Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: How to be a Professional DPS Ranger

There's no need to insult anyone. But unfo is not the top dps ranger in Fingal. He's good dps. But he's not the top. We're talking about a player that would get into rogue lock groups at necro when a melee player needed cold ward so he could get gold. We're talking about a player that never helped with adds compared to other rangers and etc. Casey, lex, leld, unfo, Khal, etc are all good rangers and could contribute to this thread. Each have their strengths just like many rangers on many servers.

And you're right that I'm not logging a lot right now due to real life stuff.
You heared Muldar, pm :)
Agent K - 224 Warrior Fingal
The Expendables

Bad things, there's a lot of bad things that they wishin' they wishin' they wishin' they wishin' on
YouTube:

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCF20KGlAysLg65kgZ6v0-Vw

Bear mount is pretty sensible for a ranger in DG for survivability. I'm not full DG yet just missing greaves and boots but you wouldn't know it from my gameplay. Full dex auto ranger is my build. I use gear that maximizes my damage,strength and attack. Wolf pet; 2xOblivion rings,reaper,divine ring,runic ammy,double shot cool down charm, a Godly cruel barb and Imperial Raining Arrows Gelebron bracers. Be sure to get some nice Proteus swap rings for sharpen and steady. That's what works for me in my clan, which is EXTREMELY competitive when it comes to who gets kills and bragging rights. RANGER CORP!
In most cases a rangers range is all the survivability that is needed. Out of range of most aoe and away from most of the damage. The only boss that rangers lack survivability is at gelebron because of all the big aoe that we are still in range of and that god aweful chaos runes skill. Prot is fine as long as lures are decent. Using a bear just seems like a missed opportunity for extra dps. The wolf of horse (after client release and improved skill range) are both much better options as mounts for ranger.

As for raining arrows brace, i would never use that over a cruel barbs brace or proteus attack brace. The skills on the brace are average and strengths affect on damage is minimal once you get to eg and have high tier gear along with dg. A maj+ attack prot brace or cruel barbs brace would be much better suited gear to be using. I use a godly crimson core prot brace (180 dex 140 vit 900 attack) gives more survivability than a bear and a better dps boost than raining arrows brace and bear combined.

Rings are perfect. Dont change those. And i agree, prot rings are great for gear swaps as the dec boost helps out also. Another option is the 210 mono brace. Sharpen weaps, decterity and ranged combat. The perfect combo for sharpen weaps all in one gear.

An imperial+ double shot charm is good. A royal is not worth using tho as 15% recast is not enough to allow for 3 casts while dl/edl wrath is active. I however have always been a fan of the sureshot charms and got my double shot cd from a necro brace instead.
This is excellent insight.

I've gotten a wolf mount over horse purely because of pierce lure being more common than crush lure, that skill damage will add up throughout a raid, was unaware that to use horse skill you had to be in range.
Wattzon of Sulis

I've gotten a wolf mount over horse purely because of pierce lure being more common than crush lure, that skill damage will add up throughout a raid, was unaware that to use horse skill you had to be in range.
One thing worth mentioning:
I believe that the Trample skill is intended to have it's range increased so that it is viable for ranged classes. This will require a client update so will be changed with the next release.
Cheers,
Esq
So, yes, this is a handicap, but it may be changing.
(However, not gonna deny that generally pierce>crush :P)

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com

One thing worth mentioning:
I believe that the Trample skill is intended to have it's range increased so that it is viable for ranged classes. This will require a client update so will be changed with the next release.
Cheers,
Esq
So, yes, this is a handicap, but it may be changing.
(However, not gonna deny that generally pierce>crush :P)
Oh if that's the case, I'd still prefer the wolf mount.
Wattzon of Sulis