Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Which offhand to use?

As we all know it is hard to find a lixing partner when you are a druid, so my question is what lvl 150 off hand should I use to solo lix with the axe offhand or the serpent staff offhand ? Any other info would be that I am running a build consisting of strangling vines,lightning strike, natures touch, bark, and howling wind. I may also get to lix with another person if I get lucky. Would the focus offhand provide more utility when bossing and if I group lix , or would the axe offhand be better for soloing ? I probably will be soloing more because of the lack of a CH community these days. :(
Flamingduckee- lvl 155+ druid full froZen
FlamingDPS- lvl 86 rouge
Flaminghawk- lvl 20 mage
RIP Solitaire
Clansman of Marath
RIP-ferdais blades
Gwydion
John 3:16
https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/i ... 054AAhfLoh
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Re: Which offhand to use?

I found the offhand axe was good because I was also using storm touch which brings you into that melee range. So I'd cast vines, hit a lightening, then hit auto attack and as the mob and I ran to each other cast storm touch. Between about 150-170 I used wind as well, but with decent lux you can have enough hp to not need winds and put more points into bees and storm touch, that way, with the axe overall you can kill a bit quicker. If you don't use storm touch then go with all the focus you can muster from lux, for your current build I think a focus offhand is going to serve you better.
Pedro Griffino: Druid 220+
desinotonetsy: Ranger 114+
Clan: Alliance of Lugh

Don't do any melee builds. You are a castor class. Focus and Vit. (200-400 defense if you use winds)
I have tried the melee build. Here's what I had to my disposal,

60/60/60/60 stat dragon helm
Frozen totem
150 axe
I tested both sets of jewelry
Comrak bloodthorn (100 poison 150 str/dex)
Wyld sun ammy (50 poison dmg charm) extra ring slot
Full sets of Aggy rings 2 45's 2 50's
Also many jalans rings to test out what gave the most dps
Haste ring ofc
Hero gloves of haste to test also

I EVEN DUEL LOGGED MY ROGUE FOR AN EXTRA 121 poison wep

My conclusion,

Melee sucks

No matter what combination I used, nothing did more dmg (speed of Lix wise) than vines and lightning and bees. I was spamming all of these skills while auto attacking of course, but it was all minuscule damage. (I had haste and attack Lixs so I wasn't missing)

I found that it was better to get as close to max with lightning strike and strangling vines while using 1 slot for a focus ring. I spent atleast 30 alt books (normally switching from bossing heals) to test all of these weird builds. Basic main skill casting out dps them all. Bees or storm were about even (carrowmore and ow, bees really shine, tower build, storm is much better due to resists)

I did not have radiant earth stone armor. This would have added 180 heat dmg 500 attack and 500defense, I used adamant robe and skirt for a huge Vit bonus nice focus bonus (more Vit more focus more power :) )

Melee sucks
Vines lightning bees touch (5th)
Touch was never maxed
Enough Vit so survive a 4* (with 1 heal)
All focus

All slots should be adding skills besides the ammy
I've tried this out even recently. And will probably try it again at 180 when I can use my rogues 180 str lux.
I have never pulled this off no matter how geared I am. Vines and lightning strike do SOOO much dmg. Stinging swarm kicks butt on DL bosses. Pure dmg.

Stick with your skills. Druids are not meant to be melee.
Mabon
Killsteal LOCK Rogue Level 175
Killheal Druid level 195
Proud clansman of WolfGang

:roll: :roll: YOU CARE ENOUGH TO COMPLAIN BUT YOU DONT CARE ENOUGH TO EXPLAIN :roll: :roll:

:D :D :mrgreen: Thank You for the Snorri Patch! :mrgreen: :D :D

Don't do any melee builds. You are a castor class. Focus and Vit. (200-400 defense if you use winds)

Frozen totem
150 axe
Haste ring ofc

My conclusion,

Melee sucks

No matter what combination I used, nothing did more dmg (speed of Lix wise) than vines and lightning and bees. I was spamming all of these skills while auto attacking of course, but it was all minuscule damage. (I had haste and attack Lixs so I wasn't missing)

I found that it was better to get as close to max with lightning strike and strangling vines while using 1 slot for a focus ring. I spent atleast 30 alt books (normally switching from bossing heals) to test all of these weird builds. Basic main skill casting out dps them all. Bees or storm were about even (carrowmore and ow, bees really shine, tower build, storm is much better due to resists)

I did not have radiant earth stone armor. This would have added 180 heat dmg 500 attack and 500defense, I used adamant robe and skirt for a huge Vit bonus nice focus bonus (more Vit more focus more power :) )

Melee sucks
Touch was never maxed
All focus

I've tried this out even recently. And will probably try it again at 180 when I can use my rogues 180 str lux.
I have never pulled this off no matter how geared I am. Vines and lightning strike do SOOO much dmg. Stinging swarm kicks butt on DL bosses. Pure dmg.

I was thinking more like this video in terms of build.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC9VPQh ... e=youtu.be
I wasn't going to go full melee I have a full dps hybrid build for solo lvling on bolgs and I can kill them in less than 10 seconds but when they evaded my vines it took a lot longer to actually kill them or if they were close to dying but my vines/ strike was not enough, I had to waste a couple of seconds waiting for my vines to kill them. Basically what I'm saying is that I am using a hybrid build but more towards dps(with focus gear) but deciding which offhand to use which would be better for killing the mob faster.
FlamingDPS- lvl 86 rouge
Flaminghawk- lvl 20 mage
RIP Solitaire
Clansman of Marath
RIP-ferdais blades
Gwydion
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Dont use melee as primary. Just use it to supplement your dps build.

Say you have 2 heal bracelets normaly and you change your rings and charm for dps or support. Well get some damage bracelets and use the dps from melee while waiting for lightning.

Frozen totem
150 axe
Haste ring ofc

My conclusion,

Melee sucks

Melee sucks
Touch was never maxed
All focus

Kind of strange why we're given a melee weapon as our main hand if we're not meant to melee.

My experience is on heroic haste I was hitting for 700-800 per hit which added up quite a bit.

Here's the other thing...play what you enjoy. I don't melee anymore when lixing but I sure enjoyed it when I was using totem and axe offhand.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Druid in my clan who pretty much solod to 222 (he's still leveling) using off hand dagger and the totem thing.

Definitely a viable build, but I don't know the specifics.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

Druid in my clan who pretty much solod to 222 (he's still leveling) using off hand dagger and the totem thing.

He used a dagger? Can you ask him what his build is? If you can that would be great
FlamingDPS- lvl 86 rouge
Flaminghawk- lvl 20 mage
RIP Solitaire
Clansman of Marath
RIP-ferdais blades
Gwydion
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

He used a dagger? Can you ask him what his build is? If you can that would be great
I have seen people with dl mainhands use an offhand axe. As soon as I get mine, I will let you know how the build goes. Dl to frozen is a huge boost in dmg, having used the frozen, using melee is not worth it. At this time.

You did get me thinking about newer tower builds. I know of 4 end game Druids that solo with an axe in hand.
Mabon
Killsteal LOCK Rogue Level 175
Killheal Druid level 195
Proud clansman of WolfGang

:roll: :roll: YOU CARE ENOUGH TO COMPLAIN BUT YOU DONT CARE ENOUGH TO EXPLAIN :roll: :roll:

:D :D :mrgreen: Thank You for the Snorri Patch! :mrgreen: :D :D