Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Immortal's Advanced Tanking Guide

Wow, this is an excellent tanking guide. Great job. I don't have a warrior but if I make one, I'll consider going full tank.

On another note…
Vitality increases HP by roughly 6.24 per point in Vitality
I believe vitality increases HP by exactly 6.25 per point.
+1 vit = +6.25 hp (total health is rounded on stats page)
+4 vit = +25 hp
+16 vit = +100 hp

Also, for this list of items:
USEFUL CONSUMABLE ITEMS FOR TANKS

Until you start earning gear from the boss itself, if you don’t have an excess of druids, you will find that you need at least one of the following items when you first tank tough bosses:

Gaston’s Pies (Increase max HP by 800, 1200 and 1600 depending on type for 10 minutes)
Winter Horn (Skill boosts HP by 15% for 5 minutes, Stacks with other HP boosting effects - Note: its not really a consumable)
Max HP elixir (Boosts HP by 20% + 200 for 15 minutes)
HP regeneration elixirs (Boost HP regen by 2-3% of your total HP – you can reach over 25000 HP with the best gear in game and buffs which means you can regenerate up to 750 HP per tick!)
Energy Regeneration Elixirs (same as above for energy - useful if your gear has no energy regeneration)
Super Combination Elixir (My favorite – Most useful Elixir - we all know what this does)
I think restoration potions should be added to this list. For emergencies of course. Because of this statement, the motto of a hardcore tank:
1) NEVER DYING – do whatever you have to do to stay alive even if it means spamming potions or using Super Combo Elixirs beforehand. If you die, you have failed.
And, maybe you should point out that the winter horn skill isn't a self-buff (your own character resists it if you equip the horn and try to apply it on yourself). You need another character to equip it, wait the x minutes it takes to cool down, and cast it on you (the tank). Good to do if you're early to a boss and waiting for reinforcements to arrive.

But I'm just nitpicking; overall, this is a superb guide. I love the pictures/diagrams, especially the first one.

I really hope I'm right about that health/vit thing, because if so I'll have some pretty huge bragging rights. :D

I really hope I'm right about that health/vit thing, because if so I'll have some pretty huge bragging rights. :D
Haha you are right, it should be 6.25
And, maybe you should point out that the winter horn skill isn't a self-buff (your own character resists it if you equip the horn and try to apply it on yourself). You need another character to equip it, wait the x minutes it takes to cool down, and cast it on you (the tank). Good to do if you're early to a boss and waiting for reinforcements to arrive..
Actually there is a way to cast it on yourself. If you cast the skill then switch out the horn before you finish casting (i.e. change weapon) you get the buff and it is not removed. Im sure that isn't intentional, just a neat trick.
____________________________________________________________________________________
____________________________________________________________________________________
Immortalius Lvl 215+ Warrior
Vyper Lvl 196 Ranger

Aeon
Taranis

That self-buffing winter horn trick is smooth. Never would have guessed that. Now I really want a winter horn…

At least now I can say that I know more about vitality than the beast Immortal tank! 8-) Jk, 0.01 off is no biggie
Technically, you don't know more about hp than he does. Youknew more about hp than he did. :)
Psalm 46:10 He says, "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

Solumbum-200
WeldenS-36
BlodgarmS-35
EragonS-27

Junior Journalist of the Dal Riata Daily Enquirer

Proud Clansman of Divergent

Technically, you don't know more about hp than he does. Youknew more about hp than he did. :)
Don't be so sure of that, I still have my secrets… ;)
There is not all that much to know about hp.
Psalm 46:10 He says, "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

Solumbum-200
WeldenS-36
BlodgarmS-35
EragonS-27

Junior Journalist of the Dal Riata Daily Enquirer

Proud Clansman of Divergent

Hey will u be updating the guide to include the new items from this event? If so i can help with the information greatly, so pm me if u can
Yes i will be, but studying for final exams at the moment so will update it when i get some free time. I have access to items database if that is what u mean by helping? Otherwise feel free to pm me if its something else. Appreciated.
Immortalius Lvl 215+ Warrior
Vyper Lvl 196 Ranger

Aeon
Taranis