Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Ebola Catastrophy

I wasnt going to get into this, but simple history lesson for you without insulting anyone for their opinions. They are not 'issues', simply faith.

Ever since Adam and Eve first sinned, the Devil gained power from it. This is called The Fall by some. Once the Devil had power over Earth, he created all that was bad. The world grew too corrupt, and God sent the flood (lets say its real for 2 seconds please.)Lucifer once again put awful things into the world.

Also, some parts of the Bible can be interpreted, but most Christians have the same core beliefs. I also think Plus3s example of the baby is horrible, and God would never inflict such things.

Please get off the religous debate though, we dont want this locked. Ebola scares me tho, and I hope the countries start doing something about diseases in general.

117+ Druid (Main) RedDogy
70+ Ranger
63+ Rogue
World: Morrigan
Clan: Looking for clan. (Old one was dead)
Current: Class Balance is a must!

Don't Judge a book by its cover.

There are 3 types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't.

I wasnt going to get into this, but simple history lesson for you without insulting anyone for their opinions. They are not 'issues', simply faith.

Ever since Adam and Eve first sinned, the Devil gained power from it. This is called The Fall by some. Once the Devil had power over Earth, he created all that was bad. The world grew too corrupt, and God sent the flood (lets say its real for 2 seconds please.)Lucifer once again put awful things into the world.

Also, some parts of the Bible can be interpreted, but most Christians have the same core beliefs. I also think Plus3s example of the baby is horrible, and God would never inflict such things.

Please get off the religous debate though, we dont want this locked. Ebola scares me tho, and I hope the countries start doing something about diseases in general.
There are so many kinds of different core beliefs the intersection of the total sects of christanity could be listed in a few bullet points. The vast majority are not the same.

Thank you for not saying that Ebola victims deserve what they are getting due to thier faith or that they are all sinners that comment by flamingduckee (not my example I just rephrased it to emphasize how bad it was) is truly horrible. + points for that.

History is the study of facts and real events but yes let's move on.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Not to go into religeon as there is a rule over that, i'll just leave this here for anyone wondrring, for furter discussion, please pm me.
Here us the science of sin and punishment broken down for you.
Please tell me if i'm wrong!

The first sin
The first people in the garden of Eden (God's "playing area" for the most beutiful of his creations) were Adam and Eve, God created them to rule over animals, and all was good. There were no bad things, man was happy, God was happy, Lucifur was angry. One day his jeolosy of God overwgelmed him, he possesed a snake and told Eve to eat the forbidden fruit (that gave the ability to distinguish from good and bad) she reluctantly agreed, and brought Adam into it. They now were able to distinguish between good and bad, enything they did that was sin would destroy them as the garden of Eden was completely holy.

The fall
As god didn't want to destroy humans, he cursed the garden of Eden y alliwing Lucifur partial rule, afcourse Lucifur did the worst he could, introducing death, illness, unhappiness etc. into the world, God didn't want to have this in his world, so he made a new garden of Eden, heaven... while man has to serve their lives on earth for the sin he has commited.

The partail rule of Lucifur
Because man could now decide, alot of them followed the devil, mainly the descendents of Cain, the decendants of Seth however, were mostly good people, although there weren't many of them, mostly Noah and his family. God sent a flood to kill every decendant of Cain and let Noah re-establish mankind, although there was still sin in Noah.

Jesus Christ
Any sin is enough to get you into Hell, although God didn't want that so he sent his only son to die with enough suffering to pay for all sin. In this period Jesus went to Hell, deafeated Lucifur, retrieved the keys to Hell and returned, he conquered death. He paid for sin. He loves us, I live him.

The day of Spes
No, not from the percy jackson series, and i'm probably the only one calling it the day of spes, but spes means something you expect, or hope, sonetimes last hope.
This is the day Heaven has been fully created and Earth (the cursed Eden) will fall. All humans will be judged, good and bad, all sins being screamed from the mountain peaks, everything you've ever done wrong.
Although, Jesus will return in this time to Judge if we are worthy to accept his payment for sin, if we are we go to Heaven, if not, we are left to Lucifur on earth, unable to die, unable to free ourselves of pain, unable to love, being turtured by being Godless.

Everyone deserves this torture, noone more that others, noone less, although our father paid for this already.

It's sort of like being born with a parking ticket, we all have to pay it but Dad says he'll help us out if he give him a hug.
Last edited by Liviticus on Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Spell check
I am a Moderator Need any help? Private message me here or send me a mail in-game, Liviticus on every world.

no religion posts please

Fact is this is a serious issue, killing a pooulation is an absurd auggestion to make. This is a final warning, any posts on religion past this will recieve a warning
pigman, with the fury of the pigs and the mind of a man
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon
put your pants on, we're going out

^^
A bit off topic but I'll add my two cents,

please don't rip on evolution because all you've been taught is contrary to liking it.

