Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: How to be a Professional DPS Ranger

Lvling a ranger currently my second toon in game (main 223lvl mage) i decided to go full str from start! Havent seen any info about def spikes skill so my question is if that skill is a nice combo while still using sharpen-barbed-long shoot-double shoot! I dont use rapid or haste ring-quiver yet while lvling on combos! Havent got that skill yet!
Barbed and long don't belong in a strength build

Actually... Barbed doesn't belong in ANY build
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

Lvling a ranger currently my second toon in game (main 223lvl mage) i decided to go full str from start! Havent seen any info about def spikes skill so my question is if that skill is a nice combo while still using sharpen-barbed-long shoot-double shoot! I dont use rapid or haste ring-quiver yet while lvling on combos! Havent got that skill yet!
Barbed and long don't belong in a strength build

Actually... Barbed doesn't belong in ANY build
Even str build still use longshot for leveling. Atm i have max bared in hybrid build and am not liking it tho
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

Im a hybrid build and use explosive arrow and a dark necro bow of agonising strike for lixing. I go to the end room in forbidden halls (use blue pot) and pull a load and let the bow and exp arrow work away. it does eat res pots and sometimes an occasional light heal but its working great. I only cast exp arrow if there are 3 or more mobs on me.

Lvl 222
edl set
dl bow & quiver
flaming thorns quiver
trailblazer set
godly hrung brace (precision)
skain stormleaf charm
2x valour rings
haste ring

Im a hybrid build and use explosive arrow and a dark necro bow of agonising strike for lixing. I go to the end room in forbidden halls (use blue pot) and pull a load and let the bow and exp arrow work away. it does eat res pots and sometimes an occasional light heal but its working great. I only cast exp arrow if there are 3 or more mobs on me.

Lvl 222
edl set
dl bow & quiver
flaming thorns quiver
trailblazer set
skain stormleaf charm
2x valour rings
haste ring
Drop explosive :/ it
1 takes too much energy
2 doesn't do enough damage
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

Lvl 222
edl set
dl bow & quiver
flaming thorns quiver
trailblazer set
skain stormleaf charm
2x valour rings
haste ring
Drop explosive :/ it
1 takes too much energy
2 doesn't do enough damage
1 Yes he knows it takes a lot of energy but is willing to use restos as needed

2 It does moderate dmg to multiple mobs.

I've known Gazz for a couple years and at 222 has had plenty of time to lix with the skill and without it. And, for him, he finds it a useful skill while lixing as it helps to clear rooms faster. Faster cleared mobs means faster xp. I'm not sure if a lvl 180 should be giving lixing advice to a lvl 220.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Lvl 222
edl set
dl bow & quiver
flaming thorns quiver
trailblazer set
skain stormleaf charm
2x valour rings
haste ring
If you use it at multiple mobs then it might be effective, but that would mean you would need more plat items to stay alive and to support the skill.

Not a skill worth keeping for endgame bossing though.
Wattzon of Sulis

Lvl 222
edl set
dl bow & quiver
flaming thorns quiver
trailblazer set
skain stormleaf charm
2x valour rings
haste ring
If you use it at multiple mobs then it might be effective, but that would mean you would need more plat items to stay alive and to support the skill.

Not a skill worth keeping for endgame bossing though.
Gazzetta eats plat for breakfast he has so much. I don't think he uses it on bosses but it's cool to lix with when it can hit 2-3k on multiple mobs
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Explosive is also useful at bridge, if u can a tank or rogue to agro all mobs at start (rogue casts rip, you cast exp), it does massive damage. Haven't tried it myself but i heard it works pretty well.
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

Explosive is also useful at bridge, if u can a tank or rogue to agro all mobs at start (rogue casts rip, you cast exp), it does massive damage. Haven't tried it myself but i heard it works pretty well.
Yeah all of our rangers in the towers were using it and loving it for a lixing skill. Most of them grouped with mages and you'd have a lot of aoe skill dmg going on and clearing out rooms so fast
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Yeah all of our rangers in the towers were using it and loving it for a lixing skill. Most of them grouped with mages and you'd have a lot of aoe skill dmg going on and clearing out rooms so fast
Yeah we have a ranger that does that. I don't do it myself since I can't keep up with the energy cost even on energy lix.-.
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.