- 1. Take a large sack (like a pillowcase) to a forested area. The larger the sack the better, but even a garbage bag will do in a pinch.
2. Wait until dusk, or late evening. The hunter must go into the woods in the dark...alone.
3. Proceed into the woods a short distance from the camp. Ideally, you should find a clearly defined game trail or known "snipe" territory to set the snipe-hunter off to a good start.
4. The hunter should make smooching noises with their mouths to attract the "snipes". Watch out for other things that might scramble around on the ground.
5. Your friends should walk the woods in the area with lights, and the birds will flush, or fly up from their roosts and fly straight into the snipe hunter's bag.
6. Don't worry if you don't catch anything... you'll still be left HOLDING THE BAG.