Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Respecting People's Religion

I'm pleasantly surprised that nobody descended into a flame war, really proud of you guys--
I know full grown adults that aren't this level headed.
kudos.
Oh, now ya dun it...*waits for her luck to be jinx* "don't jinx our janx!" (heard it from a movie, can you guess where? :3)
200 Allymia Rogue
Clan - Underground - Guardian Rank - Home of the noob, Paulweller

"If you aren't sinning; you aren't having fun." ;) ~ Priest

I've always though of religion as a set of rules on how to live your life the way "God" intended it to be.

All religions incorporate love, peace, etc etc. People Nowadays are inclined to sway away from religion and thats understandable. Science is becoming the religion of many people now as it is more recent rather than outdated books and scriptures from ages ago which were probably changed along the years.

In short. Religion was made to keep order and a sense of belonging, when science came along, it completely changed the way we as humans perceived the world to be. This is why you would still see some nations stuck with incorporating too much religion. You can also see wars being fought in the name of religion, for religion and against religion.

The western world has moved on. People will rather live their life without boundaries, and rules. They don't care about the afterlife that religions such as Christianity, Islam etc promise. There has been no proof whatsoever about the afterlife, a supreme being.

In the end, its ones own belief. I respect all religions, to me they are merely a set of rules that people follow because their predecessors, grandfathers followed.
Well this is gonna start a lot of bashing...

Christianity is different people need to understand that its not this "general religion" that you do good to get to heaven

Its a lot more than that I realize that many people don't want to hear this because most people hate this and turns their ears off. There are two people in the world skeptics and doubters ,skeptics are open to the facts but doubters turn their heads on hard facts. And like the Bible said people will get more wichpked in the Lord's eyes which is true they will turn away from God which is happening because of science. Ok you believe in evolution the law of cells , something can't come out of nothing. What was there before everything before the "Big Bang" there has to be a trace back something has to be there... And its God , there is no evidence of fossils of animals evolving , NO EVIDENCE also how come butterflies are symmetrical ? Humans with eyes ears, nose perfectly in middle, we are something evolution says we are nothing Christianity says we are something we are God's children
Flamingduckee- lvl 155+ druid full froZen
FlamingDPS- lvl 86 rouge
Flaminghawk- lvl 20 mage
RIP Solitaire
Clansman of Marath
RIP-ferdais blades
Gwydion
John 3:16
https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/i ... 054AAhfLoh
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

I think whatever beliefs you have you're entitled to em. You don't have to embrace another's religion that is unlike your own but accept it as theirs and hopefully they would yours. The ones that bash, hate or say mean things I'd just say, "Hey your opinion but who are you to judge?
PurpleRain 226+ Mage
Vanity 227+ Druid
I can't make the World Purple when it's Gray
Beta Android Tester

Im pretty sure that religious ppl who have faith arent looking to prove God's existence, religious ppl just believe he does, and thats enough.

Generally i think that more than just religions should be respected, if anything, we should start with respecting opinions.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Im pretty sure that religious ppl who have faith arent looking to prove God's existence, religious ppl just believe he does, and thats enough.

Generally i think that more than just religions should be respected, if anything, we should start with respecting opinions.
Amen.

That was unintentionally relevant to the topic, lol.
I am a Moderator Need any help? Private message me here or send me a mail in-game, Liviticus on every world.

Why am I speaking on one of these topics again? I should have learned my lesson in the other 3 locked religion posts.

But in answer to the original topic, yes I do believe we should respect other peoples religions. However, sometimes it is hard to stay calm at somebody who thinks that all Christians are like those people from the West Borough Baptist Church. Well, fyi, we aren't. As for whether religion and science can go together....of course they can. If anyone remembers the original religion posts, they will remember that I do not believe in evolution, nor that it is possible. However, even if it was proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that evolution was true, I would believe that God was the one who set it into motion. Because honestly, it doesn't matter whether you even know what science is. As long as you believe that Jesus is God, and do all the things that the Bible tells you to do to be saved, you are saved.

As for other religions, I can respect the people who believe it. As Voldemort said, I will still question it, but I can still respect the person.

One thing that many people don't understand is that not all denominations of Christians are the same. And some of them have such marked differences that I don't believe that they can be called Christians.

First you have the people who just call themselves Christians even if they have never read the Bible before and barely knows what you even have to do to be saved.

Second you have people who believe that you need works to get into heaven(which is absolutely false. In the Bible it says "By grace you are saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is a gift of God. Not of works so that no man can boast")

Third you have people who believe that you are saved through grace(which according to the verse above is the correct way of looking at it)

Fourth you have any other stuff I have missed.
Psalm 46:10 He says, "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

Solumbum-200
WeldenS-36
BlodgarmS-35
EragonS-27

Junior Journalist of the Dal Riata Daily Enquirer

Proud Clansman of Divergent

Why am I speaking on one of these topics again? I should have learned my lesson in the other 3 locked religion posts.

But in answer to the original topic, yes I do believe we should respect other peoples religions. However, sometimes it is hard to stay calm at somebody who thinks that all Christians are like those people from the West Borough Baptist Church. Well, fyi, we aren't. As for whether religion and science can go together....of course they can. If anyone remembers the original religion posts, they will remember that I do not believe in evolution, nor that it is possible. However, even if it was proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that evolution was true, I would believe that God was the one who set it into motion. Because honestly, it doesn't matter whether you even know what science is. As long as you believe that Jesus is God, and do all the things that the Bible tells you to do to be saved, you are saved.

As for other religions, I can respect the people who believe it. As Voldemort said, I will still question it, but I can still respect the person.

One thing that many people don't understand is that not all denominations of Christians are the same. And some of them have such marked differences that I don't believe that they can be called Christians.

First you have the people who just call themselves Christians even if they have never read the Bible before and barely knows what you even have to do to be saved.

Second you have people who believe that you need works to get into heaven(which is absolutely false. In the Bible it says "By grace you are saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is a gift of God. Not of works so that no man can boast")

Third you have people who believe that you are saved through grace(which according to the verse above is the correct way of looking at it)

Fourth you have any other stuff I have missed.
Amen
Flamingduckee- lvl 155+ druid full froZen
FlamingDPS- lvl 86 rouge
Flaminghawk- lvl 20 mage
RIP Solitaire
Clansman of Marath
RIP-ferdais blades
Gwydion
John 3:16
https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/i ... 054AAhfLoh
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]