Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Endgame Ranger Build

Thats all up to date yeah. Only thing it doesnt show is that i hotswap a skain bloodthorn set, godly sharpshot mordy brace, royal proteus sharpen weaps ring and godly necral band of double shot. Atm I am also trying to get a high tier prot steady aim ring. There is an imperial in the clans bank that i have my eyes on :)
I see you have DG bp, would you still recommend your stats for someone without dg?
i would yes. The only difference without dg in that build is lower attack and damage but the rest stays the same. After trying full str, full dex and hybrid builds i found hybrid to work best even before i had any dg.
Betus,

Thats a very nice build. Congrats. Lots of hard work put into that toon. I was wondering if there is a way to hotswap more than one ring and bracer at a time?
ty :) hopefully i am understanding this correctly unfortunately the most that you can hotswap at a time is 1 of each slot. This is because if you add a jewlery to your hotswap then it will always change with either the left brace slot or top left ring slot. So if i wanted to hotbar a mordy sharpshot brace and a gelebron sharpshot brace i could do this however if i wanted to hotbar 2 sharpshot braces or 2 sharpshot rings then i would be unable to do this.
Ok interesting, cheers man :D

I reguarly have been respecing at end game to find a optimal hotspot. I' ve tried 1900 strength 600 dex, 1500 strength 1000 dex, 1000 strength 1500 dex , and 800 strength 1700 dex. Any ideas here?
of those i would take the 1000 str and 1500 dex personally. Dex is much more beneficial to a ranger than strength is. Dex boosts the skills, buffs as well as boosting attack where as the only benefit that strength has is boosting some more auto damage and that has diminishing affects. So unless you have atleast 11-12k attack unlixed i would advise 50/50 or higher dex than strength.
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

Betus,

what about something like 1250 st, 1250 dex?

or

1100 st 1400 dex...1200 st 1300 dex

Vs the 1000 st 1500 dex

Any insights?

atm im 800 st..1700 dex
ultimately it comes down to your attack. The higher your attack is, the more you can start to add into strength. 1000 str to 1500 dex is a good ratio for your stats. It would help a lot if i knew your gear. Is there any chance of listing what you have so that i could better help?
Arawn
Epona
Belenus

RIP badabing

Mordi helm of Earth
DG gloves
Rest of Armor EDL
EDL Bow and Quiver
Royal needles charm
Imperial argent core
Imperial Cruel Barbs
Imperial Oblivion
Royal Oblivion
Mighty Oblivion
Majestic Divine Ring
Storm Caller Ammy was using Shinestone Stalker neck

Thankyou Betus
Purtylee 223 Ranger Donn Concordiia

Some very nice gear there. I love my stargem storm caller ammy :) big help when competing with ice mages on crag and rev. Also making me jealous wishing that i had an imperial cruel barbs brace too :lol: A reaper ring would be a big boost to you. I am well aware how easy it is for someone to say just buy a reaper without thinking about price because they are so damn expensive...lol If you can not afford one then oblivion is the next best thing so you are fine there. One change i would definately suggest is replacing your misc. A skain stormleaf, gara bladeleaf, imperial/godly sureshot charm (providing you use sharpshot only) or a royal+ double shot recast misc would all be good options than the needles misc. It may mean needing to swap around a few skill points to make up for lost but well worth the change. Your damage certainly doesnt look like it would be much of an issue currently having earth helm, 3 oblivions, cruel barbs brace and majestic anointed ring. With all of that nice damage gear having high dex would definately help a lot. I think you said that you currently have 800 str and 1700 dex. I would suggest bumping your str up to 1000. It is around then when i start to think that the effects of adding higher str are not worth the attack i would be missing out on from adding dex instead. Also leaving you with plenty of dex still to benefit from the skill attack and buff boosts.

Am hoping that all made sense and helps. Coming up to midnight and wanted to be sure to reply before i went to sleep!
Arawn
Epona
Belenus

RIP badabing

Betus,

I really appreciate the feedback and insights.

Its always interesting to read your input on the class.

I use the following skills. I do find myself changing them at times to try to find a optimal point. I admit the DG gear is nice, but it does come at the expense of skill points.

Steady Aim 50
Sharp Shot 45
Bolas 42
Doubleshot 42
Light heal 44
Rapid Shot 44

Ive tired Sharpen Weapons at 50, but it just does not add much damage in my opinion vs what is lost in another skill when bringing Sharpen Weapons to the table.

Some say why Light Heal?

I find it invaluable. I am often i. bossing situations where the group is at a 5 or 6 star with no druid and I multitask, keeping that baby heal on the Tank. Also, I still farm for gold and on PH bosses or 5 stars it keeps me up. Otherwise I would fall.

Saves Big on restos.

I love rapid shot as well. I have lowered it, but always find myself respeccing it back up.

Ive even tried dropping sharpshot, raising strength to go higher autos, but seem to miss that "gap" Sharpshot fills.

Ive used the Imperial Sharpshot Charm, but the loss of skill points and Stat points going from needles to the Sharpshot Charm seemed to be a deficit.

I sometimes wonder if another Prot Argent Core, Umbral Core(hp), or Crimson core would serve better than the Cruel Barbs brace.

I have even used a Mighty Raining Arrows, which seems nice as well.

