Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Ranger Advice?

I wouldn't say they're hard to level. They're slower to level as they often take longer to kill a mob, but not particularly hard. You won't be able to go toe to toe with mobs 3* and above, as you'll have lower health and armour typically, so will need to use bolas and kite these mob. Many see this slower leveling as boring, but personally I think the extra skill and involvement needed for kiting actually makes things less boring. For me the typical stand and spam the skills as they cool down until either you or the mob dies more boring. I find it satisfying to kill a 4* mob a couple of levels higher and still have 100% health at the end.
clanless in a clan filled world
- and happy to be so

I wouldn't say they're hard to level. They're slower to level as they often take longer to kill a mob, but not particularly hard. You won't be able to go toe to toe with mobs 3* and above, as you'll have lower health and armour typically, so will need to use bolas and kite these mob. Many see this slower leveling as boring, but personally I think the extra skill and involvement needed for kiting actually makes things less boring. For me the typical stand and spam the skills as they cool down until either you or the mob dies more boring. I find it satisfying to kill a 4* mob a couple of levels higher and still have 100% health at the end.
I see what you mean but so far it's pretty fun haha
Lugh
Rogue - Bugs 221
Been a Celtic Heroes Shill since 2011 ._.
"There are so many bugs in this game that sometimes it feels like I’m playing Starship Troopers"

Rangers are not hard to level i have been solo plvling my ranger since lvl 1 with decent xp and im 190 right now**
. I dont rely on restos but rainbow lix except no haste when leveling
any class is easy when you are plvling lol
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

While rangers can be slower then other classes they are also one of the cheapest classes to level. If you are not looking to spend a bunch of money on the game, or you are not feeding your ranger equipment and gold from a higher level character then they are a great first class option in my opinion.

If you keep light heal maxed you will never have to buy a Resto pot. In fact I am level 224 and other then 50 pots I got from fishing I never used them. While you can buy and use lixes to make things a bit faster you also wont need those to level.

All of the gold I made as I leveled I strategically spent on newer lux items, bows and quivers as well as Experience Lixes at the higher levels.

Rangers are only slow to level if you go strength; if you go dex they are on par with pretty much everything else. If built right you can even level fairly quick. What I am going to tell you will be nay sayed by the peanut gallery but try it out first and see for yourself. For the 1st 3/4 of all your leveling use explosive arrow, thorns, rapid shot, light heal, and last is your choice. Its all about playstyle. Round up 3-5 mobs and aoe them. Focus on the highest star mob first and work your way down. If you can ever pair up with a druid using bees youll mow down mobs faster than you can gather them up. Plus you can both heal each other. Gear-wise you want regen lux. Explosive arrow is a powerfull skill and the cost for using it is its intense mana consumption so keep mana regen in mind when gearing. Also get a couple pieces of explosive arrow skill boosting jewelry early on.
This build/playstyle will not work with a strength build. You must go dex. Dex adds to the damage of explosive arrow and other skills, and also gives you the survivability to take on 3-5 mobs at a time. Only a dex build gives you enough dodging. Youll die very quick if you try it as a strength ranger.
Black Company of Taranis

Mercenaries don't care about sides or politics, they care about getting paid.

Rangers are only slow to level if you go strength; if you go dex they are on par with pretty much everything else. If built right you can even level fairly quick. What I am going to tell you will be nay sayed by the peanut gallery but try it out first and see for yourself. For the 1st 3/4 of all your leveling use explosive arrow, thorns, rapid shot, light heal, and last is your choice. Its all about playstyle. Round up 3-5 mobs and aoe them. Focus on the highest star mob first and work your way down. If you can ever pair up with a druid using bees youll mow down mobs faster than you can gather them up. Plus you can both heal each other. Gear-wise you want regen lux. Explosive arrow is a powerfull skill and the cost for using it is its intense mana consumption so keep mana regen in mind when gearing. Also get a couple pieces of explosive arrow skill boosting jewelry early on.
This build/playstyle will not work with a strength build. You must go dex. Dex adds to the damage of explosive arrow and other skills, and also gives you the survivability to take on 3-5 mobs at a time. Only a dex build gives you enough dodging. Youll die very quick if you try it as a strength ranger.
Interesting strategy... Anyone else used this to good effect? What happens when you kill the mobs all at the same time, and you are stuck lixed in an empty room?
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Wrong section first of all, someone move this to rangers. Secondly rangers are undeniably the most boring and total grind when it comes to lixing, there's just no way around it. I suggest u group with a mage. Things will be better once your endgame and start bossing where this class truly shines.
Best advice that can be given is delete the toon and make a rogue