Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: How does Steady Aim work

#2
Batimaxc wrote:Can anyone explain how Steady Aim works.
I have a lvl 165 ranger and didn't put any points in Steady Aim so far, all the rangers I speak use it always. So, it is wise to put points in Steady Aim?


Steady Aim increases your attack (chance of hitting the enemy) and your damage. It increases attack a lot more than damage. I used to run with it maxed for a while when I was a dex build, because the damage boost was great. As I'm more of a hybrid now, I've dropped most of the points out of it, but still have a good 20 points or so in it from gear and spare points just for a small boost.

If you want the attack/damage boost, go for it. I'd recommend it over Sharpen Weapons, because the overall benefit is better. The downside is that it only affects you, instead of the entire group.
Eragon123 - lvl 220 ranger
Zamorak1 - lvl 220 mage
Retribution - Sulis
Sneaky o.O
Have questions about anything? PM me!

Latest Celtic Heroes Database Update: Character Creator! Go Team #WorldSkillsUSA!

Re: How does Steady Aim work

#3
Yes it’s one of the biggest DPS gains a ranger can get from skills, if you’re trying to be even a decent ranger you’ll use it. Not like there’s any alternatives for ranger either way.
Belenus
Nee 229 druid
ApplesBe 225 ranger
GetBashedX 222 warrior
Rainyy 200 rogue

Nuada
Meja druid

Re: How does Steady Aim work

#4
Apples-Bele wrote:if you’re trying to be even a decent ranger you’ll use it. Not like there’s any alternatives for ranger either way.


I don't necessarily agree. It's a good skill, yes, but that doesn't mean you have to use it... Some people find it more important to use different skills at different points depending on their gear and leveling style. That's the beauty of an open skill tree.
Eragon123 - lvl 220 ranger
Zamorak1 - lvl 220 mage
Retribution - Sulis
Sneaky o.O
Have questions about anything? PM me!

Latest Celtic Heroes Database Update: Character Creator! Go Team #WorldSkillsUSA!

Re: How does Steady Aim work

#5
Eragon123 wrote:
Apples-Bele wrote:if you’re trying to be even a decent ranger you’ll use it. Not like there’s any alternatives for ranger either way.


I don't necessarily agree. It's a good skill, yes, but that doesn't mean you have to use it... Some people find it more important to use different skills at different points depending on their gear and leveling style. That's the beauty of an open skill tree.
before level 100 i would never recommend using steady aim to anyone. After that however it should be in every rangers build whether that be str, dex, hybrid, support (supposedly that is a thing :$).
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Arawn
Ventius - some level 227 noob in badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

Re: How does Steady Aim work

#6
Apples-Bele wrote:Yes it’s one of the biggest DPS gains a ranger can get from skills, if you’re trying to be even a decent ranger you’ll use it. Not like there’s any alternatives for ranger either way.
in theory yes. However it must be active for a certain period of time before it becomes a dps gain. After all, you are casting it at the expense of autoing. I worked out how long it had to be active for me a while ago so il edit the post once i find it
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Arawn
Ventius - some level 227 noob in badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

Re: How does Steady Aim work

#8
Ventius wrote:
Apples-Bele wrote:Yes it’s one of the biggest DPS gains a ranger can get from skills, if you’re trying to be even a decent ranger you’ll use it. Not like there’s any alternatives for ranger either way.
in theory yes. However it must be active for a certain period of time before it becomes a dps gain. After all, you are casting it at the expense of autoing. I worked out how long it had to be active for me a while ago so il edit the post once i find it


That's only if you have to cast it while autoing though which should really only happen on lix (or boss). I know both those cases are actually very likely, but in each there would obviously be a dps gain unless your about to kill whatever it is your fighting, as your almost always gonna keep shooting away at something as you continue. I'm pretty sure that's instinct to go for the kill instead of letting a mob sit at low hp while you "steady" yourself too so that's not really an issue. (That instinct sometimes gets me killed when I'm also low and that dps just isn't good enough.)

I do like doing the actual dps calcs also, they are pretty useful (and pretty essential) to getting that extra dps out of your character and getting the best bang for buck with that next skill point.

Re: How does Steady Aim work

#10
giruf wrote:i have a weird question .. i played the game last year and now im back to it .. everyone is talking about steady aim which i dont have... i can get it from somewhere? or....?


Hey, welcome back to the game! You can get Steady Aim from Cathal the Ranger in Farcrag Castle, located up the stairs in one of the little grassy areas to the North-East.


Image
Eragon123 - lvl 220 ranger
Zamorak1 - lvl 220 mage
Retribution - Sulis
Sneaky o.O
Have questions about anything? PM me!

Latest Celtic Heroes Database Update: Character Creator! Go Team #WorldSkillsUSA!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests