Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Letting weaker players win endgame bosses

Myself and others have worked hard to level their mains and the level locking system is a slap in the face to all the hard work we have done to achieve these high levels. Why are we getting penalized (out-locked) by players that are lower in levels? It is difficult to wrap my head around making an alt at the boss level of Snorri, just so I can equip my main with dl main hand and off hand. That's almost like restarting the game all over! There must be something done about this. I have invested time and money into you, OTM, please look into this issue!

Critical points were not made.
1) The preparedness that it takes for your 'rival clan' to actually take on Hrung outweighs the lock system on a scale. Meaning there should not be an excuse such as that of blaming a system which has already shaped our gameplay throughout these years, and instead you must blame yourselves for not preparing for a boss like Hrung. You can not expect to 'outlock' a prepared group with only 2 campers. Yes, the facts may be there. Level 180's may outlock 225's, but you have failed to mention that those 180's exist as players of their own free will. It takes effort to gather any number of people and I'm sure that Resurgence must understand this especially since the fact that this is a clan of 300 or so active members we're talking about here.

2) This being said, the number of Resurgence members have increased in the past month due to a recent merge with the clan Blaze. Although size should not matter in terms of lock, levels do, correct? According to your claim, the reason for your loss is mainly our 'deliberate' motive of staying at a level. However, you must not forget the 20 or so players Resurgence has recently absorbed which further outweighs the balance in terms of size. Now, let's also not forget that those players have realized the dire situation of the current clan rivalry and that those players happen to also be at 'lock' level. Please do not 'deliberately' coin out certain points without having reviewed your own situation as a clan general that you are. These players of whom you have forgotten are well-deserved members and must be recognized and placed into the equation. Your 'rival clan' does not make up all of the 'lock' level players nor do they even make up any of a considerable population. Please, lay this reasoning aside as it should not have been stated from the start, and it is only now that a clan with strategy and well-preparedness has led you to this forum with a complaint in such a mindless manner. Lead your members and end the shaming of a game mechanic.

3) This is competition. Even though I consider Celtic Heroes as a fun, social game, I still see the need for competition. It is what drives this game forward. You must recognize that competition was what had formed Resurgence in the first place and that no competition would only bring a game of tormented boredom, one that would lead players to focus on menial tasks such as simple attendance at boss raids. This in turn can only mean one thing: a sharp decrease in player activity. This is a case which could have been prevented if only competition had stayed in place, placing players into a mindset of achieving greater goals and newer heights. This competition does not necessarily have to exist between certain clans. It's just there and you must appreciate it. Only those who have received too much can care for so little. Let the common player play his or her game freely. Do not, with all due respect, change their game for the better of yourself.

I'm sorry if I've managed to offend anyone. I only speak dearly. It is my only wish for this game to progress from its current position as is rather than to step back just to change a mechanic that was already there for the better of the upper hand. I speak not only for myself but for all who can not and would not stand for a world of a single reign with means of no divide, a divide that must exist for the harmony of different races of individual thinking and ideas. I can't stand for greediness. Please forgive me, Smellyunder. I can't stand for your points.
Last edited by Pavillion on Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pavillion. Arawn.

TheOath Family.

Pavi with all due respect but u r missing the point. This thread is not about clan drama while ur post is 80% about clan drama. U haven't made a single valid argument why a lock system is justified and just trying to distract attention from the real issue here. There will always be competition even if no lock system is in place. It will just cause you to level and progress in game like most others do rather than sit at one level to exploit this game's peculiarities.

So pavillion u are saying that resurgence as a clan should make people keep their main toons at a certain level for locking crucial bosses and stop them from leveling and enjoying game as a whole that would be true greed! That makes no sense lol otm should scrap level lock on important bosses dl+ and endgame and u and your clan who use a flawed system as a crutch can level just like we did... Your points are baseless and have no validity u wanna kill the big stuff and play with the big boys u shouldn't be given a handicap you should have to work for it period. :roll:

Pavi with all due respect but u r missing the point. This thread is not about clan drama while ur post is 80% about clan drama. U haven't made a single valid argument why a lock system is justified and just trying to distract attention from the real issue here. There will always be competition even if no lock system is in place. It will just cause you to level and progress in game like most others do rather than sit at one level to exploit this game's peculiarities.
My only end point was about competition, no mention of drama. However, I understand how you might've reached this conclusion. Irbetazenpj, I speak not as your foe but as a dear friend. I wish for your clan to be just as prepared the next time Hrung spawns so that no complaints should be made about a 'rival clan'. Level lock was not the problem here. It is an excuse to end this 'rival clan' and you must not deny that. I do not wish for any rivals nor do I wish to be one. I just don't know where I would be if this game were to change for the better of one clan. I get that most of you guys are in the top clans. But please, this case at Hrung should not even mention a single word of level lock as the clan Resurgence was simply not prepared for it.
Pavillion. Arawn.

TheOath Family.

He biggest complaint is why should two identical groups of 8 rogues for example. One is 180-185 full dl and have not leveled in the 6 months I have been on e sever and one is 205-215 with full edl. Say the boss is level 180 and has 50000 hp, the first group only needs to do like 12500 damage compared to the second group having to do 25000 before they get the lock.

I understand when it was implemented back when people were at maxed level 150 in update 3 and would kill falgren and sv bosses etc solo to sell the drops and to save up gold for the next update. At this point in the game, anything once you are beyond OW should be ffa like they used to be. Some of my best memories in the game was 2-3 clans waiting at pyrus or falgren and all having a fair chance to lock the boss.
Thyra 204 rogue (Rosmerta)

Faolan Wariche 224 warrior (Arawn retired)

There was a full lock group at hrung pavi don't resort to lies to prove a point here it's unbecoming read the op post... U calling smelly a liar? No stop trolling and if u have some usefull imput please provide it if not have a nice day. Also this is about making game better as a whole for 1,000's of endgame players not just because of one hrung smh :lol: