Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Placebo affect

I read an article on this and it was pretty interesting, I tried telling my brother that I did a lab in science that milk makes shocks not hurt as much. He shocked himself before (with one of those games were u push the button and last person is shocked) I told him to drink milk and he said the shock didn't hurt as much, and I cranked the shock to the highest ammount. Milk has no way of helping u become an insulator, but my brother believed me and his mind made the shock not hurt. Any examples that u know about on Placebo effect? Or any opinions.

Re: Placebo affect

Your imagination is the most powerful thing you will ever encounter :) thats what i gotta say about that
WORLD LUGH: CLAN ALLIANCE
Tambo7 215 rogue
EDL armour

Those who never fail are those who never try -Ilka Chase
Baseball is my Life. The rest are just details
The difference between the possible and impossible lies in a person determination-Tommy Lasorda

Pain is something that happens in brain, pretty sure that its electric waves or some crap, thus, it is phsycological, so yes it is impossible to avoid pain in some ways. Many things are phsycological.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

The placebo effect occurs when your brain releases a chemical called dopamine, to its expectation. When to tell someone "do this and it will make this hurt less," your brain releases more dopamine to meet the expectation of less pain. Even though what you are doing (drinking milk) doesn't decrease pain, you experience less pain because your brain releases dopamine making you experience less. Kind of an interesting subject, lots of research is currently being run on it. One study showed that people with chronic pain who were told the pills they were given would decrease their pain were given sugar pills which did nothing but they did experience less pain because of the placebo effect. Its like a superpower in your brain.

Placebo effects have caused amazing things like curing cancer and other life threatening diseases
The biggest plus in Placebo effect is the brain usage. Since humans use on average 7% out of 100% of their brain usage (some have more, some have less, but its around 7%, dont think it ever topped 10%) there are lots of things that humans can theoretically do but are unable to, and thats where philosophy kicks in (which btw, whoever havent tried learning some philosophy, it can develop ur lvl of thinking and change the way u look at things by a lot) and obviously science. A human using 100% of his brain would be something that a human with 7% on average (like us) cant even imagine currently. The Placebo effect IMO is related to that part, because I personally believe (call it a theory, Idk if anyone ever thought about that) that the unused part of the brain is the subconscious, which does stuff without us knowing, for example the Placebo effect.

Humans use most of their brain while talking. We don't use 7% Lawl we use 100%
Not even close to 100%..... Brain usage is far lesser than what it seems, but it seems as if we use 100% because 7% (average) is the maximum we reached, so anything up to 7% is what we can understand.