Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Mini Event

So here is my question. How do Yall feel about making event content easier at the end of an event?
I understand why OTM made the spawns of the event bosses shorter. There has been a lot of negative feedback about the drop rate of Skain necks during the Beltane event and OTM is trying to fix that. I personally think the reduced spawn time is not the right way to go about fixing that issue though. What's your opinion? I remember reading a post about the last mini event when they reduced the spawn times and I did not see any positive feedback. My biggest issue with this mini event is the increased spawn rate of Cobalt Foxgloves for the mask quest. I personally have spent countless hours farming them and a lot of gold buying them. I feel like this reduced spawn rate kind of 'cheapens' the masks that I have worked hard for. I think that if OTM thought that this was an issue it should of been addressed much sooner. I would just like to see other people's feedback on this mini event.

Re: Mini Event

I just think that their take on the Skain situation is horrible. "Oh, they want a higher necklace drop rate? Lets make the spawn triple what it was previously so they have to take more time out of their day to not get the item they need because the drop rate is still super low."
Gwydion - Xei - Warrior - 215
Taranis - Iridescence - Rogue - 225

Just want to make the game better.

They believe the drop rate is fine how it is, that's why there are no changes made. The reason for this second "mini-event" is to artificially extend the event by a few days as it was/is a shorter event than normal.

I for one think this idea was not very good. Event shouldn't last months anyways.

Lugh
[list][*]Vulture - Level 220 Rogue
[*]Venus - Level 195 Druid[/list][/color]

Personally I think every 6s should have dropped a neck but I also agree that the system needs to keep items rare. My biggest issue with this is that there are other opportunities for rare drops that don't have to use the main event mob. Rare drops can be distributed just like gold mobs and other rare spawns.

I would prefer the main bosses be more consistent so that if you put in enough effort you should eventually get the reward.
Spit (Mage 226)
lil druid (220)
Damaged Soul (211+)
Creeping Death (Ranger 200)
World-Taranis

Personally I think every 6s should have dropped a neck but I also agree that the system needs to keep items rare. My biggest issue with this is that there are other opportunities for rare drops that don't have to use the main event mob. Rare drops can be distributed just like gold mobs and other rare spawns.

I would prefer the main bosses be more consistent so that if you put in enough effort you should eventually get the reward.
The event bosses are temporary. They're only around a couple months and disappear essentially forever. A spawn here and there every couple months is practically non-existant. The drops are going to be rare enough already, no need to dilute the drops with crap. How many active radiant earthstone sets/breastplates are on your world?

Lugh
[list][*]Vulture - Level 220 Rogue
[*]Venus - Level 195 Druid[/list][/color]

How many godly sunfire charms?
How many godly spider rings?
How man godly Emberdrake charms?

As vulture said, event items are already so limited, bumping up the top tier drop rates is so negligible, even if you double or triple their drop rates, it's not going to make or break a server/clan. But it would make players a lot more happy with these events, and would feel all the effort is worth it.

We got 4 necks - 2 Stonebark, 1 spirit, and 1 shrive. 8 charms and 44+ rings. Asking the clan to show up every 1.5 hours for 3 days to kill a boss and come up with nothing worthwhile...yet again.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

How many godly sunfire charms?
How many godly spider rings?
How man godly Emberdrake charms?

As vulture said, event items are already so limited, bumping up the top tier drop rates is so negligible, even if you double or triple their drop rates, it's not going to make or break a server/clan. But it would make players a lot more happy with these events, and would feel all the effort is worth it.

We got 4 necks - 2 Stonebark, 1 spirit, and 1 shrive. 8 charms and 44+ rings. Asking the clan to show up every 1.5 hours for 3 days to kill a boss and come up with nothing worthwhile...yet again.
Well I'm not sure that id call a shrive set "nothing worthwhile", and you probably farmed some decent rings, but yea overall its mostly banked items or items that wont get used much.

I hear you on godly ember charms, none dropped on my world (pretty sure). Why code something into the game that dosent even drop? Godly spider rings were rare but at least dropped.

What OTM needs to do is at least make the drops pseudo-random. Guarentee that a certain minimum number of each item will eventually drop if the boss is killed enough times. It wouldn't even have to increase the chances, just take away the possibility of an entire world being unlucky, or the lack of understanding applied statistics causing some drops to not happen on any world (like some of the godly ember charms).
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

While I understand why rare is actually "rare", it is discouraging to see that most of the boss drops are way too useless for any practical use. Everything should be useful to some at least because we are all sending so much time and effort to kill these things. Just make the drops worthwhile and make the rare drops op instead of making useful drops rare.
I ride Kelpies and I swim in Deluge for I am one with Manannán mac Lir.