Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Starting up a rogue

Hello there!
As the title suggests, I just started up a rogue. To my stats build, I've been working towards 1 Vitality 2 Strength and 2 Dexterity. I have just realised that at level 25, if I am not wearing the energy amulet from Crookback, my energy isn't enough to cast my skills. What am I doing wrong?

I also have to say that I went through some of the posts on sticky and I ended up more confused than when I first went there: most builds suggested are on the assumption that you'll spend platinum and they are kind of confusing.

Re: Starting up a rogue

All the melee classes have serious energy problems, especially at the beginning (warriors are even worse than rogues and rangers).
To all the new players without gold and platinum, I always suggest to use rabbit or pig as pet, to restore both energy and hp, and jewels with hp/energy reg.
Might be hard, but try to get one of these two pets and reach lvl 35 for the jewels with hp/energy reg sold in Shalemont (the neck with 20 hp reg 20 energy reg should be enough for a while).
Wolf mount can help a bit too: dex improves a bit some of your skills, focus adds a bit of energy and it has a piercing damage skill, that is perfect if you consider that the majority of mages use Lure of Assassin as 6th skill (that reduces the Piercing resistance of the target).

All the melee classes have serious energy problems, especially at the beginning (warriors are even worse than rogues and rangers).
To all the new players without gold and platinum, I always suggest to use rabbit or pig as pet, to restore both energy and hp, and jewels with hp/energy reg.
Might be hard, but try to get one of these two pets and reach lvl 35 for the jewels with hp/energy reg sold in Shalemont (the neck with 20 hp reg 20 energy reg should be enough for a while).
Wolf mount can help a bit too: dex improves a bit some of your skills, focus adds a bit of energy and it has a piercing damage skill, that is perfect if you consider that the majority of mages use Lure of Assassin as 6th skill (that reduces the Piercing resistance of the target).
Sorry for replying late, but I am not getting notifications for replies to my posts.
My problem is that my energy pool is short for my skills. I add no points into focus as all the builds I see never ever mention it, rather a distribution of points between Str/Dex/Vit.

Sorry for replying late, but I am not getting notifications for replies to my posts.
My problem is that my energy pool is short for my skills. I add no points into focus as all the builds I see never ever mention it, rather a distribution of points between Str/Dex/Vit.
Most of the builds you see probably rely on gear to provide energy (usually the Warden/Meteoric/Frozen/Dragonlord gear). In my opinion, a small amount of Focus is usually a good idea for most players up until level 130-140ish, when you can start to get more gear that gives you straight energy.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!