I had a Stalker neck, I did like that insta Dot, as it seemed to help a lot in short lock battles.

I wonder sometime if the Stalker neck is underrated.

I have found since selling the Stalker neck to get my Stormcaller, my energy is 2k instead of 3k.

I have started using the baby level divine ringin place of a valor to get energy back up to 2.4k. 3k does seem optimal though. Was using a Valor in that spot before.

With the valor ring I had 3k energy and 4.5 hp with the Stalker neck.

Now with the Stormcaller and a devine ring, I am at 2.4k energy 4k hp.

I wonder if A moon helm someday would be better than Earth. To me thats a tough call. Defense vs Energy and Magic damage vs Poison.

I also have a Preceptor Strength, Heat damage neck I use sometimes to see how it does.

I do at times miss that little extra from the insta dot of the Stalker neck.

I wonder at times if Simply adding a Necro Resurgence would fix the energy, hp issue. Its Bow, Foc, Hp might becuseful in my situation.

I went on a bit here, but wanted to share some of the things I wrestle with as I tweak this toon from time to time to try to get more out of it.

Always a pleasure discussing the class with You

Purtylee
Ranger 223
Concordiia
Purtylee 223 Ranger Donn Concordiia

I coild not sleep :roll: lol

You make some very good points. As for rapid shot, i will always haste on an edl 6* or raid boss. I believe that i have the skill at around 20 and that usually lasts me long enough at edl 5* till lock. Gives me just enough time to have active till lock when needed and not be expending too many points where they can usually be better spent elsewhere. I always start by casting: sharpshot, rake, edl wrath, dbl shot, stargem skill then rapid. Also gives me that little bit extra whenever i am soloing 4* ph.

It is true. With the addition of dg, you will lose skill points but these can all be fairly easily replaced through hotswaps. There are both mordy braces and gele rings to boost sharpshot. Prot rings to boost steady aim. Prot rings to boost sharpen weaps. Mordy braces and gele rings to boost light heal and finally some mordy rings to help with rapid shot points. Provided you have acess to these and you have enough hotbar spaces (i have 5 pages) it is reasonably easy to work around these lost skill points through dg.

Light heal is an under rated skill and can be very useful. We have a ranger who loves the skill and has saved my butt more times than i care to admit lol can definately come in handy in many occasions. It just does not suit my play style personally. After having had to kite crag and revenant 6* with no druids or tanks many times in the quiet hours of the day i can definately see light heal also being very useful here too.

I have not bought restos for my ranger in years tbh. Do not use them and saves me lots of gold. E lix keeps my energy bar full and the only place i really die are gelebron and proteus which are largely unavoidable when wearing a mordy helm and 2 pieces of dg.

Sharpen weapons is used by some and not by others. Mine adds around 190 damage at level 50. I love the skill and is a big help when grouped with other rangers rogues and warriors who can also benefit from the aoe buff. A dex build does it wonders.

The sharpshot charm will suit some and not others. If you can cover the lost points then it is 100% worth using. You do loose a small amount of str by switching from your needles charm but also gain attack and a large direct damage booster to sharpshot. Im trying to get a godly atm to replace my current charm. Big boost in dps from my current skain stormleaf charm :)

Since you use neither sharpen weapons or barbed shot, another argent brace would probably be more use to you as half the cruel barbs brace is of no use to you. You only benefit from the damage and bow ability. Although still very useful, it may pay to give a second argent brace a try. I would advise against getting a prot brace with health. Would be much better to get a crimson core brace(dex/vit/attack) or *forgot the name*(str/vit/attack). Attack is the best thing that we rangers have going for us and should never pass on a boost! These braces would also help you out with your health. 4k seems quite low even with the armour and resists of edl. I try to have around 5-6k and find that works best overall.

I have never liked raining arrows gele braces tbh. The skills are okay but i would rather use a prot attack brace or cruel barbs brace over it. Strength<Heat damage

The stalker ammy is an interesting choice. on a 4 or possibly 5*(unsure about this one) lock it would beat the stargem ammy. But on a 6* the stargem ammy is miles ahead in locking ability. A combination of higher damage boost as well as the attack boosting skill are much better on a 6* where as the insta cast tick skill of stalker ammy would lock the 4* ph much better. I also see where you are coming from energy wise. I am lucky to have a shadow duelists helm with 1250 energy boost on it which gets my energy up to a healthy 3k. Anything lower than that i started having energy issues as i dont use restos on my ranger in the live game. Resurgent necro rings would definately be a solution to this problem as you said. The only issue with that is that they are extremely rare:/

Stalker and stargem are both much better ammies for locking and overall dps than the perceptor ammy. No insta cast skill or attack boost are what let down this ammy.

A choice of a moon or earth helm is not easy and there is a lot to consider in deciding this. Both add attack so thats fine. The moon helm adds energy where as the earth helm adds defence. Energy is a lot more useful than defence so moon would win this section. As for damage types. Poison vs magic. Tower bosses resistance to magic is not too high and if you have a mage with magic lure attending then that works great. Poison is 100% the best in carrow and on hrung but in tower, mobs begin resisting it but not by too much. Necro is also immune to poison. If i had to choose one tho it would be moon over earth by the skin on my teeth.
Arawn
Epona
Belenus

RIP badabing