Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

A Bite for Bowen Fishing Quest

I’ve never fished much. So I can’t tell if this is a glitch or if I’m just missing something... wanted to ask the community before I report it as a glitch (if it hasn’t been already).

I’m trying to complete the “A Bite for Bowen” fishing quest. It says to give James Sandford 3 Whiting and “a pinch of basil”, and he will cook the Whiting Soup that I’ll need to give to Bowen. Problem is, I can’t turn the quest in... I found that I have 13 Whiting, and have bought 2 things of basil, but the quest icon (?) hasn’t popped up over James’ head. I can’t tell if I have to actually cook the soup myself or not... which wouldn’t make sense since James says that he would cook it. Even the quest in my log says that I’d have to give the ingredients to James before I can give the soup to Bowen.
Am I missing something, or is this actually a glitch? I noticed that this particular quest that requires me to gather items isn’t like the “normal” gathering quests that list what you need to gather.

Angmar Reid—Herne—169 Warrior
RagingRedhead—Danu—186 Warrior (currently more active)
I don’t rage quit, I ginger snap.

Re: A Bite for Bowen Fishing Quest

You need to cook it yourself - through him

I think what he means by him cooking it is that you have the option to make the soup through him - talking to him about Cooking opens up the cooking menu where you can cook several fishing-specific meals that boost fishing power/concentration regen as well as some stat boosting fish meals.

You are giving him the items to cook, and he is cooking them into a soup for you....but only from the cooking menu, it’s not tied into the quest by default. Then after that you need to give the whiting soup to Bowen.

Hope that helps make sense :P
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Re: A Bite for Bowen Fishing Quest

It would be nice if the description could be tweaked a little, though it may be tricky to do so while staying in character. Technically the current description is completely accurate - you bring him the ingredients, and he will cook it for you....the only caveat is that you have to specifically ask him to do it first!
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!