Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: How to be a Professional DPS Ranger

#21
I could argue into the finer detail but it's a good overview for Rangers to read through
Nice ammount of effort put in to writing this up hope 100% of Rangers who don't know how to be a ranger read and take something from it and use it ingame
World Danu
Clan Ascension (We Are 170 req) APPLY AThttp://www.ascension.pw
Enterage 226 Ranger
Magic Mike 215 Mage
Enters Magic 171 Druid in progress
Kalii 141 Warrior better tank then rich :P

Re: How to be a Professional DPS Ranger

#23
Dem0n wrote:
enterage wrote:I could argue into the finer detail but it's a good overview for Rangers to read through
Nice ammount of effort put in to writing this up hope 100% of Rangers who don't know how to be a ranger read and take something from it and use it ingame

What finer details is there to argue?


major thing is there is a massive build missing. Identical to Str ranger one but with Dex I've tried it and it's really good on necro and mordy. Also add oh into the mix high heal
Also Str Rangers shouldn't need Dex if doesn't use Dex quiver
World Danu
Clan Ascension (We Are 170 req) APPLY AThttp://www.ascension.pw
Enterage 226 Ranger
Magic Mike 215 Mage
Enters Magic 171 Druid in progress
Kalii 141 Warrior better tank then rich :P

Re: How to be a Professional DPS Ranger

#25
enterage wrote:
Dem0n wrote:
enterage wrote:I could argue into the finer detail but it's a good overview for Rangers to read through
Nice ammount of effort put in to writing this up hope 100% of Rangers who don't know how to be a ranger read and take something from it and use it ingame

What finer details is there to argue?


major thing is there is a massive build missing. Identical to Str ranger one but with Dex I've tried it and it's really good on necro and mordy. Also add oh into the mix high heal
Also Str Rangers shouldn't need Dex if doesn't use Dex quiver

It's a DPS guide, light heal is thrown out the door. If you're saying dex as a stat to add, for attack stacking yea, but it doesn't need special mention as a build. Dex as for skill build with longshot barbed shot etc, isn't a good dps setup so it has no place here.
Adrohan - 226 Rogue, Fingal
Get kills or die trying!
First Mordris n Necro kill on Android, nuff said
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=Adrohan
Image

Re: How to be a Professional DPS Ranger

#26
LeGenDzZ wrote:
Gazz wrote:Im a hybrid build and use explosive arrow and a dark necro bow of agonising strike for lixing. I go to the end room in forbidden halls (use blue pot) and pull a load and let the bow and exp arrow work away. it does eat res pots and sometimes an occasional light heal but its working great. I only cast exp arrow if there are 3 or more mobs on me.

Lvl 222
edl set
dl bow & quiver
flaming thorns quiver
trailblazer set
godly hrung brace (precision)
skain stormleaf charm
2x valour rings
haste ring

If you use it at multiple mobs then it might be effective, but that would mean you would need more plat items to stay alive and to support the skill.

Not a skill worth keeping for endgame bossing though.


No, i dont use it for anything but lixing. I was using spikes for a few days but decided its just not worth it when a necro aoe bow does the same job minus wasting skill points.

I prefer a high attack setup over anything, mainly because i can just auto and watch some tv but it works for me, hardly miss at 9k attack (roughly 10.something with pot also) and 3.2k dmg. I do get kills over rogues quite often not using doubleshot. Again imo another overrated skill because of the time taken to cast vs just autoing. I out dps other rangers with similar setups who do use it but i guess its down to preference (otherwise there would be no point in customisation)

Legogazz lvl 222 - laziest hard hitter on fingal

Re: How to be a Professional DPS Ranger

#27
Zyz wrote:
Curry30423 wrote:Explosive is also useful at bridge, if u can a tank or rogue to agro all mobs at start (rogue casts rip, you cast exp), it does massive damage. Haven't tried it myself but i heard it works pretty well.


Yeah all of our rangers in the towers were using it and loving it for a lixing skill. Most of them grouped with mages and you'd have a lot of aoe skill dmg going on and clearing out rooms so fast


Me and fokai done at 210 lol

Re: How to be a Professional DPS Ranger

#28
Dem0n wrote:
enterage wrote:I could argue into the finer detail but it's a good overview for Rangers to read through
Nice ammount of effort put in to writing this up hope 100% of Rangers who don't know how to be a ranger read and take something from it and use it ingame

What finer details is there to argue?


The fact its not concrete. People have different opinions on the class and there is different skills for different areas and set ups. I think he means its a good template for people who are unsure (an excellent one infact) but experience wins hands down

Re: How to be a Professional DPS Ranger

#29
saladin7 wrote:It's a DPS guide, light heal is thrown out the door. If you're saying dex as a stat to add, for attack stacking yea, but it doesn't need special mention as a build. Dex as for skill build with longshot barbed shot etc, isn't a good dps setup so it has no place here.


Ah my young padawan ;) light heal does have a place! Scenario... your on mord, she has her skill active what reks your hp as you hit her.
Do you:
A) stop hitting her?
B) keep hitting, idol back, cast sw and steady again?
C) cast a cheeky light heal and carry on pew pew?

Personally i think it goes hand in hand for dps, because the other options are either lacking in dps(stopping) or time consuming (casting 2 skills rather than 1) res pots could be an option also or used in sync for those low hp builds. Casting a few skills isnt going to help really, doubleshot is really the only option for dps as the others miss too often and 1 doubleshot doesnt outweigh the dmg recieved

Thats just on mord, rev 6* light heal defo helps top up when the druid is napping

I do agree on the other skills though.

*Hybrid for top build*

Re: How to be a Professional DPS Ranger

#30
Zyz wrote:
Loco cola wrote:
Gazz wrote:Im a hybrid build and use explosive arrow and a dark necro bow of agonising strike for lixing. I go to the end room in forbidden halls (use blue pot) and pull a load and let the bow and exp arrow work away. it does eat res pots and sometimes an occasional light heal but its working great. I only cast exp arrow if there are 3 or more mobs on me.

Lvl 222
edl set
dl bow & quiver
flaming thorns quiver
trailblazer set
godly hrung brace (precision)
skain stormleaf charm
2x valour rings
haste ring

Drop explosive :/ it
1 takes too much energy
2 doesn't do enough damage


1 Yes he knows it takes a lot of energy but is willing to use restos as needed

2 It does moderate dmg to multiple mobs.

I've known Gazz for a couple years and at 222 has had plenty of time to lix with the skill and without it. And, for him, he finds it a useful skill while lixing as it helps to clear rooms faster. Faster cleared mobs means faster xp. I'm not sure if a lvl 180 should be giving lixing advice to a lvl 220.


I dont think shes on the right forum or knows the class, i'll let you pick A or B

2k dmg average a mob also, ive saw much higher than that, essentially if ive got 6 mobs on me, 12k dmg Spread plus the auto on the original mob.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests