Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Ice vs Fire

Any mage will tell you that you will probably miss your first hit and have to wait for 20 seconds before you can actually hit it as well. As in my response fire over ice anytime ...
Gen of clan ALLIANCE
SELF PRO CLAIMED GREATEST MAGE IN DAL RIATA
Lugh
Poisonous 220 mage
xDarkPrincesx 220 rogue
DaSnake 91 war
Poison Arrow -- ranger
Balor
Strike

Any mage will tell you that you will probably miss your first hit and have to wait for 20 seconds before you can actually hit it as well. As in my response fire over ice anytime ...
Unless all you do is really short fights.
I am awesome -me :)
level ---- Hybrid mage - taranis
First person ever to cosplay celtic heroes http://celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewtopi ... =4&t=78414
rubber chicken :O

Ok here's a realistic sequence for you, head to head:
ice and fire lure at same time
instacast firebolt hits before shards, so fire ahead after first 4 secs
shards hits as firestorm is casting, making ice mage 3-4k max dmg ahead after about 6 seconds
firestorm is casting as shards hits, as soon as it lands fire mage is ahead again. ice blast hits right before bolt and gives ice mage the lead again after about 9-10 secs
firebolt hits at 10 seconds, and from that point onwards firemage continues to widen the gap.

So if your endgame (15k shards) mage spends all his time "free for all-ing" on mobs that take either 4 seconds or 9 seconds to lock, then yeah sure ice mages are great! Otherwise fire mages wipe the floor with them (this includes 0-3, 5-8, and 11-infinity seconds). But I think what we're really missing is seipper's analysis of melee mage dps. Can't wait to get my mind blown by the "experienced" level 120 who has a cumulative 0 dmg dealt on endgame bosses
Level 220 mage- InnerCircle of Rhiannon
Necro, proteus, unox kills :D
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=runvs

Short or long fights fact is fire will always win. Nuff said

Cheers Poisonous :)
Gen of clan ALLIANCE
Lugh
Poisonous 220 mage
xDarkPrincesx 220 rogue
DaSnake 91 war
Poison Arrow -- ranger
Balor
Strike

Ok here's a realistic sequence for you, head to head:
ice and fire lure at same time
instacast firebolt hits before shards, so fire ahead after first 4 secs
shards hits as firestorm is casting, making ice mage 3-4k max dmg ahead after about 6 seconds
firestorm is casting as shards hits, as soon as it lands fire mage is ahead again. ice blast hits right before bolt and gives ice mage the lead again after about 9-10 secs
firebolt hits at 10 seconds, and from that point onwards firemage continues to widen the gap.

So if your endgame (15k shards) mage spends all his time "free for all-ing" on mobs that take either 4 seconds or 9 seconds to lock, then yeah sure ice mages are great! Otherwise fire mages wipe the floor with them (this includes 0-3, 5-8, and 11-infinity seconds). But I think what we're really missing is seipper's analysis of melee mage dps. Can't wait to get my mind blown by the "experienced" level 120 who has a cumulative 0 dmg dealt on endgame bosses
That makes this argument even worse knowing I'm arguing with a lvl 120 you got a long way to go buddy.
Gen of clan ALLIANCE
Lugh
Poisonous 220 mage
xDarkPrincesx 220 rogue
DaSnake 91 war
Poison Arrow -- ranger
Balor
Strike

Only bosses he has killed are the ones I solo. ow tree boss, chained king, swampie...He is use to seeing 190+ rogues attacking the boss which gets lock very quickly, what he has never seen is edl, mordy, necro, dl, and hrung

Ice vs. Fire--this topic has been discussed at lengths end. Can we move on please!!!!
Arawn
LoneHawk - Mage - General Resurgence
Korac - Rogue

Yes, ice is worse than fire at everything except 205/210. End of discussion
You are still ignoring my points, but the OP has definitely seen both sides and can decide for himself now. :D
He is not ignoring your points. You haven't made one single valid point. Several people have proved you wrong by now by just stating the facts.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]