Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Ranger end game dps guide

Im confused what you mean about using moon helm and swapping dg helm for sharpshot? Just leave the full dg set equipped. If you wanna swap a helm, a charm, a ring and a brace for EVERY ss cast then you can go for it. I wouldnt because it would affect your other skill casts negatively. It takes longer to do 4 swaps than 2 and that would also mean you have to have extra hotbar pages meaning more swaps and slower swaps. Either you wouldnt even be able to fit the skill on the same page as the swaps or some of the gear would have to be put onto a second page. Not a good idea. Swaps give a big dps boost but there is also a point where it becomes too many and you begin to lose out on some dps. By that logic are you saying you would also be swapping a helm when casting every other dex skill aswell? I dont think so. Just leave the dg helm on for all skills.

As for swapping the venom charm and sureshot there are very few bosses i would bother doing this on. When swapping, the very next auto you make will be with the swapped gear rather than your regular charm. In order to be a dps gain the sureshot must increase your ss damage by more damage than what the sunfire charm would boost your auto by. For that reason, its a bad idea to try swap this on: any dl, hrung, mord, 185, 195, 205 and 210 edl as you would lose dps

The horses range has been increased so its fine for a ranger now
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

Im confused what you mean about using moon helm and swapping dg helm for sharpshot? Just leave the full dg set equipped. If you wanna swap a helm, a charm, a ring and a brace for EVERY ss cast then you can go for it. I wouldnt because it would affect your other skill casts negatively. It takes longer to do 4 swaps than 2 and that would also mean you have to have extra hotbar pages meaning more swaps and slower swaps. Either you wouldnt even be able to fit the skill on the same page as the swaps or some of the gear would have to be put onto a second page. Not a good idea. Swaps give a big dps boost but there is also a point where it becomes too many and you begin to lose out on some dps. By that logic are you saying you would also be swapping a helm when casting every other dex skill aswell? I dont think so. Just leave the dg helm on for all skills.

As for swapping the venom charm and sureshot there are very few bosses i would bother doing this on. When swapping, the very next auto you make will be with the swapped gear rather than your regular charm. In order to be a dps gain the sureshot must increase your ss damage by more damage than what the sunfire charm would boost your auto by. For that reason, its a bad idea to try swap this on: any dl, hrung, mord, 185, 195, 205 and 210 edl as you would lose dps

The horses range has been increased so its fine for a ranger now
Swapping a moon helm out would surely be far more beneficial then a sharp brace especiailly in carrow and for hrung. Also the difference of the Dex with the skills won't make a huge diff. I say for sharp as u get a dmg bonus also
Hi

Aaaaaamazing guide! Just need 2godly prot bracers 2godly necro rings a godly anointed ring and a reaper ring!
(After I get dg, edl Quiver and a godly sureshot)

Should be in my mail any day now!
nice comment smartass. Think you should go read the disclaimer again. Vents guide has the best possible gear. Whether the gear tiers are godly or royal or grand shouldnt matter. Its the ideal gear and build. The gear to work towards in game...this guide teaches rangers like you how to get better
Thank you!
Even tho it was more ment like "fml I have no chance in hell to ever get that stuff. I might as well give up" more then trying to be a smart ass.
Dunkeelmeh lvl 223 druid
IKEA lvl 223 ranger
WHAAAAAA lvl 222 rogue
DING lvl 220 mage
CONCORDIIA

Aaaaaamazing guide! Just need 2godly prot bracers 2godly necro rings a godly anointed ring and a reaper ring!
(After I get dg, edl Quiver and a godly sureshot)

Should be in my mail any day now!
nice comment smartass. Think you should go read the disclaimer again. Vents guide has the best possible gear. Whether the gear tiers are godly or royal or grand shouldnt matter. Its the ideal gear and build. The gear to work towards in game...this guide teaches rangers like you how to get better
Thank you!
Even tho it was more ment like "fml I have no chance in hell to ever get that stuff. I might as well give up" more then trying to be a smart ass.
Anyone can get gears like this eventually. I dont even have every gear that i listed on this guide. It is simply gear to work towards winning/buying.

At one point i was rocking runic valour rings, 2 majestic prot braces and a dark crusades helm with 0 dg pieces and no reaper. Now i have dg body and gloves, godly and imp attack prot braces, imp barbs brace, godly and imp oblivs etc. It takes time, in my case years to get to the level of gear and knowledge that i now have but eventually i got there, just like anyone else can with time and patience.

I have since even started fresh on a totally new server, epona, and already have some of these gears as lower tiers. Its all about working one upgrade at a time
Arawn
Epona
Belenus

RIP badabing

Snazzy guide.

Don’t you think that a Royal BT Neck beats a Runic neck though? Of course it’s situational, but without getting deep into the numbers boosted attack means more consistent damage from Divine (Which is much more valuable than Heat) as well as the added physical damage.

Also, on lock fights lures and smokebomb is unlikely which gives the BT neck a massive advantage over the runic - especially when considering things like the AoE damage output of Unox. The added health can be a really good addition as well.
“Brevity is the soul of wit.”

Snazzy guide.

Don’t you think that a Royal BT Neck beats a Runic neck though? Of course it’s situational, but without getting deep into the numbers boosted attack means more consistent damage from Divine (Which is much more valuable than Heat) as well as the added physical damage.

Also, on lock fights lures and smokebomb is unlikely which gives the BT neck a massive advantage over the runic - especially when considering things like the AoE damage output of Unox. The added health can be a really good addition as well.
for survivability the BT ammy is by far better than a Runic Ammy. So for rogues inparticular I can certainly see the appeal of the BT ammy at Unox or gele or any aoe heavy boss. I will use my arawn ranger for example. I survived fine with 5k health. Had it not been for the way res operated during the non US hours I would have dropped down to 4K health so survival was certainly never really an issue. I had almost 19k attack in regular bossing build so if given the choice between 240 elemental damage with slightly less attack or let’s say 140 physical with a little more attack and a bunch of stat points that are already far into the plateau I would take the Runic Ammy almost every single time. Maybe necro would be the only exception where I’d rather the bonus attack would be more useful I guess. But as we both know, attack also begins to plateaus on bosses at some point so elemental damage becomes a more consistent boost in dps than attack would be.

It was said in the beta and has been asked for countless times since the release but BT ammies need elemental damage and to lose some of those stat points. Then a royal would be better like I’m sure it was originally intended to be. The royal ammy as it currently stands is something I like to call statpage gear. Sure your statpage may look amazing with all those extra stat points but in reality that’s all it is. A nice looking stat page.
Arawn
Epona
Belenus

RIP badabing