Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

VIt vs DPS?

Which warrior would win? Or is my skill build just that better? I was told giant swing is a waste so I invested in pummel and guardian stance and shield bash. :)

Hasn't failed me so far and since I won't waste money on achient plate I won't buy those just skip to wardens, I dun care if wardens sucks too it's cheaper. Guy has full achient plate and sword, and is 10 levels higher, same attack and even more hp than me??? What did he do wrong and what did I do right? lol Been killing some cheaters also that are higher than me, (going to tavern and getting that massive rejuv). Mages are my only problem, c'mon only protection is like, achient, one step lower than plate. Made her in like 2 days so level 39 isn't that bad. Know I'm not spelling acheint/achient correctly, so how is it spelled? :s We both have heroic ammy, but I didn't know that being the one with heroic haste gloves does that much of a dpsvs impact since that's the only advanatge I can think of. Maxing guardian pummel nd sheild is due to what mobs im currently training on. On another note, shield bash should be longer. Can only get one hit or two. :s
Ashley A - Mabon - Novalis - 222 - Mage
Azona - Mabon - Novalis - 209 - Druid
0x15 - Mabon - Novalis - 216 - Rogue

Allymia - Epona - 220 - Rogue
Fire Mage - Epona - 220 - Mage

Aethinry Donn - Belenus - 221 - Warrior
Dakara - Belenus - 200 - Mage

Re: VIt vs DPS?

Well firstly, it's spelt "ancient" ;)

When it comes to pvp, a tank build is generally the better build. When against mages, a hybrid build is optimal. However, a dps build is almost never a great way to go for duel. Dps gear should not be mistaken for a dps build.

I agree, giant swing is too weak for duels! It has been over nerfed in my opinion. Also, If you plan to level your warrior high an continue duelling, get an offhand weapon. The dps provided by offhand weapons out-weigh the benefits of a shield.
SirBlaze333 - 220+ Warrior
(Returning Player)

And it took me three weeks to get my ranger quiver. ._. Sometimes it's just a faze with me so I might not. I know the armor isn't what makes the dps build. The stats and skills are what make the build. :P What if I did total dps stats and then got royal, grand, fabled guardian stance? :P That would make me a tank and a dps. :0

I don't like fighting mages, the mages either almost kill me or a couple levels lower almost kill me. Also I think I fought noobs with bad energy shields so when I meet a real mage imma doomed. :s

Is equal build a bad thing or should it be either or? I wouldn't want to leave ma shield because I like the bashing. :s

The main reason why in pvp tank builds are usually better is because atm most damage is dealt from elemental damage like the ice sword off hand when fighting someone this alone deals around 150 while ur main hand sword adds another 100 because players have more resists for physical damage. Since most damage comes from elemental damage mainly both ppl will deal around the same damage as long as they have the same gear which just leaves who can take a better beating to win. As for giant swing i find for mages its useful since i usually break the eshield much faster usin it then not using it.

Ok...so I won't grab swing but it seems as a noob state we having dps is a good thing? But later it wouldn't help as much?

If your looking for best PvP build it will usually consist of a lare portiong of hp, I am currently PvP build and I have 4000hp and over 1k dmg, i fing it best to only use pummel and i have very low energy because i dont need much in PvP fights
World- Mabon
Lvl 227 rogue- Bangin
Lvl 150+ warrior- Sergio1575

So to what stat of stre should I do until I stop? (Rangers who actually take the time to bolas you) Slowly wipes out their energy. But also if they have rejuvs, your doomed if you can't over dps them before they heal. I'm a ranger with low hp lots of dps with a huge heal. 587 I win basically all pvp fights with warriors because I do that. So how would you kill me? Each time I run away safely they got half my hp gone so I heal, which gets to full hp, and then I attack them and bolas again and the same process. Killed a level 120 easily. (level 109 ranger)

Just choose the better build sir, either be tanker higher HP, or a Killer more on building damage type...
I preferably on Pvp High Hp type,

Last edited by kofikingston on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

I have a decent amount of experience in pvp and with that experience, I've learned that being a tank with an elemental golden blade is the best way to win.
Except I still can't beat rangers. :roll:

I'm not the highest rank out there, but I think being a "Powerful Gladiator" is pretty respectable. I think I'm almost formidable haha.