Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

A guide to "Pulling"

So let me preface this post by saying I am a fan of great tanks, but I am not one in this game, I'm a Druid. So if you need to take what I say like grains of salt...I respect that.

It seems that few tanks or dps warriors for that matter understand Pulling. And albeit, rangers with bolas are far better suited, but a lot of the finer points that seem to be missed by noob-warriors are the idea of attacking a mob (monster/creature) and then "pulling it" to an area that won't see the party attacked by other red mobs.

A good example of this is during the Wildsnout tail quest, if you fight Wildsnout(60) in the center of that area you will hafta face 2+ boar Respawns. Instead you can attack it and retreat to the cusp of the area and fight it freely with no interrupting from aggro which will roll your healer.

Many times pulling is just a matter of attracting the attention of what you want to kill and then retreating to a safer area where your group can kill it uninterrupted. As said, classes beside Warriors can pull as well with ranged bolas, arrows or spells, but a Warrior who understands how to pull is invaluable to any small party.

These are all pretty mundane points for longtime MMO players, they understand "Aggro" "Kill Stealing" "Mobs" "Tanks" & "Pulling". But I find more often than not many warriors, even lvl 45+ warriors just don't have a grasp on the finer details of these kinds of group dynamics.

Yathor (or Krannik, his experienced Warrior) added this addendum to pulling. Thanks Yathor!
You might want to add in your guide the "Pushing" method, which works very well on high level bosses.

To successfully "push" an enemy, you must walk slowly to them, without going past their circle (when you target an enemy, there is a circle on the floor). The area should be clear behind the monster too (if someone stands behind the mob, he wont be able to move)

And I just wanted to make a post that might help inform newer Warriors to the MMO genre.

Take care,

Tea
Last edited by Teaweasel on Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Teaweasel 121 Druid (Morrigan, Clan: Avalon, On Hiatus)
Teaweasel 133 Druid (Arawn, Retired)
Best Build is a 30/30 in Thinking for yerself ;)

Re: A guide to "Pulling"

You might want to add in your guide the "Pushing" method, which works very well on high level bosses.

To successfully "push" an enemy, you must walk slowly to them, without going past their circle (when you target an enemy, there is a circle on the floor). The area should be clear behind the monster too (if someone stands behind the mob, he wont be able to move)

Edit: Anytime Tea :)
Last edited by Yathor on Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.