Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: If it's too good to be true...it is. Scam Protection

Great article Teaweasel.

Everyone should be careful though there is a fine line between alert and paranoia.

I had an experience where someone shouted they wanted to sell (amongst other things) a grow charm.
I haven't seen anyone actually grow using a charm at the start of the process.

I asked the person if they could use the charm and they went off their head that I was a scammer etc etc. Maybe my mistake was whispering rather than publicly talking.

So proof the anti scammer campaign is working well, so well that some are on a hair trigger!!
Landoril 221 Ranger
Denoril 170 Rogue
Hateril. Hat holder
Pageril...well you get the idea

Epona (The little server that could)

Thanks for the new scam protection its really a good system...if only it would eliminate the people factor! I know that you shouldnt trust a lvl 1 - 20...but that being said one of my best clans men (Toycat - lvl 111 druid). Had just started a new ranger "ToyRanger" and i love to help him out, so without thinking I gave him my pathfinder set and a lord bow!...well i guess you know where im going...the ToyRanger isnt really the Toycat and im out of some good stuff :oops:

so be carefull and do ask your friends to have the prime verify that they started a new alt...

Dumm stupied LadyB
LadyB - Ancient - LVL 188 Druid
MagicB - Ancient - LVL 188 Mage

Thanks for the new scam protection its really a good system...if only it would eliminate the people factor! I know that you shouldnt trust a lvl 1 - 20...but that being said one of my best clans men (Toycat - lvl 111 druid). Had just started a new ranger "ToyRanger" and i love to help him out, so without thinking I gave him my pathfinder set and a lord bow!...well i guess you know where im going...the ToyRanger isnt really the Toycat and im out of some good stuff :oops:

so be carefull and do ask your friends to have the prime verify that they started a new alt...

Dumm stupied LadyB
Yup It's a sad story oft repeated, I don't exactly know how to suggest anything more wide reaching than to just say again...did the player share yer clan-name :oops: ? And if trading to these like named people even in the same clan (bc people can slip in). I would have the main's of yer friend's log in to 2x check, sure it's a bore but it saves people 500k+ of additional worry later.
Teaweasel 121 Druid (Morrigan, Clan: Avalon, On Hiatus)
Teaweasel 133 Druid (Arawn, Retired)
Best Build is a 30/30 in Thinking for yerself ;)