Just because you believe in god or a higher power at work doesn't automatically mean evolution is out...

Evolution says that everything on this earth is different than it was, say, a thousand years ago.

My favourite example for teaching children how evolution kinda works is the story about the bunnies:
A small time ago there were two kinds of bunnies, one that could grow a nice long white winter coat and one who grew a nice black winter coat. Along came winter and the one rabbit donned his nice long white coat and the other one grew jealous, so he sent word to a wolf that lived not far away where the white bunny would be... The black bunny stayed atop the snowy hill to watch the wolf scare his friend but to his surprise the wolf hadn't even noticed the white bunny atop the pile of snow and the wolf had headed straight for the black bunny running him straight outta town!

Moral of the story is the white rabbit evolved to have a long white coat which was better to survive in the wild so guess which rabbit goes on to produce more white rabbits?

All evolution basically says is that over time whoever has better physical traits in nature generally reproduces more therefore making their traits the average and/or dominant traits of the world and at the same time eventually weeding out a few other traits.

If you don't believe that that happens then you're just a tad crazy... I'm not gonna go out and say that we evolved from some monkey as most people are right-- we don't know that for sure, we are still missing a few links in the chain-- but that doesn't mean you can't look at the millions of other reinforcements of evolution throughout other creatures.
A ton of religious people I know believe in evolution-- their rationale is that some higher power set creatures in a set state across the world and they grew from there, still logical.

and @ plus3 try not to be so condemning in your posts, even though science does reinforce our points there is no guarantee that we are right and it especially doesn't disprove anyone's respective god(s). Try to make yourself seem more agreeable not seem more correct, it generally works out better in the long run.
Was that meant for plus3?
Belenus-
Assassinprime- lvl102 Ranger
Ravenwing-lvl68 Mage
Betaprime2-lvl68 Warrior
S0uth-lvl61 Rogue
Gwydion-
AtlasPrime-lvl180+ warrior

Let's do as pigman says and leave the crazy in the can. Dragging up quotes is posting it.
220+ toons

Toon histogram:

Let's do as pigman says and leave the crazy in the can. Dragging up quotes is posting it.
My bad I hadn't scrolled to the most recent page to see what was said. Ma bad
Belenus-
Assassinprime- lvl102 Ranger
Ravenwing-lvl68 Mage
Betaprime2-lvl68 Warrior
S0uth-lvl61 Rogue
Gwydion-
AtlasPrime-lvl180+ warrior

The sheriff went into the man's (who had Ebola US) apartment with no protection... ..Not sure if they said he is showing signs as yet. (hope not)
Luckily it seems he did not get ebola. It's not very likely to get it from body fluids left in a room after a day or so but there's no way id risk my life by going in without proper protective gear.

Sad thing is no one seems to be properly educated or equipped. Being Texas the deputy probably thought if he saw ebola he'd pop off a few rounds into that bugger and finish him off for good. Sending law enforcement or other medical/civil workers to deal with this with out the right gear and information is the cause of things like that poor Spanish nurse to whom catching ebola and dying never crossed her mind. Sad thing is last i heard her condition worsened and in my opinion will probably now die from it. It's only going to get exponentially worse if scientific thinking and adequate measures dont prevail.

So we are basically doomed. I guess if the only good that comes from this is people take disease and vaccines seriously that's better than no good coming from it.
220+ toons

Toon histogram:

The sheriff went into the man's (who had Ebola US) apartment with no protection... ..Not sure if they said he is showing signs as yet. (hope not)
Luckily it seems he did not get ebola. It's not very likely to get it from body fluids left in a room after a day or so but there's no way id risk my life by going in without proper protective gear.

Sad thing is no one seems to be properly educated or equipped. Being Texas the deputy probably thought if he saw ebola he'd pop off a few rounds into that bugger and finish him off for good. Sending law enforcement or other medical/civil workers to deal with this with out the right gear and information is the cause of things like that poor Spanish nurse to whom catching ebola and dying never crossed her mind. Sad thing is last i heard her condition worsened and in my opinion will probably now die from it. It's only going to get exponentially worse if scientific thinking and adequate measures dont prevail.

So we are basically doomed. I guess if the only good that comes from this is people take disease and vaccines seriously that's better than no good coming from it.
I think they put her dog to sleep. Even if they say no sign of Ebola in pets they weren't taking any chances.

Now they have a man joking on a plane coughing yelled, "I've got Ebola and came from Africa." Held up the plane 2hrs didn't have Ebola and never been to Africa :/

I was on the train in Manhattan yesterday to visit family my weekend off college. A man coughed and the teens yelled, "He got Ebola run....People are making light of the situation. You know what they say about the boy who cried wolf..
Last edited by PurpleRain on Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PurpleRain 226+ Mage
Vanity 227+ Druid
I can't make the World Purple when it's Gray
Beta Android Tester