Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Get Creative! Design an Armour set!

Hello everyone, may i present to you my (well it's ugly but whatever) hand drawn armour , including the weapons.

Here is the wooden armour of the magic forest.
FTW! Not because i like the armor, an not because I think the storyline is perfect, But because they are reminding you OTM AFTER LEVEL 60 WE STILL WANT GOOD STORYLINES!!!

After all, who are those guys that freeze the armor? Their story is pretty feeble the way it is presented for the armor quests. Why do we realy care enough about carrowmore that we are going to spend the next 80 levels down there? Who decided that aggy had to die, he's not threatening Lirs Reach... Give us story content! It will break up the monotonous grinding.
Belenus
GARAT level 198 Ice Mage
Started playing at the beginning of Sahmain 2012

The Mage's best weapon is a calculator!

After all, who are those guys that freeze the armor? Their story is pretty feeble the way it is presented for the armor quests. ......... Who decided that aggy had to die, he's not threatening Lirs Reach... Give us story content!
+1 on more storylines

Actually, there used to be a story behind Aggragoth in game. I was disappointed when they removed it and put in some generic text, because it was quite good. Here is the old story that used to be in game:
My name is Niamh, and though the magical Otherworld city of Tir Na Og is where I was born, my Champions have all travelled to the Otherworld, and stayed to defend this magical land. It takes great strength to leave your home behind. I am... proud of them all.

Once word was brought to me of what had been happening here, we left Tir Na Og to fight the evil in this land and prevent Crom's escape. The Blackstone Cabal plan to harness the dragon, Aggragoth, and use him to break down the walls of Crom's prison, removing the final barrier between them and their master.

We planned to use our magical frost crests to imbue our armour with powers that would enable us to defeat the dragon. Alas, the Cabal's scouts must have been vigilant indeed, as Alas, we were ambushed as soon as we came through the portal.

Six powerful servants of Crom set upon us and, outnumbered and overpowered, we could do nothing but retreat to this place. In the melee though, our crests were lost, along with the Orbs of Frostweaving we intended to use to fuel the enchantment.

Now we must wait here, tend to our wounds, and plan our next move. In my heart though, I feel that unless someone helps us to defeat Aggragoth, all may be lost. That is why we look to another to accomplish what we could not.
YouTube | Mystery Chest Simulator | Cooking Guide | Legacy Boss Guide

Midnight Raven and Swift Nightingale Armors

Dedicated to the one and only Nightingale (aka Raven), who was an awesome friend.

"What makes good armor great is not just the design itself, but also the story that goes along with it."

Midnight Raven Armor (for rogues and rangers)
For a full resolution color version, visit http://imgur.com/Q1M0Y32
For a full resolution raw sketch, visit http://imgur.com/4hx2101

"Strong as steel, light as leather"
Forged from legendary mithril alloys, Midnight Raven armor is unbelievably strong yet mobile, designed specifically for the deadliest of assassins. With the durability of metal and the flexibility of leather, it grants excellent stealth, agility, and poison damage. Having only heard of the armor's stunning abilities in epic tales of the Raven Assassins, you finally set eyes on the armor for the first time.

Color Version
Note: I did not draw the background image; I took it from a Skyrim wallpaper (http://wallpaperpanda.com/wallpapers/Gi ... o4ydi4.jpg).

Raw Sketch
I sketched a male rogue wearing full midnight raven armor. The rogue is holding two daggers, one behind his back and one in front. Boots are not shown, but would appear visually similar to rogue dragonlord boots. This design features:
  • A simple, classic assassin's hood with face mask (no dragonlord crown)
  • A simple, classic assassin's cloak/cape (attached to chest armor)
  • The sigil of the Raven Assassins (two crossed talons)
  • An interlocking armor pattern on chest
  • A flat belt buckle that doesn't stick out (no dragon head)

Story
The Raven Assassins are the silent protectors of the The End Realm, striking in force when the nights are darkest and coldest, and the cold monsters are gathering strength. Unlike most rogues, they infallibly follow a moral code of honor. For centuries, these assassins have maintained control of the area, killing the cold monsters before they reached the major towns and the valuable mithril mines. These heat-resistant cold monsters deal enormous amounts of damage and have the ability to freeze its victims in ice. Unfortunately, the cold monsters have recently overpowered the Raven Assassins, slaughtering many and occupying the mithril mines. The few Raven Assassins that survived the raid either escaped to safety or hid in the deep tunnels of the mines.

