Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Furyion's Ice Mage Guide

I like freeze for leveling, and boss runs. It gives you more protection then energy shield can(due to mages having paper armor), but only if your soloing. You can't really freeze while in a group because most people don't care if something is frozen and hit it anyway, unfreezing it in the process.

If you are group leveling(or bossing), then energy shield is what you should use instead, if you even need it. Offense should always be used unless the defense is too good to pass up, weigh it out, and see what works for you.

Soloed 1-190, with few exceptions(helping friends), and I had a chance to try out both skills. I don't like e shield too much due to the huge cooldown, but it's not a bad skill. And as said above freeze is only a good idea if you solo.

Extra note, if you don't wanna use points on freeze, invest in a lv 100 night flyer or storm skimmer. They have an unlimited level freeze, that uses no energy, and casts faster(night-instant, storm-1 second) then normal. Longer cooldown though.

You also loose the focus in your mainhand and offhand. (since you have to wait for the skill to cooldown to actually use it) That hurts when you are running a shadow focus grim and a 180 focus offhand. No E shield while soloing and you are dead.
You also get alota regen, a good skill, and 80/85% speed. In addition you save gold when using a mount over grims.

But on the topic of focus, I always level on mounts. Reason being is my focus is so far plateaued it barely matters. It's like grim+focus offhand I do 11.5k and mount I do like 11k. Not much of a difference when your fighting an enemy with like 20-30k.

Also, energy shield isn't needed to solo, as said I preferred freezing for soloing. Soloed 180-190 with 1.5k hp and no energy shield, used freeze instead.
-Use a travel lix if you want a speed boost.
-I doubt that a mount skill is soo extremely usefull that it can replace 20-30% cooldown reduction or 300+focus. You can always prove me wrong by actually showing people it works instead of sticking to your theories.
-60-80 health regen is useless on mobs with 800 auto attacks and 1-2k skills. use a armour/health/hp lix and restos if you want to improve your survivability...
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

As stated Mizza, his response hes stating an alternative. Where does it say he says one way is better as you are implying? Hes giving an alternative thats works. Sure you can use lixes but you can use a mount too. just because you dont like someone doesnt mean you have to say,their wrong. Provide useful information to the guides please. You can use a mount to lvl.

Nothing at all is wrong with using mounts to level. Blackmamba just hates fury I guess so he likes writing hate-posts. In my experience mounts can be quite useful for soloing.
Lololol
Typical childish response.
Childish statement deserves a childish response
Oderint Dum Metuant.

As stated Mizza, his response hes stating an alternative. Where does it say he says one way is better as you are implying? Hes giving an alternative thats works. Sure you can use lixes but you can use a mount too. just because you dont like someone doesnt mean you have to say,their wrong. Provide useful information to the guides please. You can use a mount to lvl.
People ask for the most efficient way. Leveling on a mount is far from efficient. I did provide usefull information on contrary to you, you are just going off topic right now. Go to the rants forum if your not going to state anything that's related to a mage build.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Another alternative is using a reaper. Although it would suck I'm sure you could manage with it.

Right?
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

Another alternative is using a reaper. Although it would suck I'm sure you could manage with it.

Right?
LOL, or skain blood set. Very expensive and you can level with it. Is it effective?
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

It is ok to state opinions, but being rude is far from the right thing to do. He was stating an alternative method that works. He never said one way was best. He soloed 180-190 on a mount and rather cheaply too and was still able to demolish those wyrms. The method works, if you have an alternative that's fine, and its ok to provide additional information in a guide, but please keep it professional.