Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Rogue Skills, what's your preference?

I have been using the heck out of the quick strike skill lately, casting it two or three times on a target. It has become my standard strategy for most fights. I find I'm using rend and sneaky less and less. I don't feel like I'm getting much value from rend because I only see a small damage number come up once or twice during a battle. Once every three or four hits maybe? Seems like the energy could be better used for another quick strike. I know sneaky can make a big hit but having to hide first isn't always an option when things get crazy. I just got poison today and am anxious to see how that works over time. I am not seeing a big increase in damage with just two or three skill points on it. Maybe it will be more impressive with more points invested. Kind of cool that you can cast it on your friends though.

So what are you relying on for your rogue's attack strategy?

Athos
Rogue 33
Arawn
Athos, Rogue, Arawn
Myrddin, Mage, Arawn
Talon, Warrior, Mabon

Re: Rogue Skills, what's your preference?

Ah I tend to spam quick attack as well doing 80-120 each hit. Rend is useful because it is cast once and for me does about 150 damage in that 15 seconds which may not seem like much but is worth it when you die from something that was maybe 1 hit away from dying. Sneaky Attack I find useless now. Until it's boosted It is now a side thought. Poison weapon is a great skill and you should really upgrade it. For me it boosts it I believe by 17 damage and I have 117 to start with. For now though for me Rogues are becoming more suited for boss fights because with my build I deal tons of damage but die quickly. Using rend, quick attack and my normal I can have 3 hits pop up at once which is sweet since when that happens it's like 250 damage right there. In I think 3 hits I do about 400-600 damage using those 3 skills. Also for me I keep rend and quick attack not upgraded because I dont think it's worth it but I may try it out later.
World: Morrigan
Clan: Avalon
Name: DeathsShadow
Level: 87
Class: Rogue
Longest playing Rogue in Morrigan...

Re: Rogue Skills, what's your preference?

i use my rend only on 4-stars and above. same with fast reflexes. i always lead with my sneak attack, and unless they nerf it further, i always will. i almost never use poison. although, i have a book of alteration(and i'll have another after the quest). so maybe i'll reset and check it out and tell you what i think. as far as i'm concerned, fast refelexes and quick strike are really where it's at. sneak attack is a nice starting point but it's not what it was. so i won't save my energy to sneak attack a boss.

also fast reflexes is probably great for me becuase i have 120 dex alredy. i went heavy on dex after the update.

for normal leveling i would go with sneak attack, quick strike, and possibly fast reflexes. at the higher levels when you take on the 4-stars, it definitely helps. also hide is important for all rogues. i feel foolish saying it, as i maxed it first. we are assassins... we should never be seen by an enemy that might live to tell about it.
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions..."
World: Arawn
Annora (90)*****
Tsubame (66) ****
Tsunade (33)
LilRaven (25)

Clan: Serenity