You stop at the final frontier in The End Realm—The Raven's Keep. This "last resort" base has few defenses, and lacks both equipment and fighters. The leader of the Raven Assassins asks for your to help infiltrate the mithril mines to find survivors and retrieve much-needed mithril for armor and weapons. You agree to help him, and salvage some mithril and wounded Raven Assassins. To show his gratitude, the leader offers to craft legendary Midnight Raven armor and weapons for you—free of cost—using the mithril ore and enchanted ice crystals (gained by slaying cold bosses) that you bring him.

Midnight Raven armor is made from extremely lightweight enchanted mithril alloys that grant moderate armor with the mobility of leather. Those who wear this armor have increased agility (dodging and parrying physical attacks with ease) and swiftness (faster attack and run speed). Midnight Raven armor pieces also grant poison damage, allowing for powerful attacks against the cold monsters. It has excellent resistance against cold damage, but is has low magic resistance.

Set Bonus
Wearing a full set of Midnight Raven armor grants:
Raven Aura
This set bonus for wearing Midnight Raven armor confers: Health +500, Energy +500, Chaos Resistance +800, Poison Damage +75 and grants 'Cloak of the Raven' effect.
Cloak of the Raven
You blend in with the shadows of the night. Camouflage +25%.

Armor Stats
The full description for each armor piece:
This armor was crafted by the Raven Assassins with pristine mithril alloys. It increases both attack and movement speed by 2%. Stacks with other haste and speed effects.
Midnight Raven Boots*
Increases both attack and movement speed by 2%. Stacks with other haste and speed effects.
NO TRADE
Slot: Feet
Poison Damage: 20
Armor: 47
Weight: 4
Resist Heat: 66
Resist Cold: 99
Resist Magic: 44
Resist Chaos: 120
Defense: 200
Class Required: Rogue
Physical Attack Evasion: +200

*Not shown in drawing

Weapon Stats
Midnight Raven Dagger**
This dagger was crafted by the Raven Assassins with pristine mithril alloys. It is permanently coated with a paralyzing snake venom that can stun enemies for 2 seconds.
One Handed
Infinite Uses
NO TRADE
Important Item
Slot: Main Hand
Piercing Damage: 110
Attack Speed: 1850
Proc Skill: Neurotoxin
Proc Chance: 5%
Weight: 7
Attack: 350

Midnight Raven Rondel**
This rondel was crafted by the Raven Assassins with pristine mithril alloys. It grants a skill that boosts attack by 1000 for 10 seconds.
Infinite Uses
NO TRADE
Important Item
Slot: Offhand
Piercing Damage: 35
Poison Damage: 75
Gives Skill: Eye of the Raven
Resist Chaos: 200

**Not fully shown in drawing

Swift Nightingale Armor (for mages and druids)
For a full resolution sketch, visit http://imgur.com/v7JzKMu

"Cloth of shadows"
Woven from shimmering mithril fabrics, Swift Nightingale armor seems to draw its power from the night itself, allowing for better and faster spell casting. It grants excellent stealth, dodging capabilities, and spell damage. Having only heard of the armor's prowess in whispered rumors of the Nightingale Sisters, you finally set eyes on the armor for the first time.

Concept Art
I sketched an outline for Swift Nightingale armor and modeled it on a female druid. The druid is flying while shooting a bolt of lightning down on an enemy. Due to the time constraint, I did not shade in the sketch or show the full armor set. This partial design features:
  • An elegant mask with flowers
  • Wings attached to the dress
Story
Parallel story to the Raven Assassins. Simply replace "Raven Assassin" with "Nightingale Sister."

Set Bonus
Wearing a full set of Swift Nightingale armor grants:
Nightingale Aura
This set bonus for wearing Swift Nightingale armor confers: Health +500, Energy +500, Chaos Resistance +800, Focus +150, Nature Magic +300 and grants 'Cloak of the Nightingale' effect.
Cloak of the Nightingale

Armor Stats
The full description for each armor piece:
This armor was crafted by the Nightingale Sisters with flawless mithril fabrics. It decreases both cast and recast time by 2% for all skills. Stacks with other reduction effects.

