Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: New Player, Server Choice?

As I always say, all ppl of all worlds will be biased in their answer thus u will never get a clear one. Im from Belenus, so u could guess Id tell u 'Join Belenus its the best', but I cant say that, all worlds are great (Im assuming, unless its a war zone). Welcome to Celtic Heroes and whatever world u may choose, try to see what u like best and go with less bias, if u join Belenus then welcome, we welcome all players of all classes, if not then welcome to any other world u would like to join.

If DKP/voting/rolling as drops system matter to u then u should see which world uses what.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

From what I have seen all past MMO players do fine in this game. The ones that struggle are the ones that downloaded 10 games a week and can't keep up with all of them. Most MMO's are time sinks so I try to play only one at a time.

I won't say which server is best. I have played Mabon and Taranis and both were great. I would be interested in seeing Epona but no idea if it's a good or bad system. I like that it's different.
Spit (Mage 226)
lil druid (220)
Damaged Soul (211+)
Creeping Death (Ranger 200)
World-Taranis

Yes, if you want to get a chance to win a jackpot item like void and godly items, join epona. With luck, you can win over those people rolling for 5 years and never got what they wanted.
In other worlds, you will have to earn it thru dkp. Gears will be hard to get if you want to camp castle, because we don't sell boss drops. Anyway, you won't need the gears just to hang out.
Fair point, but the way I see it, joining other servers is an inherent gamble, especially for new players who may not know who's in power on the server.

Assume Clan A > Clan B in terms of strength.

If you're a new player on Server X and the first people you talk to are in Clan B, and then end up befriending/joining Clan B, that's great that you stuck with your friends but you pretty much lost access to most things above Hrung or whatever they can kill, and now you're consistently outlocked on DL/EDL so progression is crawling slow. That's part of the game you just threw in the trash, because the first people you happened to befriend were in Clan B.

Now instead if you had befriended Clan A members instead, and find your way into Clan A, then awesome. You just unlocked the rest of the game in terms of bosses past level 200 or whatever.

Again, I believe that for new players (not server transfers) who usually enter a server not knowing the people/clans there beforehand, the clan you join is pretty much a high stakes dice roll. Clan A = high roll, Clan B = low roll

/biasedranting

Yes, if you want to get a chance to win a jackpot item like void and godly items, join epona. With luck, you can win over those people rolling for 5 years and never got what they wanted.
In other worlds, you will have to earn it thru dkp. Gears will be hard to get if you want to camp castle, because we don't sell boss drops. Anyway, you won't need the gears just to hang out.
Fair point, but the way I see it, joining other servers is an inherent gamble, especially for new players who may not know who's in power on the server.

Assume Clan A > Clan B in terms of strength.

If you're a new player on Server X and the first people you talk to are in Clan B, and then end up befriending/joining Clan B, that's great that you stuck with your friends but you pretty much lost access to most things above Hrung or whatever they can kill, and now you're consistently outlocked on DL/EDL so progression is crawling slow. That's part of the game you just threw in the trash, because the first people you happened to befriend were in Clan B.

Now instead if you had befriended Clan A members instead, and find your way into Clan A, then awesome. You just unlocked the rest of the game in terms of bosses past level 200 or whatever.

Again, I believe that for new players (not server transfers) who usually enter a server not knowing the people/clans there beforehand, the clan you join is pretty much a high stakes dice roll. Clan A = high roll, Clan B = low roll

/biasedranting
Not really a adequate assesment of how it works on servers with "clan A -clan B" if you are a new player (I'll assume all dominate clans are similar in this regard) who acts maturely and doesn't scam you have many viable paths to get into clan A I'd assume on any server if your serious about the game and want to progress..

Swan u can't dissagree with me here because even tho you consistantly bashed resurgence in the past. we still gave u a place in clan because you were mature about it and you always had a good rep never scammed anyone.

Anyways it's up the the op to choose where he/she would like to play.. welcome to the game and enjoy it its a good one. :)

P.S. Prices are not inflated on arawn lol as a matter of fact through our feeder clan you have other ways of obtaining lixes and such.. As once in a while we will do giveaways in braves for free lixes and plat items for various competition in clan such as collecting cargo crates in sewers as a example or leveling competitions as another.

Swan u can't dissagree with me here because even tho you consistantly bashed resurgence in the past. we still gave u a place in clan because you were mature about it and you always had a good rep never scammed anyone.

Anyways it's up the the op to choose where he/she would like to play.. welcome to the game and enjoy it its a good one. :)
Resurgence isn't a bad clan. It's highly organized and its large member count + strength proves that the leadership is doing a good job.

I'm not opposed to Resurgence specifically, I'm opposed to the entire idea of dominant clans. If you're looking for examples of people critical of Resurgence in particular, look through Nueee's old posts. Me on the other hand, I just believe that the clan you choose should not affect your enjoyment of the game. The vast majority of people I've met in Resurgence are nice.

Regarding the OP, and any new player for that matter, Bigd's statement "welcome to the game and enjoy it its a good one" only applies to:
1. Noobs/mid levels too low to be caught up in clan drama, or
2. High levels in dominant clans who have access to the all game content

The third group of players,
3. High levels in underdog clans who get consistently outlocked at bosses

Are they enjoying the game? Questionable.

So to say, "it's up to the OP to choose where he/she would like to play," being honest and frank here if you go into Arawn or any other world where one clan dominates, in the long run there is no choice. You either join the dominant clan, or you lose out on content.

Resurgence isn't a bad clan. It's highly organized and its large member count + strength proves that the leadership is doing a good job.

I'm not opposed to Resurgence specifically, I'm opposed to the entire idea of dominant clans. If you're looking for examples of people critical of Resurgence in particular, look through Nueee's old posts. Me on the other hand, I just believe that the clan you choose should not affect your enjoyment of the game. The vast majority of people I've met in Resurgence are nice.

Regarding the OP, and any new player for that matter, Bigd's statement "welcome to the game and enjoy it its a good one" only applies to:

So to say, "it's up to the OP to choose where he/she would like to play," being honest and frank here if you go into Arawn or any other world where one clan dominates, in the long run there is no choice. You either join the dominant clan, or you lose out on content.
I out locked resurgence in King 5 the other day :)
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

Nueee is a perfect example since u bring him up he loves it in resurgnece from what I've seen we've even become friends on fb lol.. But again any high levels not in resurgence are not there because of the choices they make and acting a certain way either just being flat out rude, or scamming in the past and they made their own beds now they lie in them.. So again any player who is respectable has every single opportunity to join resurgnece on arawn or any other server's dominate clan I assume..

So in the end it depends on the player and what they want yes on epona everyone who isn't a scammer from what I read can join in on raids and roll for drops.. On pretty much every other server u have to get into a dominate clan to enjoy every aspect of the game and u have ways of doing so there as well.. It's up to the new player to decide what they want, do some research on each server as this op is doing and make the correct decision based on his playing style.. Basically it boils down to if u like competition join a clan A- clan B server, or if u are a more casual player then I would suggest epona imo..

Btw @swan I would still welcome u back to resurgence anytime u left with dignity and returned all endgame drops you earned in clan.. How many more player would be in resurgence if they left they way u did.. Again it all depends on ppls actions just as in rl when you leave a job if u leave on good terms they would welcome u back but if someone leaves and turns around steals drops and sells them for profit then they made their own choice (not just endgame btw ppl have stolen quest drops as well as borrowed items from clanmates)..