Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

A few thoughts from a truly neutral soul...

I hate the clan wars on Herne server. Anyone who knows me knows this, and most know the reasons why, or think they do. I have friends in nearly all clans, and there are some great people worth knowing in every clan, and it drives me BONKERS to see friends hitting other friends, and even worse, saying terrible things about each other. I don't like to see anyone abuse or bully another person, and I especially don't like it when the people involved are people I respect and care about. For me, the names on my screen aren't just names, bits of code and variations of 0 and 1. They represent people. Real people with real feelings, real lives with real struggles and real dreams. Sometimes I feel like that is forgotten in these nasty "wars."

But there are other reasons I hate the clan wars, too. Necro and all those other huge, multiple group-type bosses. Will we ever take him down on this server? I don't think so. People have to work together and SHARE if they want to play in those big leagues, and I am starting to think that will never happen. No one says ya all have to LIKE each other, but an ounce of peace and cooperation would go a long way towards making things work for everyone on this server.

Speaking of cooperation...

Recently, I completed my dragon lord armor. I have had lots of congratulations, but what has blown me away is how much resentment and nastiness I have seen over it. I am part of a very small, mid-level, neutral clan who doesn't necessarily fall under the exclusive wing of any single powerful clan, so in the eyes of some, I guess I don't "deserve" dl? According to others, surely I cast some evil spell that drove people to betray their clans and give me THEIR clan's drops (so, theoretically, I should nark out the evil doer, pay back their clan, and be burned at the stake?). I don't name names, I don't tell people how or where I got my Dragonlord items, and even then, people find a reason to be angry at me. Damned if I do, damned if I don't, and no matter what I say or do not say, people remain convinced that I am wearing the spoils of their clans lock/reset wars with the Dragonlord bosses. Maybe I am. Maybe I am not. Maybe, just maybe, it's got something to do with the fact that I am a MAGE - mage dl items aren't exactly in the same demand as warrior and rogue items. People don't exactly fight over them! I promise you, if I was a rogue or a warrior, I probably wouldn't have a single piece of dl.

Which leads me to my next point...

If you guys worked together on the dl bosses and split drops in an amiable fashion, maybe there would be more to pass around, and more trading could be done for what is needed. Ultimately, it seems to me that there is so much to be gained from helping one another, instead of fighting over everything.

I had someone ask me this morning, "Well, if we stopped fighting, what else would we do?" Necro. Bosses. Gossip. Start some pvp GAMES. So many of you rock at pvp... I am curious how you might do with something like capture the flag? Maybe a Herne Gladiator championship? Why does excitement and technique in the arena always have to be laced with hate?

Gah. I guess I am probably preaching to the stars and little else with this post, but this has been bugging me for a few weeks now. Thank you, stars, for listening, even if no one else has.

P.S. I also thank the stars for my DL. :) Anyone else who asks me where I got it, thats my new answer. Tired of explaining cooperation and kindness to folks who can't quite wrap their minds around it. Nothing devious or underhanded took place for me to get it. Only a few bosses were harmed in the making of my dl. :P

P.P.S. Thanks for the correction, P - you're a champ!
Last edited by Flicker on Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flicker
Level 187 Mage (Herne)
Clan Reciprocity Chieftain
MercyHealer
Level 112 Druid (Herne)
Deaths Whisper
Level 96 Rogue (Crom)

"A kindness received should be given with a freer hand." -Saint Ambrose

Re: A few thoughts from a truly neutral soul...

Thanks P... Thats who I meant. I haven't seen either, though, so it's no wonder I am confused! Thanks for the correction - will edit! :)
Flicker
Level 187 Mage (Herne)
Clan Reciprocity Chieftain
MercyHealer
Level 112 Druid (Herne)
Deaths Whisper
Level 96 Rogue (Crom)

"A kindness received should be given with a freer hand." -Saint Ambrose

^^only mob on the server yet to die is necro :) mordris goes down every 3 days give or take :)
Mmmmm don't think so everyones still having trouble with the brown rabbit and havgar
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

As much as I dislike the warring, it is almost impossible for the two warring clans to work together as it will take too much compromising which neither clan will do.

As far as necro, only time will tell when it will fall, but eventually it will fall and after the first kill, other kills will follow simultaneously. I can also guarantee that one of the two clans will kill it without the help of the other.
BarbellaReign-192
Tic-183
DrNovaKane-180+
Have you ever noticed that when people like something, they don't tell anyone, but when they hate something, they tell everyone?

As it stands now, i'm not putting a toe out of my clan.
Anyone who knows me knows that I hate the war, I hate the hatred, and I hate that it is so abundant.
Peace IS possible, although you can't hope for it and have it handed to you on a silver platter, peace comes from both sides.
I am a Moderator Need any help? Private message me here or send me a mail in-game, Liviticus on every world.

As it stands now, i'm not putting a toe out of my clan.
Anyone who knows me knows that I hate the war, I hate the hatred, and I hate that it is so abundant.
Peace IS possible, although you can't hope for it and have it handed to you on a silver platter, peace comes from both sides.
Peace isn't possible. Imo. People from the opposing clan will always antagonize whether at peace or war. I have seen it. There are many people in Resurgens who have seen how neutral I try to stay but still antaginize and harass me. I quit trying to even be nice.
Herne
Dopehead 222 Warrior
Stitches 221 Rogue

Grats on you dl but I will never share anything with chplayer or any of his corhorts again. This dbag took the stuff we worked for to use against us. Gl with your idea but i will never. Never never be apart of that.