Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Hrungnir camping - how does it happen in your world?

why bring it up at all?
I assure you it wasn't a rhetorical one. It came about yesterday because we were wondering if any other clan in other worlds bring several people to camp Hrungnir, like Havoc does. It's also counter productive to give up DL/EDL bosses to exchange camping a boss with such poor drop rates, but guess I shouldn't complain, we got easy Snorris yesterday because only Seela bothered to run back to troll. And we've had 47.5 hour camp off before with full groups, so it does happen.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Making ppl camp a boss that's so easy to kill for 48 hours that's a kill on spawn is ridiculous. Especially given the loot he drops is very good either hrung should be buffed or he should be changed to a fixed spawn rate so everyone can have a equal shot at a lock battle and not have to sit staring at a wall in sewers for 48 hrs. Fixed spawn rate makes more sense for a business perspective for otm sitting and camping a boss doesn't make otm money. those toons could be leveling or killing something else instead of camping for 2 days using lix or restos thus improving otms profits. That being said nothing will change everything that makes sense seems to fall on deaf ears here which is partly the reason I hardly play anymore..

Does anybody here actually believe Havoc and Avalon ever camped two full groups for 47.5 hours?

I have learned my lesson. One cannot engage in an honest, innuendo free and logical discussion with the likes of you.

"Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him."

Proverbs 26:4

I am sure they are sharing account like what the crazy 5 on Arawn do.
Gj, nice assumption, of the 2 clans mentioned in the op, ava's ban list from shared accounts is greater than havocs ;)
You're telling us Havoc has banned accounts for sharing? :lol: Avalon doesn't.

Usually both top clans have a low level toon to call their respective clan when it spawns
This would be the expected way to do it. What would you do if the other clan started camping it with level appropriate toons? Would you match their numbers and camp it too like we did yesterday? Perhaps another solution like boss sharing?

Avalon was propositioned by Havoc a few days ago about sharing bosses. What was mentioned was that Avalon "allows" Havoc to kill bosses and in exchange they would hand over all godly and void items. I found this absolutely absurd because:
1- We do not own bosses.
2- We don't trust many of them.
3- I've seen how boss sharing can cause problems from other threads.

The advice we gave was to work harder, bring level appropriate toons, camp and keep timers etc. We camp and time nearly every single spawn and we have our own "Crazy 5". There really isn't much of a difference in player levels anymore and Havoc has a good number of Dl and EDL weapons. We leave Proteus, Necro and Event 6* up all the time.

So I dont know what the deal is and there's got to be a better way to do things. Camping a 48 hour window sucks with one checker but camping it with a full group sucks even more.

The question in the OP has been answered and it's too bad there isn't a good solution. It's either ditch the boss or match the competition's numbers and hope you lock and you're time isn't completely wasted.

Oh and WidowMaker.... We did camp 47.5 hours once with Havoc. I rember it clearly because one of our members went afk to shower :o

28 people camped for 47.5 hours, I know because somebody took shower, therefore it's true?

Agree something should change. Don't agree the solution entirely rests with Havoc playing harder.

Your clan out gears Havoc at absurdly insurmountable levels. Your alt's alt's alts have better gear than most Havoc mains. Snorri locker rogues with Mordi spears? Havoc has and does struggle hard to equip its people with our sights set on end game bosses. Then theses same people lose faith and quit to Join you and increase the gap even more. Face it we are your minor league. Nobody gets into Ava without full EDL. Bucky, Turtle/Tort, Phantom, Seebass and perhaps soon Toxic. The list goes on. Except for a core group of players who have worked and stuck together (which I jealously admire), Ava was built of bricks mixed, molded and baked by Havoc.
So please don't patronize me with your just gotta try harder pep talk.
And still think the 28 (two full groups on both sides) camping for almost two days solid is a gross exaggeration or really silly on everyone's part. Everybody eats and sleeps at the very least.

And what's with Ava camping lower end game bosses with such intensity to begin with. How many alts do you need? Is it purely to stop others having some fun? Do you honestly need one more EDL weapon for a 4th generation alt with a Mordi helm and spear? Seems a little on the obsessive compulsive side or just plain mean spirited.

Well, have some fashion work to do. Just can't find a top to go with turquoise larnik leggs.

28 people camped for 47.5 hours, I know because somebody took shower, therefore it's true?
No one is saying 28 people camped for 47.5 hours except you. It's certainly a gross exaggeration - on your part. It's not an exaggeration to say we camped for 47.5 hours because it did happen. Doesn't necessarily mean it's the same people that whole time. Folks camped for 1-2 hours and then someone takes their place, and at times we have less than 4 people especially during 1am-6am US Eastern Time when most US players are sleeping. Still, from my perspective, it's a 2-day camp off because both clans had a presence there besides checkers. But it's all semantics and we can argue until time's end, you'll never believe us because 1) you probably weren't there or 2) you were inactive at the time.

I actually felt bad for Havoc losing that lock battle after 47.5 hours camp. That really must've sucked because you guys didn't even camp the next one.
Nobody gets into Ava without full EDL. Bucky, Turtle/Tort, Phantom, Seebass and perhaps soon Toxic. The list goes on. Except for a core group of players who have worked and stuck together (which I jealously admire), Ava was built of bricks mixed, molded and baked by Havoc.
Not true. We accept folks without full EDL, Tort was 4/5 when she got in. We just want them to have full DL because we don't camp/kill all the DL bosses regularly anymore. And what do you mean "molded and baked" by Havoc? Except for bound items, you guys take every gear they've earned when they left. You credit Havoc too much, compared to Ava, Havoc is a young clan. We were not built by Havoc. Such ego.
And what's with Ava camping lower end game bosses with such intensity to begin with. How many alts do you need? Is it purely to stop others having some fun? Do you honestly need one more EDL weapon for a 4th generation alt with a Mordi helm and spear?
See that's the problem, you think we are camping for alts or preventing others from having fun. Time and again, I've asked OTM to let us either get a boss with better loot or eliminate the stupid tiers so we can move on from lower bosses. We have been killing Hrung/Mordy for 3+ years and still have yet to see Void Skulls that matter, or Void Mordy damage helms. We are killing them for our mains - and they're still the best loot for that slot on many classes. We stopped killing Aggy because we don't need anything from him. Can't say the same for Hrung/Mordy/Necro.

If you want to complain, talk to OTM, and maybe tell them the drop rate is an issue. Maybe they'll listen to you for a change.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.