Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: How to be a Professional DPS Ranger

Very nice guide! You should also include battlemounts and pets best used for rangers as more and more rangers are getting them and always wonder which one is best for them.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Very nice guide! You should also include battlemounts and pets best used for rangers as more and more rangers are getting them and always wonder which one is best for them.
If your a strength based ranger I would say the horse, and if your dex based ranger the wolf for mounts. The spider is a good all around ranger pet, and if dragons ever become more accessible that would be best in slot.
Black Company of Taranis

Mercenaries don't care about sides or politics, they care about getting paid.

If your a strength based ranger I would say the horse, and if your dex based ranger the wolf for mounts. The spider is a good all around ranger pet, and if dragons ever become more accessible that would be best in slot.
The horse is never a good mount for a ranger. The skill can only be cast when in mele range making it useless 99% of the time. This flaw in the horse mount just makes the wolf mount even better than was first thought during beta.
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

Bear mount is pretty sensible for a ranger in DG for survivability. I'm not full DG yet just missing greaves and boots but you wouldn't know it from my gameplay. Full dex auto ranger is my build. I use gear that maximizes my damage,strength and attack. Wolf pet; 2xOblivion rings,reaper,divine ring,runic ammy,double shot cool down charm, a Godly cruel barb and Imperial Raining Arrows Gelebron bracers. Be sure to get some nice Proteus swap rings for sharpen and steady. That's what works for me in my clan, which is EXTREMELY competitive when it comes to who gets kills and bragging rights. RANGER CORP!
Lex Talionis -231 ranger
Moo Cow General
Ranger Corp 6* Boss
First Proteus kill on Fingal, First Gelebron kill on droid,Last one to sleep on
I've failed more times than you've ever tried, that's where we differ.

Bear mount is pretty sensible for a ranger in DG for survivability. I'm not full DG yet just missing greaves and boots but you wouldn't know it from my gameplay. Full dex auto ranger is my build. I use gear that maximizes my damage,strength and attack. Wolf pet; 2xOblivion rings,reaper,divine ring,runic ammy,double shot cool down charm, a Godly cruel barb and Imperial Raining Arrows Gelebron bracers. Be sure to get some nice Proteus swap rings for sharpen and steady. That's what works for me in my clan, which is EXTREMELY competitive when it comes to who gets kills and bragging rights. RANGER CORP!
In most cases a rangers range is all the survivability that is needed. Out of range of most aoe and away from most of the damage. The only boss that rangers lack survivability is at gelebron because of all the big aoe that we are still in range of and that god aweful chaos runes skill. Prot is fine as long as lures are decent. Using a bear just seems like a missed opportunity for extra dps. The wolf of horse (after client release and improved skill range) are both much better options as mounts for ranger.

As for raining arrows brace, i would never use that over a cruel barbs brace or proteus attack brace. The skills on the brace are average and strengths affect on damage is minimal once you get to eg and have high tier gear along with dg. A maj+ attack prot brace or cruel barbs brace would be much better suited gear to be using. I use a godly crimson core prot brace (180 dex 140 vit 900 attack) gives more survivability than a bear and a better dps boost than raining arrows brace and bear combined.

Rings are perfect. Dont change those. And i agree, prot rings are great for gear swaps as the dec boost helps out also. Another option is the 210 mono brace. Sharpen weaps, decterity and ranged combat. The perfect combo for sharpen weaps all in one gear.

An imperial+ double shot charm is good. A royal is not worth using tho as 15% recast is not enough to allow for 3 casts while dl/edl wrath is active. I however have always been a fan of the sureshot charms and got my double shot cd from a necro brace instead.
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple