Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Off hand Mage items

An admin asked for ideas for upcoming off hand items in the other post, so I thought I would make it a new post.

Here are a few of my ideas:
Since mages are heavy dmg dealers not heavy dmg takers, I would love to see some sort of stat boost, for example an orb that gives +1 to fireball, or the energy well.

If that is too much, extra profiency (ability) would be great, like +4 to ice skills

Sometimes a base stat could use a boost, for example +2 to vitality or focus.

Also, for powerful orbs, they could have a negative effect coupled a great effect: say -5 vitality, but +4 to ice shards

Again, just some of my ideas, can't wait to see what others come up with.
New to the game? Find your answers here: Tips for Beginners

“A man only becomes wise when he begins to calculate the approximate depth of his ignorance.” -Gian Carlo Menotti

Re: Off hand Mage items

Because I asked before about area spells.
Maybe t's possible to have an area effect. All the mobs close to the target wearing "this orb" will attack xx% slower, do less dmg, allies in area attack faster.

Something like that.

Maybe it's fun that some offhand items add a extra skills that you can't buy. Example
If you wield a lantern or something you get an extra skill called Flash that blinds the target for xx seconds. and if you wield an other orb the skill will disappear again from you skill list.
Follow me & keep in contact :D
Instagram
The Tavern Discord Server

I really like the idea of items giving unique skills. They would have to be rare items, but it would certainly set this game apart from many others. Also, it could be made so that all classes have can have rare items that give a unique skill.
Perhaps only one rare item avaiable for each class for every 10 levels, making each tier a stronger ability? This would keep people from using all of their rare items at one time.

“A man only becomes wise when he begins to calculate the approximate depth of his ignorance.” -Gian Carlo Menotti

One that reflects some of the damage inflicted.
One that absorbs some of the damage and transfers it into energy.
One that has a chance to stun (I don't know, just spitballing lol).
One that does burn/ice damage.
IGN: Nito (Mage)
IGN: Nitio (Druid)
World: Mabon
Clan: Rebels

We have made some and they will be going into the next update after this one. Since we have some more time we can look into giving them some nice and more unique effects as you suggest.
Awesome, can't wait to see what you guys chose/came up with!