Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: New Heroes Landing - what do you think

well i have a sure formula to make sure new players are addicted to heroes landing the moment they step into the game. install jackpot machines at heroes landing or put some free chests there and let the level one players get a free 5% ride guaranteed (with a message that 100 speed ride can be gotten from chest in plats store) when they open a chest they pick up. they will be addicted to the game after that. CHs is a game of chance like opening chests and hoping to get a nice ride, waiting for godly drops so you need to tempt new players with these to make them stay.

Regen is probably the biggest reason new (and mid) players quit.
This and the amount of grinding that is needed to level made my brother quit when he was done in Stonevale, not because he didn't like Heroes Landing.

With all respect, but you guys have almost no idea what you're doing. If OTM really played their game without cheating, those are the first things that would be changed, because then you experienced the pain everyone has to go through.
Perkamentus, lv 230 Full Doch Gul Ice Mage
Avanor, lv 220 Rogue
Silvos, lv 191 Ranger

Retired Chieftain now Clansman of Pegasus, Lugh.

I think a big part of the problem is that OTM can't do much at this point to fix these blatant issues. What I mean is, had they taken action at earlier stages, then collateral damage would have been minimised.

As it stands currently, with the accumulation of 3 years worth of plat-driven actions and sales, anything done to revert these changes will piss-off a small percent of the player base who will feel robbed, i.e boosting regeneration percentages may make those players who have spent thousands on sigils to get an edge in competition pissed off. (I, myself have bought a significant amount of sigils but wouldn't be against this change; in fact here is a post of mine from a few months back).

I feel like OTM should implement the changes we want, at the cost of the complaints now, so as to prolong the game's longevity. Concrete-solid, bug-free content trumps plat-driven ephemeral junk and would, in the long run, generate more revenue.
Druid Guide - Role, Build, Stats and Gear
Rogue Guide - Role, Build, Stats and Gear
Dual-Device Guide - For The Hardcore Players
Dragonlord Armour Revamp - Compilation Thread

The fact that people would have been forced to buy sigils until this point, and that they will be annoyed that regen is easier for newer players shows how big of a problem it actually is.

But I don't expect OTM to change anything, can't remember the last time they actually prioritized player feedback over their own profits.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

The fact that people would have been forced to buy sigils until this point, and that they will be annoyed that regen is easier for newer players shows how big of a problem it actually is.

But I don't expect OTM to change anything, can't remember the last time they actually prioritized player feedback over their own profits.
I agree, sigils shouldn't even have existed back then.

I think now they can be considered as a plus you can buy during raids so that you can increase skills/minute nothing more.
Druid Guide - Role, Build, Stats and Gear
Rogue Guide - Role, Build, Stats and Gear
Dual-Device Guide - For The Hardcore Players
Dragonlord Armour Revamp - Compilation Thread

Hey Heroes,

It great reading over the feedback within the thread and it nice to see part of the community has understood the reasons behind the changes.

A lot of the points raised within the thread are really good on a "Overall" content change, leveling, regen, class balance etc. These are points we hope to look into this year with changes to the xp curves, levels and balancing.

We understand heroes who have reached end game will not see the benefits of a low level area change as it is an area they never really venture into as mentioned in
"At level 232, the only reason for me to go to Heroes Landing is when I need to rebirth."

What Heroes Landing re-design was was not content for heroes say 30 - 220 it was for those who initially drop off and never get past 2....

In-game imagine we get say 1000 joining in a day, all new installs never played the game before. By kill a Pict we have 900, by Flamebringers we have 600, by the Tar Barrels we have 400 and so on.

The changes to the landing zone and the quest balance are all in an effort to help new starts to the game and get them interested in Celtic Heroes, this is not deception as some have so called it, that is common design sense.

We are looking into all the issues raised 20 - 220 these are all overall changes we hope to make to the game, we do understand we have a massive playerbase who have reached these levels and want to help them.

Another point I feel the need to raise is that we have multiple teams here working on many areas of content; Design Team, Art Team, Programming, QA, Support and I guess myself.

We understand the frustration players have with certain topics and want to work towards lots of these, as of this year we have cut down on events and have focused more towards permanent long term and horizontal content, this design change was based on player feedback.

I hope I have answered a lot of the questions presented and explained further as to why the changes were made!

(To people also commenting on the thread lock, there are hundreds and hundreds of you and only one of me to reply, you are welcome to PM me as it allows me to better answers players questions instead of the topic turning into a massive bash thread.)

What is there exactly to discuss about regen problems.

People who survive past the beginning and are happy the game is pretty will not be willing to drop money once they realise their natural regen is 2 energy and health per couple seconds..

I actually can't believe it's taken this long to solve the issue. Someone suggested to give some regen per level until lvl 30 or so. This doesn't make it OP, and lets new players survive until they hit the point where they can consider buying lux/more sigils.

For once don't concentrate on new events (aka profit makers), and make the game issue-free for once.. Prove that you guys listen, and not once in a blue moon.

Please..
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

It is not a bash Muldar, it is simply stating that excessive use of deleting and editing posts as well as locking important topics for no reason is the situation right now. We are here to improve the game, but this will only work if both sides actually work together.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

It is not a bash Muldar, it is simply stating that excessive use of deleting and editing posts as well as locking important topics for no reason is the situation right now. We are here to improve the game, but this will only work if both sides actually work together.
If you wish to discuss the moderation on the forums it may be better to send a PM rather than deviating from the topic.

Also saying stuff like (Paraphrasing) "We will shoot him to deliver the bullet to OTM" really not okay.