Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

The Rogue: Role, Build, Stats, and Gear

This guide is intended to provide you with the basic tools and knowledge to play the rogue class. It will offer insight on roles, stats and equipment. By the end of the guide, you should be able to successfully choose your path as a rogue: a strength-based damage dealing ninja who relies on autos and devastating skills to annihilate his opponent, or a dexterity-based survivor who, while heavily relying on skills, will still dish out decent auto.

NB: The guide assumes that the reader can purchase luxury items and platinum items.

Abstract
Rogues are stealthy and dexterous characters, able to sneak up on foes and backstab them from hiding. They focus on dodging attacks rather than withstanding damage and tend to eliminate their foes in the least amount of moves possible. They are extremely skilled with daggers, often dual-wielding them and rely on their speed and rapid strikes rather than sheer damage output. Masters of stealth, their brutal yet efficient tactics make them a force to be reckoned with.
I. Introduction

The Rogue is undeniably the most liked and played class in Celtic Heroes. Boasting a wide skill pool that allows them to not only dish out damage but survive, rogues offer an all round easy game experience that appeals to a wide audience. As with other classes, rogues can specialize in three different roles: pure damage, hybrid or survivor. Choosing one is purely a matter of preference, however different instances and goals may mean switching roles to adapt.

II. Rogue Builds

1. Strength Build

The strength-build is a very potent build that is primarily used (and I recommend strongly) at higher levels. It is particularly useful for rogues who have reached level 190 and above and whose focus has shifted towards killing raid bosses. This build is primarily used to inflict as much damage possible to the opponent through high autos and powerful skills.

a. Roles

The main role of a strength-build rogue is to deal damage to his opponent (i.e: raid boss and/or adds)

This obviously means that your stat points need to be primarily dumped into strength and that your skill pool should be primarily focused on strength-based skills. Your goal is to kill your opponent as quickly as possible and if you are assigned adds this is primordial because if the druids are hit, then the tank dies and the mission fails.

The second, most important role is to keep yourself alive because if you keep dying and get hit by the curse, then the fight will grind to slow halt and the druids may be killed and if you have not managed to get back up and help, the boss could enrage in the long run or kill the tank. This entails being alert for adds and also having enough HP or enough time to dodge AOE's.
Long story short:
Deal damage, Evade damage
b. Stats
(Mindset of 190 + rogue)
  • 200 vitality (or 5 if you have Magic or Heat Garanak Set)
  • 100 dexterity
  • Rest in strength (aim for above 1000)
c. Skills

Listed are the skills to use and the formula used to calculate their theoretical damage as provided by Swan's Index.
Level 50 Quick Strike Damage = 72.848*sqrt(Strength) + 20.526*sqrt(Cunning) + 369.37
Level 50 Rend Tick Damage = 16.449*sqrt(Strength) + 5.0892*sqrt(Cunning) + 152.46
Level 50 Shadowstrike Damage = 91.069*sqrt(Dexterity) + 25.62*sqrt(Cunning) + 432.54
Level 50 Sneaky Attack Damage = 121.82*sqrt(Strength) + 54.694*sqrt(Cunning) + 1000.4 + Auto Attack Damage
Level 50 Assassinate Damage = 162.38*sqrt(Strength) + 72.473*sqrt(Cunning) + 1639.7 + Auto Attack Damage

d. Equipment

Neck:
Garanak Poison Amulet = Garanak Frost Amulet > Garanak Heat/Magic Amulet > Unhallowed Necklace of the Behemoth > Midnight Talisman of Midnight = Amulet of Annihilation

Note that Garanak Frost Amulet is better in some instances where the raid boss is immune to Poison Damage (i.e. The Necromancer, Urchaid the Overlord)
Misc.:
Garanak Poison Charm > Garanak Heat/Frost/Magic Charm > Sunfire Charm (Poison preferably) > Natan Charm = Batfang Charm
Bracelets:

Hrungnir Heat Damage Bracers = Necromancer Band of Double/Sneaky Attack > Mordris Quick Strike/Assassinate Bracer > Troll Bracers (any combination of strength, dexterity and vitality)

Rings (x4):
  • Garanak Ring to complete your set
  • Reaper Ring
  • Hrungnir Damage Rings = Mordris Rings > Necromancer Rings > 2 more garanak rings (dex, vit) = Arachnus Quick Strike Ring (Imperial or Godly) > Arachnus Ring of Power
Head:
Mordris damage Helms > Any other Mordris Helm (HP ones if low vitality) > Natan Helm (if no full DL)

Weapon:
Mordris Spear + DragonLord Rondel (+haste) is the best possible skill and auto damage output < Necromancer Dagger < Dragonlord Dagger

=========================================================================================

2. Dexterity Build
The dexterity build, and my personal favorite build, is a very potent build particularly useful for lock fights and leveling. It provides great burst damage at the cost of high-autos but can be remedied at higher levels through the use of Mordris spears.

a. Roles

The main role of a dexterity-build rogue is to deal burst damage to his opponent (i.e: raid boss and/or adds)

This obviously means that your stat points need to be primarily dumped into dexterity and that your skill pool should be primarily focused on dexterity-based skills. Your goal is to kill your opponent as quickly as possible and if you are assigned adds this is primordial because if the druids are hit, then the tank dies and the mission fails.