Weapon Stats
Swift Nightingale Totem
This totem was fashioned by the Nightingale Sisters using powerful enchantments. It can sometimes summon a Nightingale Spirit to bless the caster with zero recast time on all skills for 5 seconds.
One Handed
Infinite Uses
NO TRADE
Important Item
Crushing Damage: 115
Attack Speed: 3250
Proc Skill: Spirit of the Nightingale
Class Required: Druid
Focus 200

Swift Nightingale Grimoire
This grimoire was fashioned by the Nightingale Sisters using powerful enchantments. It grants a skill that boosts Nature Magic by 1000 for 10 seconds.
Infinite Uses
NO TRADE
Important Item
Gives Skill: Blessing of the Nightingale
Resist Chaos: 200
Class Required: Druid
Focus 300
Last edited by Swan on Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:33 am, edited 31 times in total.

Midnight Raven Armor
Dedicated to the one and only Nightingale (aka Raven), who was an awesome friend. Miss ya Nighty, come back to Arawn.
For full resolution raw sketch, visit: http://imgur.com/4hx2101

Raw Sketch
  • I sketched a male rogue wearing full midnight raven armor. The rogue is holding two daggers, one behind his back and one in front. Boots are not shown, but would appear visually similar to rogue dragonlord boots.
  • To make this drawing I used a 2H pencil for sketching, #2 pencil for shading, a blending eraser for filling, and a Pilot G2 07 mm fine point pen for tracing.
  • The cursive "S" in the corner is my signature.
  • If I had the tools to shade with color, I would have used a mix of black, gray, and dark purple.

Story
The Raven Assassins are the silent protectors of the The End Realm, striking in force when the nights are darkest and coldest, and the cold monsters are gathering strength. Unlike most rogues, they infallibly follow a moral code of honor. For centuries, these assassins have maintained control of the area, killing the cold monsters before they reached the major towns and the valuable mithril mines. These heat-resistant cold monsters deal enormous amounts of damage and have the ability to freeze its victims in ice. Unfortunately, the cold monsters have recently overpowered the Raven Assassins, slaughtering many and occupying the mithril mines. The few Raven Assassins that survived the raid either escaped to safety or hid in the deep tunnels of the mines.

You stop at the final frontier in The End Realm—The Raven's Keep. This "last resort" base has few defenses, and lacks both equipment and fighters. The leader of the Raven Assassins asks for your to help infiltrate the mithril mines to find survivors and retrieve much-needed mithril for armor and weapons. You agree to help him, and salvage some mithril and wounded Raven Assassins. To show his gratitude, the leader offers to craft legendary Midnight Raven armor and weapons for you—free of cost—using the mithril ore and enchanted ice crystals that you bring him.

Midnight Raven armor is made from extremely lightweight enchanted mithril alloys that grant moderate armor with the mobility of leather. Those who wear this armor have increased agility (dodging and parrying physical attacks with ease) and swiftness (faster attack and run speed). Midnight Raven armor pieces also grant poison damage, allowing for powerful attacks against the cold monsters.

Features
  • Simple, classic assassin hood with face mask (no dragonlord crown)
  • Simple, classic assassin's cloak (attached to chest armor)
  • Sigil of the Raven Assassins (two crossed talons)
  • Interlocking armor pattern on chest
  • Flat belt buckle that doesn't stick out (no dragonlord crown)

Labeled Sketch (Stats)
Midnight Aura
This set bonus for wearing Midnight Raven armor confers: Health +500, Energy +500, Chaos Resistance +800, Poison Damage +150 and grants 'Cloak of the Raven' effect.
Cloak of the Raven

This would be the full description on each armor piece:
This armor was crafted by the Raven Assassins with pristine mithril alloys. It increases both attack and movement speed by 2%. Stacks with other haste and speed effects.
Midnight Raven Boots*
Increases both attack and movement speed by 2%. Stacks with other haste and speed effects.
NO TRADE

*Not shown in drawing

Weapons**

Midnight Raven Dagger
This dagger was crafted by the Raven Assassins with pristine mithril alloys. It is permanently coated with a paralyzing snake venom that can stun enemies for 2 seconds.
One Handed
Infinite Uses
NO TRADE
Important Item

Midnight Raven Rondel of Poison
This rondel was crafted by the Raven Assassins with pristine mithril alloys. It grants a skill that boosts attack by 1000 for 10 seconds.
Infinite Uses
NO TRADE
Important Item
Poison Damage: 150
Resist Cold: 300
Where can I pick up a set?

