion in terms of activity.
Adrohan - 226 Rogue, Fingal
Get kills or die trying!
First Mordris n Necro kill on Android, nuff said
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=Adrohan