The second, most important role is to keep yourself alive. This is greatly facilitated in this build as compared to the strength build, the use of fast reflexes which provides an excellent defense boost. This in turns helps you evade autos.
Long story short:
Spam those skills
b. Stats
(Mindset of 190 + rogue)
  • 200 vitality (or 5 if you have Magic or Heat Garanak Set)
  • 100 strength (for 150 axe wielders and/or rondel rogues) or 5 strength (if you have Garanak Poison/Frost Set)
  • Rest in dexterity (aim for above 1000)
c. Skills

Listed are the skills to use and the formula used to calculate their theoretical damage as provided by Swan's Index.
Level 50 Fast Reflexes Defense Boost = 33.097*sqrt(Dexterity) + 10.568*sqrt(Cunning) + 208.2
Level 50 Life Steal Health Stolen = 32.043*sqrt(Dexterity) + 9.2872*sqrt(Cunning) + 188.01
Level 50 Poison Weapon Damage Boost = 2.1081*sqrt(Dexterity) + 0.96074*sqrt(Cunning) + 46.799
Level 50 Quick Strike Damage = 72.848*sqrt(Strength) + 20.526*sqrt(Cunning) + 369.37
Level 50 Shadowstrike Damage = 91.069*sqrt(Dexterity) + 25.62*sqrt(Cunning) + 432.54

d. Equipment

Neck:
Garanak Poison Amulet = Garanak Frost Amulet > Garanak Heat/Magic Amulet > Unhallowed Necklace of the Behemoth > Yule Dexterity Pendant
Misc.:
Garanak Poison Charm = Garanak Frost Charm > Garanak Heat/Magic Charm > Natan Windstrider Charm (dexterity) = Batclaw Charm (dexterity)
Bracelets:

Hrungnir Cunning Ability/Health Bracers = Necromancer Band of Double Attack/Life Steal > Mordris Quick Strike/Life Steal Bracelet > Troll Bracers (any combination of strength, dexterity and vitality)

Rings (x4):
  • Garanak Ring to complete your set
  • Reaper Ring
  • Hrungnir Damage Rings > Necromancer Rings > Mordris Vampirism Ring = Urchaid Quick Strike Ring > 2 more garanak rings (dex, vit)
Head:
Mordris Dexterity Helms > Hrungnir Shadowstrike Helm (lock battle must have!) > Natan Helm (if no full DL)

Weapon:
Mordris Spear + DragonLord Rondel (+haste) is the best possible skill and auto damage output > Necromancer Dagger < Dragonlord Dagger

=========================================================================================

NB: As it currently stands and especially with the advent of Garanak Loot, it is possible to tap in the power of these two builds to achieve maximum DPS. You will still have 200 vitality through the use of gear of stats, but the Garanak gear will provide you with enough points to have both strength and dexterity at high levels making you capable of using skills as well as autos. Skill pool becomes a mix of both the aforementioned skills.

III. References
A big thank you to the following people:

- Swan's Auto-Attack and Skill Formula Index - http://celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewtopi ... ilit=index
- The site that must not be named - A

That's it for now. Feedback is much appreciated and will be used to improve the guide. If you have questions, hit me up, I'm here to help.
Peace, Arj
Last edited by Arjunlite on Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Druid Guide - Role, Build, Stats and Gear
Rogue Guide - Role, Build, Stats and Gear
Dual-Device Guide - For The Hardcore Players
Dragonlord Armour Revamp - Compilation Thread

Re: A Guide to Playing a Rogue

Great guide, you put some work in here. I would say that necro rings with weapon ability are better than hrung dmg rings (of the same tier), that many rogues still use aggy braces (especially sneaky, str, dagger ones), and that tou forgot to mention the new event helms, rings, and misc charms. But, I love the guide.
Edit: you also might mention the support rogue skills at some point or another. Some rogues do use them (especially with a dex build) to help out their clan or etc.
(Not active at the moment)
SmartOne: level 191 Mage
SneakyOne: level 185 Rogue
Learn about Lugh ➙ http://bit.ly/15My6OK
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."
-Mark Twain

Good job, but sorry to say there is no qs necro bracelet,
Overall its a great guide! :)
My bad. Thank you and fixed!
Great guide, you put some work in here. I would say that necro rings with weapon ability are better than hrung dmg rings (of the same tier), that many rogues still use aggy braces (especially sneaky, str, dagger ones), and that tou forgot to mention the new event helms, rings, and misc charms. But, I love the guide.
Edit: you also might mention the support rogue skills at some point or another. Some rogues do use them (especially with a dex build) to help out their clan or etc.
Thank you very much. I have not had the chance to experiment with those, I am thinking they would be great for dexterity rogues right? I will look into it today and update it. Maybe add QS rings for both builds.
Good job.

I like the picture at the top of the guy about to attack..not sure if he's just really tall or jumped down on top of him :)
It does look badass. Assassin's Creed style :mrgreen:
Last edited by Arjunlite on Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gara bloodthorn set is useless on necro
I use a frost for the danage atr and dex
Agreed. However, I won't take it down from first choice gear as is it is the best for pretty much any other raid boss (i.e. DL, Aggy, Mordris) except for Urchaid the Overlord.

If you want, I can make the sign =? I made it equal under dexterity build but wasn't 100% sure for strength.

Good guide, i just think u forgot about some mordy items such as quick strike brace, and/or quick strike silverweb rings. Both have awesome bonuses and will eventually lead to qs being top skill imo.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Not sure why reflexes life steal and pw are un your skill set
What build are you suggesting for the endgame rogue?
Also why damage rings which can be easily trumped by mord skill rings
pigman, with the fury of the pigs and the mind of a man
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon
put your pants on, we're going out