Lugh
[list][*]Vulture - Level 220 Rogue
[*]Venus - Level 195 Druid[/list][/color]

Midnight Raven Armor
Dedicated to the one and only Nightingale (aka Raven), who was an awesome friend. Miss ya Nighty, come back to Arawn.
For full resolution raw sketch, visit: http://imgur.com/4hx2101

Raw Sketch
  • I sketched a male rogue wearing full midnight raven armor. The rogue is holding two daggers, one behind his back and one in front. Boots are not shown, but would appear visually similar to rogue dragonlord boots.
  • To make this drawing I used a 2H pencil for sketching, #2 pencil for shading, a blending eraser for filling, and a Pilot G2 07 mm fine point pen for tracing.
  • The cursive "S" in the corner is my signature.
  • If I had the tools to shade with color, I would have used a mix of black, gray, and dark purple.

Story

You stop at the final frontier in The End Realm—The Raven's Keep. This "last resort" base has few defenses, and lacks both equipment and fighters. The leader of the Raven Assassins asks for your to help infiltrate the mithril mines to find survivors and retrieve much-needed mithril for armor and weapons. You agree to help him, and salvage some mithril and wounded Raven Assassins. To show his gratitude, the leader offers to craft legendary Midnight Raven armor and weapons for you—free of cost—using the mithril ore and enchanted ice crystals that you bring him.

"Strong as steel, light as leather."
Midnight Raven armor is made from extremely lightweight enchanted mithril alloys that grant moderate armor with the mobility of leather. Those who wear this armor have increased agility (dodging and parrying physical attacks with ease) and swiftness (faster attack and run speed). Midnight Raven armor pieces also grant poison damage, allowing for powerful attacks against the cold monsters. It has excellent resistance against cold damage, but is has low magic resistance.

Features
  • Simple, classic assassin hood with face mask (no dragonlord crown)
  • Simple, classic assassin's cloak (attached to chest armor)
  • Sigil of the Raven Assassins (two crossed talons)
  • Interlocking armor pattern on chest
  • Flat belt buckle that doesn't stick out (no dragonlord crown)

Labeled Sketch (Stats)
Midnight Aura
This set bonus for wearing Midnight Raven armor confers: Chaos Resistance +800, Poison Damage +75 and grants 'Cloak of the Raven' effect.
Cloak of the Raven

This would be the full description on each armor piece:
Midnight Raven Boots*
NO TRADE

*Not shown in drawing

Weapons**

Midnight Raven Dagger
One Handed
Infinite Uses
NO TRADE
Important Item

Midnight Raven Rondel of Poison
Infinite Uses
NO TRADE
Important Item
Poison Damage: 150
Resist Cold: 300
winner, this armor is one of the most impressive so far.
AchillezX
Level 140 rogue
I Love My Morrigan Haters :P(you know who you all are, hurts doesnt it?)

Edit: Just changed a few numbers. I'm not an expert with stats balancing; those numbers can be adjusted, but the ideas are the same (high defense, high physical attack evasion, no health/energy boosts, high cold resist, low magic resist, poison damage, etc). The armor is supposed to be higher tier than dragonlord armor and earned by completing an alternate quest line.

Edit: The cold monsters should have high heat resistance because 1) this is a twist in the way the game usually works and 2) dragonlord armor for rogues/rangers would be ineffective.

Where can I pick up a set?
Hopefully in a few updates, there will be something similar to this armor. :P

Also, I know that we were just supposed to draw the armor, but I wanted to make a point about how I think gear stats should work.

The core principle behind Midnight Raven armor stats is specialization—actually tailoring the armor to fit some purpose. Here, the purpose is to fight cold monsters. So, you need high cold resistance. It's also crafted by stealthy assassins, so it should probably have some boosts to camo/speed/haste. Assassins are good at dodging and evading attacks. Give it lots of defense and physical evasion.

Specialization is a subtle detail that makes the armor less boring and more desirable. It's the difference between making the player think "I should upgrade my armor to get better resistances and stats" versus making the player think "I want to upgrade my armor to get better resistances, stats, and those cool bonus effects it has."

Not hating on OTM, but dragonlord armor…
This armour was forged by the legendary hero Fingal for the purpose of fighting dragons.
…was not really forged for the purpose of fighting dragons (boring equal resistances). If I was making armor to fight a dragon, I would at least give it more heat resistance to protect against the fire breathing part.

Again, no disrespect intended.

Last thing: I was going to draw a ranger but it was much easier to draw the daggers than draw a bow/quiver with arrows. Midnight Raven armor should be similar (or identical) for rangers.
Last edited by Swan on Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Good luck deciding a winner, lots of good artists here.
____________________________________________________________________________________
____________________________________________________________________________________
Immortalius Lvl 215+ Warrior
Vyper Lvl 196 Ranger

Aeon
Taranis