Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

The Roaming Boss *Evil Face*

Well I have come to the conclusion that this is a simple, straight foward, solution to camping bosses, especially Event Bosses.

Is it possible to make the boss spawn in any random location across lirs reach? Like the meteor wisp quest bosses did? Maybe even move around

Not only would it reduce the amount of camping, but it also makes it more interesting because we constantly have to go out in search for this boss rather than stand at a location waiting for it to come up. Leave your feedback :D
Last edited by SpiritHealer on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: The Roaming Boss *Evil Face*

+ 1

A lot better than having people set timers irl,many just op on for one boss then log off. Where's the fun in that?
I will occasionly browse the forums, but for the most part im done.

If you wish to contact me, please feel free to message, as my E-mail is hooked up with the messages :D

Thank you everyone, for making this a special game.

Just wanted to be the first to say that I knew this request was coming, and called it a few weeks ago:
When clans camp for hours on end for these temporary bosses, I expect these few people to say they want the spawn point randomized.

http://www.onethumbmobile.com/celticher ... 53#p117017
And I stand by my original conclusion
My point here is that it seems like a lot of posts here lately beg the admin to intervene when that person should just learn how to play the game
So lets cut straight to the point and create a patch that just gives all drops to SpiritHealer.
YouTube | Mystery Chest Simulator | Cooking Guide | Legacy Boss Guide

Just wanted to be the first to say that I knew this request was coming, and called it a few weeks ago:
When clans camp for hours on end for these temporary bosses, I expect these few people to say they want the spawn point randomized.

http://www.onethumbmobile.com/celticher ... 53#p117017
And I stand by my original conclusion
My point here is that it seems like a lot of posts here lately beg the admin to intervene when that person should just learn how to play the game
So lets cut straight to the point and create a patch that just gives all drops to SpiritHealer.
Coming from the guy in the hoarding top clan :lol:

Let's cut to the point. How does this benefit me? It doesn't. It's for the benefit of everyone. Makes it much more fun to search for the boss than stand like a mime waiting for it.

You didn't even give a relevant argument here.

I understand your intention but to be honest I don't like this idea.
Camping is boring enough but to run around hours on end would be even more boring and higher levels would most likely still be able to monopolize these bosses due to haste boots/carpets/sleds/brooms.

Back when I used to play ultima online a lot of the bosses/rare spawns on our independent server used to be like that and I can tell you out of experience that it was incredibly boring to be constantly on the hunt and usually just a waste of time. (granted the uo world was much bigger than Lirs Reach but I used to play on a pvp server so there was at least always the thrill of running into "player killers")
half-healer/half-gorgeous

Camping is boring enough but to run around hours on end would be even more boring and higher levels would most likely still be able to monopolize these bosses due to haste boots/carpets/sleds/brooms.

Back when I used to play ultima online a lot of the bosses/rare spawns on our independent server used to be like that and I can tell you out of experience that it was incredibly boring to be constantly on the hunt and usually just a waste of time. (granted the uo world was much bigger than Lirs Reach but I used to play on a pvp server so there was at least always the thrill of running into "player killers")
If you seriously hate camping monopolizing clans, this is the solution. You can't argue against it because even with +1000 speed, lirs is big enough so that they can't find it instantly like they did with Ythair.

Ideas perfect in my idea. The boss could have no aggro range for all I care, he should walk the entire lirs reah area.

Or... have the same boss spawn, but have it spawn at different level ranges. One time it could be a level 80 boss that level 80-100 players can kill, the next time it might be a level 20 boss and only players level 1-20 could attack it. Anyone else who tried to kill the boss would just get a message "This creature is out of your level range" or something along those lines. This would prevent the Greedy Uber high levels from killing "every" boss and monopolizing the xp/loot and denying the newer and lower level players from participating in events and having fun as well. :twisted:
Stinkypants of Taranis
The fallen star clan, www.thefallenstarclan.blogspot.com

A knight is sworn to valor His heart knows only virtue His blade defends the helpless His might upholds the weak His word speaks only truth His wrath undoes the wicked.

If you seriously hate camping monopolizing clans, this is the solution. You can't argue against it because even with +1000 speed, lirs is big enough so that they can't find it instantly like they did with Ythair.

Ideas perfect in my idea. The boss could have no aggro range for all I care, he should walk the entire lirs reah area.
Sorry, but take the midsummer bosses e.g., your proposal would have somehow worked for Sunclaw maybe even hatchlings but you still needed a strong group of 100+ for solstice drakes and an even stronger group for Ythair. So in the end nothing would really change we would just have to do a lot more travelling, personally I don't see the benefit.
BTW in my experience most higher levels (myself included) eventually grew tired of Sunclaw, hatchlings after a short while and gave a lot of those drops away for free or didn't even show up at their spawns. Ythair is certainly a different story but he's an end game boss (sort of) and there are still not that many who can take him.

And given the choice between camping for a couple minutes and hunting for an indefinite time span, I definitely prefer camping at least I can chat with someone while doing that...
+1 for some sort of kill range for bosses. If you are level 145 you would not be able to fight a level 80 boss.
A kill range for bosses is the worst idea I can think of given all the quest items you need. It took me way over lvl 90 to get all the space rems I needed e.g. but following your proposal I shouldn't be able to participate in a Rockbelly fight at lvl 120??
half-healer/half-gorgeous