Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Promotion rules: Advocate meeting Thurs 10/3/12 8:00 pm mst

Since we had our meetings last week I had planned on talking about leadership this week.

It seems to be the subject of the week as well; now that so much has been going on in clans and leadership. It seems like a great time to discuss:

What makes a leader?
and
How are leaders chosen in Advocate?

The simple answer to the first question is:
Leaders put others before themself.

It can get a lot more complicated than that, but that simple phrase is the foundation of all true leadership.
Sure there are dictators that rule by oppression, fear, and pampering thier "high up" members, but this type of leadership is fleeting and will eventually fail.

What I'm talking about leadership that will never fail and leave a legacy in the community and make an impact in peoples lives.

And it all comes back to putting other peoples needs before your own. Ie; laying your life down for the sheep. Bieng the servant, or ideally the slave.

The first thing that comes into my mind saying that, is I am not entirely like that. I fall short of that a lot. However I do think I hold to that enough for you to be able to notice it and apply those principles to your own life.

So how are leaders chosen in advocate?

Well the simple answer is if I and others can see that you put others needs before your own.

No one does this completley, and you should be the first to know what you need and ask for it. But what we are looking for is if you are willing to take things just a bit slower for yourself to help others and see them grow.

This can show itself by people thinking a person is "nice, fair, helpful, generous, ect."

Generals are responsible for promoting people to guardian who they can tell fulfil this principle.
Obviously they should see what other generals opinion is as well along with clansmen.

The Chieftan is responsible for promoting guardians to generals who he can see (with the help of generals and others in clan) this principle bieng lived out by them in game.

That is what we will be discussing during the meeting.

Come with questions and comments and let me know what they are before the meeting and I promise we will get to them at the end of the meeting.

Hope to see all of Beleneus there at the tavern at 8pm thursday mountain standard time! Good night.
Last edited by mdimarco on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a class where skills cost more than other classes for same damage?
Why play a class with no auto attack?
Why play a class with 1/3 the armor?
Why play a caster?

Copy this sig! :)

Wiki: http://www.wisdomunderground.com/wiki

Re: Advocate and branch clan meeting Thurs 10/3/12 8:00 pm m

So we talked about the above plus some other tidbits:

Hackers can see in game chat, so if you have told anyone your username and password in game in the last month, you cannot be a guardian or general since a hacker could have seen the message.

Some other things that will be considered before promoting anyone to guardian or general:

Level
Amount of time you are in game
Length of time in clan
Consistancy, not leaving and rejoining clan a bunch.

These are just general things and are not hard and fast rules.

Also there are no perks to bieng a guardian or general. This is to sort out those who want to serve the clan in a position of leadership, and those who want perks. There are no perks, just extra work and responsibility to be a guardian or general. You have to listen to and help solve peoples issues. Not a really fun job.

Generals may be clan banks, but they need to be trustworthy enough to not give themself priority, they only hold things for the clan. How these banks distribute drops is layed out in other posts on the beleneus forum.
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a class where skills cost more than other classes for same damage?
Why play a class with no auto attack?
Why play a class with 1/3 the armor?
Why play a caster?

Copy this sig! :)

Wiki: http://www.wisdomunderground.com/wiki

Re: Advocate and branch clan meeting Thurs 10/3/12 8:00 pm m

i told u something about the generals beings banks
most of the generals were high lvls, and now most of them joined to the higher lvls advocate
even that im not in the clan anymore, u need to get maybe some ppl that u know that they're trustworthy, and they'll be ur clan banks, and like i said when u wanted to promote me, dont promote when im areadly high lvl and i'll leave\join the higher lvls advocate, u need to change something for this so u wont need to change clan bank each week
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex