Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Stat suggestions

The general route that works well for me is 40 vitality, rest into focus. No dex or str.

ATM fire Mage works best for leveling. Max the three fire skills (max lure of fire first, then fire bolt, then fire cloak). My other two skills I leveled are energy shield lv10 and meditate lv9. Lv1 bandage wounds works good enough for me.

For stats I like the 4 focus, 1 vitality per level approach. It gives a moderate amount of health, but a pretty decent energy pool for lots of skill casting. 3/2 would work well also.
New to the game? Find your answers here: Tips for Beginners

“A man only becomes wise when he begins to calculate the approximate depth of his ignorance.” -Gian Carlo Menotti

OMG Kosher, I apologize but this has to be said and I'm sure other people are thinking it. Shut the hell up about mages needing dexterity!!! Fireball is uninterruptible so dex is pointless! The strength and dex of any Mage should be 5
Server: Arawn
Wolf lvl 104 Mage
Valyrix lvl 100 Ranger
Bronn lvl 93 Warrior
Kryxis lvl 70 Druid
LolCat lvl 90 Rogue
Player since v1.0, awwwww yea :D

Mages only need one spell that can't be interrupted for in-combat use. Although I would like to see at least one ice spell that is similar.

Most mages are fire based mages. They cast Cloak of Fire, Grab the mob with Lure of Fire, then Fire Bolt it to death. No dex needed. Also, Energy Shield negates the need to avoid hits.

“A man only becomes wise when he begins to calculate the approximate depth of his ignorance.” -Gian Carlo Menotti

Tell us kosher, how much fun are you having with your 100 points in dex? Or have you even made a Mage and played it to high levels?

Obviously you are too brain-rotted by other games to think differently.. But this is NOT OTHER GAMES. OTHER GAMES= IRRELEVANT when talking about something else which ISN'T those other games.

Nice to see this is your first mmorpg and I am sure never played table top
There are many RPG's that don't have dex as a requirement for spell casters.
But this is NOT OTHER GAMES. OTHER GAMES= IRRELEVANT when talking about something else which ISN'T those other games.
This is correct, This is not a table top game.

There is no "perfect" way to play each class, but some classes need certain stats more than others. In general, dex does help in avoiding attacks, but mages have abilities that get around the need for evasion. Besides, with only 5 points per level and no passive stat gain, mages have a higher need for energy than the need to evade attacks. Kosher is allowed to play how he/she wants, but at the same time, please provide legit evidence when pushing radical builds.